Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Raincasting Skill

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in Help
One of it's training credits is to gather while under the cloud. The wiki doesn't indicate if there is any advantage to doing so otherwise; is there?

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Good question. I see people use it all the time while gathering, really wonder if it helps with the gathering success rate.
  • HelsaHelsa
    ++
  • CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    Rain makes it cost the node less for each successful gather, so you can gather 8 times instead of 5 before the node is depleted.
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited February 27, 2020
    Caissa wrote: »
    Rain makes it cost the node less for each successful gather, so you can gather 8 times instead of 5 before the node is depleted.

Does it effect gathering Golden Mushrooms, Alpaca, Homestead stones, and Bandit Homestead stones?
  • CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    It works with Alpacas since it causes gathering to cost it less MP (world objects probably use MP to store the remaining amount too, but there would be no way to check that). I haven't used it with the others, but my guess is it won't work on Gold Mushrooms because the percent of MP saved is unlikely to be enough for a third gather. Homestead stones refresh at midnight pacific so the remaining gathers is probably stored in another variable and it won't work. Just my guesses, though.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Helsa wrote: »
    Caissa wrote: »

Does it effect gathering Golden Mushrooms, Alpaca, Homestead stones, and Bandit Homestead stones?

It doesn't work on Golden Mushrooms or Homestead Stone piles, neither yours or Bandits'.

It doesn't work on things like Metallurgy spots, neither natural ones or homestead versions, or for Hillwen deposits or Shyllien Ecology nodes.
    It also doesn't work on artifact gathering spots (like the pillars and such you can hand-gather from in Iria), dye wells, or on wood chopping blocks.

It does work on Alpacas, and other pets/animals you actively gather from (eggs, milk, wool, etc), but not for pets that produce their byproduts via a skill such as Spiders with their cobwebs.
    But if you're gathering from pets, it's better to make use of Fantastic Chorus to restore your pets' MP while gathering. (especially since it can be activated using Harvest Song which you should be using anyways)
    It works on normal mining spots, sulfur deposits, potato patches, shellfish patches, herb patches, corn, wheat, barley, chopping trees, gathering grapes, and even gathering Silvervine fruits.

Also, it boosts the drop rate of whacking objects for items, such as nails from lampposts, or apples/berries from trees and bushes.

One thing I'm not sure about is if rain boosts how many times you can gather Elementals from an Ice/Lightning/Fire Sprite using an Ice/Lightning/Fire Wand (without a shield equipped). But in that case it's easier to just do this at Ceo Island where you can kill the sprite when it runs out and just gather again from the new one that spawns.

Also, all of this stuff counts for Raincasting as well as plain normal rainy weather. It's just that r1 Raincasting has the same effect as a full-strength Thunderstorm.
    Whereas weaker weather and ranks below r1 will have a lesser effect on gathering counts.
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited February 27, 2020
    I wanna be sure were all on the same page here: raincloud will boost the 200 daily gather limit on alpacas?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I wanna be sure were all on the same page here: raincloud will boost the 200 daily gather limit on alpacas?

No, it'll only reduce the MP cost of each of those gathers.
    Alpaca's are special cases.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Iyasenu wrote: »

No, it'll only reduce the MP cost of each of those gathers.
    Alpaca's are special cases.

Oh pooper doopers,:C thank you for your consultation.