Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

When did support actually star doing stuff?

ServilliusServillius
Mabinogi Rep: 745
in General Chat
Back in the day, I would send a ticket about an incident, then had to wait weeks and weeks before a reply. And the replies usually went something along the lines of: “too much time has passed since the incident, we’re sorry for your loss.” Now, replies have taken me two working days max. When, and how did this change?

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited February 3, 2020
    It's been like this for quite a few years now. Basically there was a restructure over 5 years ago. In order to get on top of tickets they completely scrapped the old ticket system. They systematically replied to all the old tickets and told everyone to resubmit their tickets to the new system. From there under the newly trained and retrained staff [insert evil laugh] they were able to start properly taking care of tickets within just a couple business days.

Also I suspect they were not allowed to just copy and paste denials to everything anymore. How some of those employees still work there, I have no idea. I remember a few who work there today that used to do that to us. But I don't think they work there anymore because in the last few years there have been even more "restructures" (layoffs). These days NA is REALLY consolidated their work force and I am actually really surprised that they are still able to respond to tickets within just a couple days.

The reason? Well, pissed off unsatisfied customers hurt businesses BAD. lol. They finally recognized the error of their ways and took action in order to save the NA branch.

Although...I don't think they ever fully recovered.
    Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Why does support get better? Usually it's experience. Other factors can contribute to reduce the ticket queue in the first place. In my own case, remember in the old days when the web-shop did not have the "choose the character to receive the item" line item heading the drop-down menu; it defaulted to the first character alphabetically. I bought an item that was untranferable and sent it to the default character rather than the one I wanted; totally my boo boo but I still launched a ticket. After resolution, in my follow-up thank-you email, I pointed out the problem, and suggested the improvement they now use. The important thing to note to them was that doing this would reduce their ticket queue. I can't say for sure it was me, but the fix went in literally two days after my email, so . . . ummmmm . . . m'yeah.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I want to do some stars too.
    Kensamaofmari