Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pet AI Not Recognized

cedwards9cedwards9
Mabinogi Rep: 200
edited January 26, 2020 in Help
Hi there. I'm trying to get this fellow's custom AI's to work, specifically the full hybrid one. http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/21813/one-of-my-personally-designed-coded-pet-a-i-s

The issue is that when I copy and paste his data into a notepad file and save it as an XML, the game does not recognize the file as existing. Additionally, when trying to copy and paste into the AI creator in-game, it only pastes a very small portion of the code. If I'm reading the post right it should just all copy over, though. Pet AI changed a bit since I last played.

I assume that I'm missing something simple and stupid and I'm hoping someone here can help me.

Comments

• HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Don't save it as a .xml file... regular text will suffice.
    You also need to make sure that all parts of each code-type are connected together into one full part...
    Basically, if «Part 1/3» is copied to Note-Pad, you also need to copy the «Part 2/3» and paste it right after Part 1/3, , and Part 3/3 must then be pasted right after Part 2/3, then you'll be able to copy the whole entire Pet-Code into your Mabi-Editor. There are also more than one Pet-Code Sequences posted there which you can try out depending on what's appropriate for your pet(s).
    cedwards9 wrote: »
    Hi there. I'm trying to get this fellow's custom AI's to work, specifically the full hybrid one. http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/21813/one-of-my-personally-designed-coded-pet-a-i-s

The issue is that when I copy and paste his data into a notepad file and save it as an XML, the game does not recognize the file as existing. Additionally, when trying to copy and paste into the AI creator in-game, it only pastes a very small portion of the code. If I'm reading the post right it should just all copy over, though. Pet AI changed a bit since I last played.

I assume that I'm missing something simple and stupid and I'm hoping someone here can help me.
    cedwards9
  • cedwards9cedwards9
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    I tried that before. For good measure I've just tried it again. No good. I'm going through the Steam launcher if that makes a difference, and the folder path I'm using is Documents/Mabinogi/Pet AI. Is there a different file-path?
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Should not make a difference if loading via Steam or Nexon-Launcher (probably). From the sounds of things, though, based on your response, are you trying to copy/paste then save a file directly into your Folder/Directory via File-Explorer...?;...that is not what was meant for the copy-pasting; you need to have the client running, summon out a pet, then right-click on the pet and paste the code into the «View Source» section. See following screen-shots for reference...
    glTW7Zr.png
    ↑Right-Clicking on any summoned Pet/Partner should bring up this Menu from where we want Set GuideLines...
    M4MPoUE.png
    ↑For Creating a New Pet-Code...↑
    MSEunRh.png
    This is where we need to be pasting (you are copying from NotePad or other text-editor)↑
    ML4zJCr.png
    ↑Use this button (shown in above screen-shot) to do the pasting

Don't forget to name the «AI-Mode» for the pet before clicking on the Confirm button.
    cedwards9 wrote: »
    I tried that before. For good measure I've just tried it again. No good. I'm going through the Steam launcher if that makes a difference, and the folder path I'm using is Documents/Mabinogi/Pet AI. Is there a different file-path?