Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

PSA : Protecting Yourself From Viruses

HabimaruHabimaru
Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
in Town Square
Disclaimer: This is not medical-advice, nor do I offer any medical-advice, and I have no interest in being a doctor (the expression «doctoring something up» has a negative-connotation for a reason) for similar reasons as to why I have absolutely no interest in being a lawyer (liar), especially a member of the BAR-Club (Baal-Club).

With the world-wide «scare/pandemic» going on it is probably time I share some information.

All «virus» type diseases can be cured. Yes, all of them, including cancer. Not wanting to go into too much «detail» with this thread, but, regarding cancer (which are actually normal cells found in everybody's body), it shouldn't get out-of-hand as long as you're keeping your blood-pH levels towards the Alkaline (7-8 or higher). Certain foods should be able to keep your blood-pH from becoming too acidic (1-3), whilst of course, you probably want to avoid junk-food (especially anything containing refined sugars, processed sugars, high-fructose corn-syrup, etc).
From my investigations into various research-papers/documents, I have come across descriptions of four types of cancers, one of them being a fungus, whilst most of them tend to be radiation-related (such as from radio-activity post-Hiroshima and cell-phones). Anyway, some of the researchers have mentioned that the normal apoptosis for cancer-cells is halted when blood-pH becomes too acidic (1-3ish on the blood-pH scale), but for the «public» to become «convinced» of this claim I would suspect would require readily available and affordable blood-pH-level testing kits for anybody who is experiencing cancer or knows someone who is experiencing cancer to test out this claim for themselves (instead of relying solely on what men from «prohibitively expensive-to-access labs» claim to be solid medical-science). I do not yet know at this time the effect of radiation on one's blood-pH-levels but I do know that standing in front of a microwave whilst it is «cooking» would be extremely dangerous if it were running with the door open or missing (one of the reasons I keep things like cell-phones the hell away from being right next to my body as much as I possibly can; glad I'm not social enough to have those things practically glued to my ear all day unlike some people in the world).
Regarding the more «flu» specific «global-scare» going on now, references to «patents» on the «product» aside, and without relying on «mystical» methods often promoted by the religious, I believe it is possible to make oneself (near-)immune to any infection. There were articles that I came across making reference to «onions» and how it wards off flu (and other articles saying that it's just an urban-legend), but I do know that my mother seems to love eating onions (always exists in her cooking), and I cannot think of any time when I have ever witnessed her with a flu. If you can get ahold of a legitimate Rife-Machine, and have access to the correct frequencies-combinations, even STDs can be cured. There's also something related to the word «silver» but beware of «cheap imitations» that may lead to argyria.

And as always, always wash your hands after you eat, use toilet, touch $$$, etc. Use hand-sanitizer in addition to good hygiene-habits, etc.
Sherri

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    It is important to do clean activities, but also not be a germaphobic or however the term is spelled/called.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    It is important to do clean activities, but also not be a germaphobic or however the term is spelled/called.

Oh, Xpict, we were all doing well, ignoring this thread, then you had to come along and ruin it.
    SherriGreta
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    People are freaking out over the Covid-19 virus
    meanwhile the flu is yeeting more people
    Kensamaofmari
    In the video game world
    Projekt RED and PUGB Corp. joined a growing list of major video game companies to cancel their appearance at the PAX East conference in Boston that’s scheduled to start Thursday. Already Sony PlayStation, Oculus, Electronic Arts, Kojima Productions, Capcom, and Square Enix have either pulled out of PAX East or the Game Developers Conference, or GDC 2020, a video game conference set to be held in San Francisco next month. —Whitten

from CNBC
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Thanks , but I'm only worried about PC viruses.
    Kensamaofmari
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I don't really care if I get the Covid-19 Virus/Coronavirus or not. gaming is more important to me and I am already a antisocial person that doesn't talk to a lot of people irl anyway. obviously I am aware it is a serious situation right now but there is no 100% full proof way to protect yourself from getting it anyway so screaming and running around in circles won't do any good. just going to have a positive attitude about it and if I catch it just gonna quarantine myself and game until I either get over it or end up in a coffin. not gonna let a virus take away my valuable gaming hours by making me panic.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Negumiko wrote: »
    I don't really care if I get the Covid-19 Virus/Coronavirus or not. gaming is more important to me and I am already a antisocial person that doesn't talk to a lot of people irl anyway. obviously I am aware it is a serious situation right now but there is no 100% full proof way to protect yourself from getting it anyway so screaming and running around in circles won't do any good. just going to have a positive attitude about it and if I catch it just gonna quarantine myself and game until I either get over it or end up in a coffin. not gonna let a virus take away my valuable gaming hours by making me panic.

I'm not entirely sure I agree with you, as a hermit myself, but I do think people are overreacting to this. Considering when you do find actual facts about it and the death rate is actually relatively small...
    Media hype. So bleeding tired of it....and now its impossible to find water and stuffs, because yeah, hurricane supplies are gonna help with this.
    This ain't the zombie apocalypse, people, get a grip
    GretaHabimaru
  • GretaGreta
    Pretty much this:

elu1Z7m.jpg

Husband showed me this meme few days ago and it made me laugh. Sorry not sorry.
    Wolfsinger
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    This whole so-called «pandemic» thing is definitely media-hyped.
    The reason(s) for it is of course for the use of so-called «justification» for more «control» over everyone's movements.
    I most-certainly cannot claim that I did not find it rather «suspicious» that the «same "media-reports"» happened in/at every country simultaneously.
    Greta wrote: »
    Pretty much this:
    elu1Z7m.jpg
    Husband showed me this meme few days ago and it made me laugh. Sorry not sorry.
    Wolfsinger
    In the US the NCAA has announced today that its collegiate basketball tournaments will be held behind closed doors. Several NCAA leagues have also declared that their tournaments (to determine the qualifying school to the national tournament) also be held behind closed doors or are canceled. Some universities/colleges are also holding their athletic competitions behind closed doors. Universities/colleges are also now cancelling classes on campus and shifting them to online. That means schools that are having final exams these next couple weeks will have to improvise. Some professional sports teams are also proceeding to hold their games behind closed doors. Even E Sports competitions will be either held behind closed doors or canceled. Quarantines are coming, brace yourselves.

Meanwhile here are some memes.
    For sports fans unable to get into games
    giphy.gif

For potential upcoming quarantines
    brace-yourself-coronavirus.jpg
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    So.. I heard it's now a
    220px-Pandemic_game.jpg
    KensamaofmariWolfsinger
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Universities/colleges are also now cancelling classes on campus and shifting them to online. That means schools that are having final exams these next couple weeks will have to improvise.

Yup. Its starting to happen down in my area, though we're currently just past the midterm with this break. And here I'd joined an in-person math class cause I failed the online attempt I made last semester...
    Well I trust my prof this time around, particularly since he's been a MUCH better teacher, so I'm hoping if I do get switched to something online I won't be screwed over by this depending how good he is online....but I am so done already xD
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Universities/colleges are also now cancelling classes on campus and shifting them to online. That means schools that are having final exams these next couple weeks will have to improvise.

Yup. Its starting to happen down in my area, though we're currently just past the midterm with this break. And here I'd joined an in-person math class cause I failed the online attempt I made last semester...
    Well I trust my prof this time around, particularly since he's been a MUCH better teacher, so I'm hoping if I do get switched to something online I won't be screwed over by this depending how good he is online....but I am so done already xD

Everythins getting canceled/suspended, life will soon grind to a halt.
  • GretaGreta
    Online studying is ineffective... So much things can go wrong there...

ADHD
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger

ADHD

The funny thing is I have a mildish case of ADD - growing worse and worse the more time on this blastedly big screen I have XD - but I've actually done pretty good with studying online. Helps I'm a hermit - by choice, I lock myself away like the introvert I am all the time - its actually one of the better options for me generally, I've just discovered math requires a LOT more dedication and focus from me, so I've had to take it in in-person classes. Going out can be a pain, but my grades are noticeably better.
    Then again I'm also just terrible at math. Struggled with it since I encountered algebra.....its never gotten better. Everything else is fine, but stupid MATH!! XD
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Just in case anybody wanted another «dose of paranoia» for the day (and reason to get out that tin-foil-hat) I have a «spoiler» just for you !
    The following is a screen-shot for the first page of a 47-page document. What are «patents» for ?
    Primarily to keep other people/corporations/entities/etc from making $$$ off your idea/design/etc.
    How would such a patent like this one be profitable ? Like as IF I'd know the answer to that one !
    Perhaps there are, ahem, aliens who'd buy Bio-Tech War-Fare Secrets for their own wipe-out-some-pesky-species purposes (probably not).
    Anyway... this stuff ain't going to be easy to find for average people since «search-results» are clearly rigged to mostly show «crap» results...:
    And by «crap» results I am talking about how ABC = Always Broadcasting Crap, CBC = Communists Broadcasting Crap, CBS = Crap Broadcasting Station, NBC = Now Broadcasting Crap, CNN = Crap News Network, PBS = Publishers of BS, Fox News = Faux News, BBC = Broadcasting Bull**** Constantly, etc.
    HwW5WSy.png
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    And now for a do-not-panic-about-the-virus button but pay closer attention to your own immune-system response.
    «According to an article published by Radragouna Channappanar and Stanley Perlman, the real cause of deaths in cases of COVID-19 infections isn’t the virus itself, but the resulting cytokine storm that is sort of an “overreaction” of the immune system. The overwhelming flood of cytokines is what causes the lungs to become inflamed and fill with fluid, which leads to difficulty breathing, and greatly increases the risk of a secondary bacterial infection. Pathogenic human coronavirus infections: causes and consequences of cytokine storm and immunopathology.»
    If you still like pressing those Red Shiny Buttons anyway then I have yet another Spoiler for you ! ;o
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    edited March 16, 2020
    *opens spoiler*
    *sees two familiar faces*
    *immediately hides*
    *Nopes out*
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Couldn't find the original Ren & Stimpy one so I had to go with that «Parody» of that part of the History Eraser Button episode instead...
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    *opens spoiler*
    *sees two familiar faces*
    *immediately hides*
    *Nopes out*