Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Memoirs

RedLightning94RedLightning94
Mabinogi Rep: 500
in Bugs and Glitches
Memoirs are both helpful, and a pain in the A** to deal with when they don't want to work. I'm having problems with three memoirs currently, one of which is preventing me from acquiring a skill which is required to complete the memoir in the first place. This being "The Turning of the Tide" Memoir, and the Skill Crash Shot, both quest's first step is to talk to Aranwen, which I have. However she only gives me "The Turning of the Tide" dialogue, and the Memoir step won't check off. Then I have a problem with "Amplifying Gear Effects" with Stewart. My current LVL is over 1000, and he wants me to enchant a weapon with effects that only activate when your total LVL is under 1000, I've enchanted the weapon and everything and gone back to talk to him, but the Memoir doesn't update, or check off the steps I've done, instead Stewart repeats his dialogue and gives me the same exact enchant scroll as before. HELP!!!!

Comments

• ComplianceCompliance
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    Did you have the enchanted weapon equipped while talking to Stewart? Just making sure.
  • RedLightning94RedLightning94
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    I did, but does it matter if the weapons equipped if the first step which is talking to him isn't even completing?
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    edited April 2, 2020
    I got same issue with Memoir-Quests that have me talk to Aranwen and the dialogue always being stuck at the same thing and the fulfillment for Lingering Darkness/Intermediate not registering as completed even after I tested and repeated that Shadow-Mission on Intermediate (and every other difficulty level for that mater just to make sure it wasn't some sort of typo or erroneous description with the quest-requirements).

May end up submitting a ticket about it eventually but first going to try a few other things...
    Edit/Update : Turns out that the Quest-Sequences are mis-leading. Apparently we have to do some Goddess of the Advent Memoir which starts by whacking a Snow-Man in Sidhe Sneatcha, followed by some sequence leading to Clearing Tir Na Nog, then visiting the entrance to Alby Dungeon-Lobby, even though these don't seem to be any pages in the Memoir-Book that I can see; after that, the Knight of Light Memoir-Page is activated, from which after clearing Barri-Dungeon, Math-Dungeon, then visiting Ceo-Island, that talking to Aranwen finally clears the Quest-Completion requirements that allows us to proceed to doing the Crash-Shot-related Lingering Darkness Shadow-Mission on Intermediate.

I did submit a ticket about a different issue, related to a Duncan-connected Potential-Levels Quest, and the G-M promptly fixed it so that Quest-Progression would resume. Not entirely sure if that was the reason for being able to resume Memoirs-Progress but is probably important to mention just in case whacking the Snow-Man and Sidhe-Sneatcha doesn't seem to trigger any hidden quest-progress...
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    Memoirs are both helpful, and a pain in the A** to deal with when they don't want to work. I'm having problems with three memoirs currently, one of which is preventing me from acquiring a skill which is required to complete the memoir in the first place. This being "The Turning of the Tide" Memoir, and the Skill Crash Shot, both quest's first step is to talk to Aranwen, which I have. However she only gives me "The Turning of the Tide" dialogue, and the Memoir step won't check off. Then I have a problem with "Amplifying Gear Effects" with Stewart. My current LVL is over 1000, and he wants me to enchant a weapon with effects that only activate when your total LVL is under 1000, I've enchanted the weapon and everything and gone back to talk to him, but the Memoir doesn't update, or check off the steps I've done, instead Stewart repeats his dialogue and gives me the same exact enchant scroll as before. HELP!!!!

I remember encountering similar problems with Stewart back when I did memoirs. The solutions left me confused and annoyed. First of all, you must enchant an actual weapon. Not an instrument, or a hat, or shoes. I used a Dagger. Secondly, the dialogue didn't mention this at first, but it has to be a specific enchant, not just any beginner enchant. Third, I've heard people say you must use the Enchanting skill to enchant the weapon. Using the scroll without the enchanting skill won't count (or so I've heard). So many annoying specifics. It is okay to be over level 1000.
  • Chara303Chara303
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    I keep getting the same problem im been trying to get some quests done like lighting rod but i can't get it done when Stewart keep saying the memoirs with the enchant scoll keep coming up i talk to him sorry but this is getting really far annoying.... i just want to get some of the quest done so i dont get left behind im over 7k+ and im already getting really mad that i cant figure out how to get around it sorry i just want to get some things done...