Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Technique "Iron Will" Revised Idea!

AlshianAlshian
Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
edited March 24, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
"Iron Will" should be changed into something more suitable for use to giving some stats more worth to invest into or items to invest using more often.

At the very moment "Iron Will" Only give 3 minutes of Advance Stander at Level 10 with a 20 minute cooldown. Although "Iron Will" have some pros and cons.

Pros to having "Iron Will" active is not being stunned and knocked back, you would think this is over powered right? Wrong its only powerful when your faced with monsters very weak so now we talk about the Cons.

The Cons to using "Iron Will" at the face of real danger and enemies at our own level and higher is that since your currently a walking tank that can't be stunned or knocked back they would instead burst through your HP with pure DPS. "Iron Will" left you unable to get the grace period for being knocked back to avoid damage for a short time till you land on the ground, this means the enemies being in groups will just keep attacking you till your HP is deadly or dead for little to under a few seconds. This would not be a problem for a real tank like Giants and some humans but for the fact that Con exist made "Iron Will" a risky Technique to use despite the duration and cooldown.

So here is my suggestion for a Revised "Iron Will", Instead of being hindered by Duration and Cooldown at a time of need, it should instead be a toggle Technique that uses Stamina over time like a skill "Spell Walk".

Technique Unlock Requirements

Own Title "The Unstoppable".
Must have Light or Heavy Armor equipped to use.
Heavy Armor Mastery at rank 1 Or Light Armor Mastery rank 1.
Will (base) 210 or above.

Effect: Immune to stun and Knockdown.

Level 1: Stamina Use [/sec] 30
Level 2: Stamina Use [/sec] 29
Level 3: Stamina Use [/sec] 28
Level 4: Stamina Use [/sec] 27
Level 5: Stamina Use [/sec] 25
Level 6: Stamina Use [/sec] 23
Level 7: Stamina Use [/sec] 21
Level 8: Stamina Use [/sec] 19
Level 9: Stamina Use [/sec] 17
Level 10: Stamina Use [/sec] 15

Again you may say its over powered, but it really is not. May be seen as over powered by content "Already too Easy" for your current level but later on when your faced with "real challenge" This Technique is very necessary to avoid being constantly juggled by enemies with no cooldown to shockwaves, or endless spawning of Salamanders as well as Dead Salamander AoE DoT that causes stun, and many other instances of things that pretty much just juggles you just to annoy you.

Leave your thoughts down below about this Revised "Iron Will" with why you would like this or hate it, as well as the times Nexon suddenly place in the game that no longer is about skill and just basically wants you to pull your hair out of annoyance with juggling and things that just seem too unfair to make this to a point that a Revised "Iron Will" to be deemed as Reasonable.

PS: There could be new bosses in the future like "Tech Duin Geata" with the laser beams vaporizing you with Advance Stander on, just to put it there. Since the Lasers were suppose to cause knock back on hit making you take one hit but with "Iron Will" it will instead deal DPS during the attack animation. Example of it dealing 300 damage with knock back, will instead deal 300 DoT under 0.25 seconds. This just means you die the moment the Laser hits with Advance Stander since you don't get a grace period during a knock back.
  1. Do you like this Revised "Iron Will" Idea? If no, place your reason below. Lets hear it. (:4 votes
    1. Yes.
       25% (1 vote)
    2. No.
       75% (3 votes)

Comments

• TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    Terrible idea. Iron Will is already amazing, and you're just not using it effectively.
    It sounds like you just want to always have adv heavy stander and much greater def/protection. What you want is to be a giant. Just be one. You'll lose final hit or magnum, but it's a trade-off you need to make if you want to tank everything. As a giant, I can have adv heavy stander permanently by alternating between various skills. Of those skills, Iron Will is my favorite by far. I can use magic etc, which wind guard prohibits, and I don't lose bits of exp here and there like with wings of eclipse. It activates instantly, unlike Shield of Trust.

My advice for effective use of Iron Will by squishy characters is, take good advantage of the stun immunity to barrage the enemy with so many attacks that their HP falls faster than yours.

As a post-script, Geata's lasers are predictable and avoidable without trying to withstand being hit. Iron Will is not meant to be a 'Punch-me-and-see-if-I-feel-it' skill.