Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Cant start the game

asherali22asherali22
in Help
So recenetly i decided to give mabinogi a try after the long years and i literally cant open the game it wont let me it just wont start up the game and its super annoying ive redownloaded nexon launcher and when i click play it says launching game and it doesnt even take me to the patch screen so what can i do

Comments

• FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Do you have an antivirus service running? It could be that it is blocking the client from running. Try whitelisting Mabinogi, the Nexon Launcher, and the NGS.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    if you have added mabi to your exceptions list in you antivirus and you are still having trouble then go into your main hard drive and go into the windows folder and find this: dduoist-78ab7f2b-a230-48f2-bb61-157d38c16856.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzAzNWRiYWVjLWEwN2ItNGNmYy04ZWY0LTdmZmQ2Yjg2Nzk4OFwvZGR1b2lzdC03OGFiN2YyYi1hMjMwLTQ4ZjItYmI2MS0xNTdkMzhjMTY4NTYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.DeCbLSTljGyU89EebHQdxY9clsQivSHwgbX6Ad2-6cw

my antivirus refused to let mabi run until I had that folder added to the exceptions list.
  • ServilliusServillius
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    Do it through steam. It’s so much easier
    Negumiko
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Servillius wrote: »
    Do it through steam. It’s so much easier

true, I find playing mabi through steam much easier then using the nexon launcher. however only mabi players that live in the US can play mabi through steam and if their antivirus is causing all the trouble they will still have to mess around with it a little and make sure mabi is added to the exceptions list so the antivirus leaves it alone.