Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can’t launch

OmnicronguyOmnicronguy
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in Technical Support
I’ve got this older laptop that I used to play on and decided to pick it back up, but I can’t launch the game. I’ve tried through the Nexon launcher and through steam, but nothing. If I go to play it it will sometimes let me log in, but then an error shows up and then it’s back to square 1. For about a week now I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game over and over again but even that won’t work. Someone please help me play my favorite mmo again

Comments

• HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Older laptops tend to have wear-and-tear (or something happened in the fabric of space-time) that seems to cause them to not only run rather slowly but may take a long time to load anything to the point where loading is simply timed out. New laptops these days can be obtained for low-ish prices so it would probably be best to replace the old laptop with a new one (or a desk-top if you got space for one).

If you've been uninstalling and re-installing, but aren't able to get any seemingly «clean install» anyway, your uninstallations may not necessarily be complete, for which you might need to make use of a software-tool (such as Absolute-Uninstaller) which can completely uninstall components that the regular Windows uninstaller may have missed in order to re-do a complete and clean re-install.