Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

I can't hear any music and sound

DeanwinchyDeanwinchy
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in Help
Hi,
I am trouble by something, it's been quite a while I've been trying to fix an issue on mabinogi. When I play, I can't hear and music nor any sounds and it is quite troublesome since we need the sound in so much occasion. The sounds in my option are on the maximum and I even tried to fix the update in Mabinogi Nexon option. Nothing is working, it all started about the moment we had the option to use the Korean version of Mabinogi background music, I don't know what to do, please help me?

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    If you can hear other things on your computer then it's probably the Mabinogi sound settings. If you can't hear anything on your computer, then hope it's just your computer settings.
  • DeanwinchyDeanwinchy
    Helsa wrote: »
    If you can hear other things on your computer then it's probably the Mabinogi sound settings. If you can't hear anything on your computer, then hope it's just your computer settings.

I can hear everyting else, it's only mabinogi I can't hear. I've been trying to fix the setting in game through option and it's not doing anything still no music, if there is another place to do the music setting well I don't know where it is...
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Have you checked your volume mixer?
    On Windows 10 you can open the start menu and search for: Sound Mixer Options
    While Mabi is running, make sure the mixer for Mabi isn't at 0.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Deanwinchy wrote: »

I can hear everyting else, it's only mabinogi I can't hear. I've been trying to fix the setting in game through option and it's not doing anything still no music, if there is another place to do the music setting well I don't know where it is...

So, you can hear the game noise but just not the game music? I think the game music is a separately downloaded file.
  • DeanwinchyDeanwinchy
    JJ wrote: »
    Have you checked your volume mixer?
    On Windows 10 you can open the start menu and search for: Sound Mixer Options
    While Mabi is running, make sure the mixer for Mabi isn't at 0.

In the mixer option the game is on the maximum just like everything else, this is really confusing according to everything I should hear the sound and the music but I cannot.
  • DeanwinchyDeanwinchy
    Deanwinchy wrote: »

So, you can hear the game noise but just not the game music? I think the game music is a separately downloaded file.

I am sorry I guess I wasn't clear enough. If I listen to music example on youtube or if I play any other game there is no problem I can hear everything. But once in Mabinogi, I don't hear anything, nor the music, nor the sounds. I went to check my computer setting, the mixer option and everything is at 100, so I am confused...
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited April 1, 2020
    Sorry to say, you might need to try uninstalling Mabi and reinstall it. Or maybe try to reboot your PC first if you haven't already.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    edited April 3, 2020
    you need to check the game options... the thing above the log out button
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Lately, I've had times where after dc, the game sound would go off, but rebooting the game would fix it.
    The case here looks like something may have got corrupted