Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Transformation Skill buffs

ThiagoRioluThiagoRiolu
Mabinogi Rep: 820
edited April 7, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
I feel like Transformation right now is pretty underwhelming, it could receive a buff, such as let the player use all of the creatures' skills, not just Smash, Counter, Defense(Which some transformations can't even use at the moment), it could add a skill bar somewhere in the player's screen that they can use, as long they have the skill unlocked, and other skills, such as Monster-only can be already unlocked by default or can unlock as the Transformation Skill ranking goes up. And for op skills it should add Dan Ranks
  1. Should Transformation get a buff11 votes
    1. Yes, it'd make the skill more interesting and fun.
       100% (11 votes)
    2. No, I think it's good how it is.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    I voted yes, because Transformation Mastery is underwhelming right now, but I do want to note that the skills ranks should be those of the player's actual ranks. And, of course, some latent abilities and skills shouldn't be used. Things like Adv heavy stander, immunities, Mores' Chaincasting, etc would be a bit silly to allow. Probably best to only allow players to use skills they actually have, and at the ranks they have them.
    ThiagoRiolu
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I think it was originally meant as more of a gag skill but it still deserves more, I agree that it is really underwhelming.
    ThiagoRiolu
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    if we could use all the original skill the monster has when we turn into them transformation mastery would almost be considered a new talent. new monster transformations mixed into the ranks would also be nice as there are still some monsters that would be fun to hunt but we can't turn into. these are some of the monsters I would like to see added that I listed in a thread roughly 2 years ago http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/17002/revamp-transformation-mastery-and-taming maybe also add a new dream catcher, a dream catcher totem dream catcher totem that increases collection chances by 2%, and dream catcher earring accessories that allow us to transform without a dream catcher in our weapon slot.

I fully support new ways for players to fight as monsters but it would also be nice to improve the entire transformation system so it is even more fun and would encourage more new players to try it. once you have captured most of the monsters and the rest are tough to get to with extremely low collection chances it can feel a lot less fun then it was before. we need new monsters and slightly higher collection chances so the thrill of the hunt lasts longer. these days we only get new npc transformation medals mixed into gacha and some events which is not exciting or fun, it is kind of nexon laughing at any players that really enjoy the transformation system like laughing at a lion in a cage.
    ThiagoRiolu
  • ThiagoRioluThiagoRiolu
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    Negumiko wrote: »
    if we could use all the original skill the monster has when we turn into them transformation mastery would almost be considered a new talent. new monster transformations mixed into the ranks would also be nice as there are still some monsters that would be fun to hunt but we can't turn into. these are some of the monsters I would like to see added that I listed in a thread roughly 2 years ago http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/17002/revamp-transformation-mastery-and-taming maybe also add a new dream catcher, a dream catcher totem dream catcher totem that increases collection chances by 2%, and dream catcher earring accessories that allow us to transform without a dream catcher in our weapon slot.

I fully support new ways for players to fight as monsters but it would also be nice to improve the entire transformation system so it is even more fun and would encourage more new players to try it. once you have captured most of the monsters and the rest are tough to get to with extremely low collection chances it can feel a lot less fun then it was before. we need new monsters and slightly higher collection chances so the thrill of the hunt lasts longer. these days we only get new npc transformation medals mixed into gacha and some events which is not exciting or fun, it is kind of nexon laughing at any players that really enjoy the transformation system like laughing at a lion in a cage.

And rn, there are even more npcs than monsters in it
  • ZhuoZhuo
    Mabinogi Rep: 420
    edited April 15, 2020
    It would be nice if we could actually use the skills of the transformations. Of course, there should be drawbacks and weaknesses to doing this, so you can't just overpower all other skill sets. But allow you to be decent at most things by just transforming. Kinda like what you'd expect from a adventure skill set.

You could also develop a subskill system, where you can buff specific type of transformations with points you can receive based on diary completion, so that everyone might have different utility.

I also kinda wish we could like... Mount a player who transformed into a horse and such?
    ThiagoRiolu