Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Is exploration broken? (Cenae, South Longa Beach)

InsaneNyanInsaneNyan
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in Bugs and Glitches
I've been stuck on the Courcle exploration journals what feels like weeks, Cenae Meadows seems especially broken with next to nothing out there to be found, and now I'm working on music knowledge r7, and after wandering South Longa Beach for an hour there's only been one type of whistling stone! On every channel! Am I missing something? Is something broken? Help :C

Comments

• HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    The statues in Cenae Meadows are spread further apart than other regions, since it's large and mostly empty. Note that Bronze Jackal is the most time-consuming, annoying artifact to get of any of the collection books. It's the reason that Composition at Rest sells for over 6m easily.

Many people don't know this, but in Courcle, statues are set to all disappear at the same time every 60.4 seconds. It is not 60 seconds after you find one. The best option is to look at the second hand of a clock when you see a statue vanish, and know that whenever the hand reaches that point, all statues will vanish.
    Калашников
  • InsaneNyanInsaneNyan
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Hazurah wrote: »

I've been looking at that map, but it seems only one type of stone if appearing and at that in only 2 or 3 locations. http://prntscr.com/rvouo7 <-- this one. On every channel?
    Timefall wrote: »
    The statues in Cenae Meadows are spread further apart than other regions, since it's large and mostly empty. Note that Bronze Jackal is the most time-consuming, annoying artifact to get of any of the collection books. It's the reason that Composition at Rest sells for over 6m easily.

Many people don't know this, but in Courcle, statues are set to all disappear at the same time every 60.4 seconds. It is not 60 seconds after you find one. The best option is to look at the second hand of a clock when you see a statue vanish, and know that whenever the hand reaches that point, all statues will vanish.

So it just is supposed to take days in Cenae? I mean Im running around with demi on and I'm still finding very few statues to begin with. I've looked at the supposed maps for both of these location but I'm finding a fraction of what is "Supposed" to be there Dx
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    edited April 8, 2020
    Like Timefall pointed out, the statues found in Cenae are reaaaallllly spread apart. It can take a while to find even one.
    Try swooping around the area where the Lions are and near the river (but not too close) separating it from Cor. There's usually a few around those areas.

I wouldn't really advice using demi-god since you might start to pick up on a sound with an L-rod that you'd otherwise miss with the transformation.

Oh, and one thing I've learned: If you're looking for the Bronze Jackal piece, you're much more likely to find it from the two-headed or three-headed statues. I'm rather persistent, so when I search for it usually takes an hour or two to find all the Bronze Jackal pieces given that is all I am doing. However, if you're searching for it casually, it might take you "a few days" ...or longer. :(

EDIT: RIGHT! I think the Whistling Stones are bugged and it has been an issue for some time now. But I'll check to see if they come up in game some time later!
    InsaneNyan
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    Just to be clear, the maps of statues you can gather from show possible locations, not actual locations. At any given time, there are around 3-4 statues total in Cenae Meadows. After one disappears, a new one appears at one random location from the map.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    edited April 16, 2020
    Hey,

I just checked one of the beaches in Longa Desert and there were Whistling Stones there. Were you searching along the incline of leading into the beach? That's where they are usually.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that it might be better to search for the Bronze Jackal fragments in Lappa. There's a lot of statues that can be found there. Once again, your best bet will be the two and three-headed statues (might just be the two-headed ones, though).