Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Unpopular Opinion: Cancel the Legendary Item Event

Comments

• DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    edited April 16, 2020
    imo, there is no way to fix the event. I am just not going to bother. Sorry...
  • FOXAssassinFOXAssassin
    Mabinogi Rep: 850

Yeah but if you get the weapon and destroy it what was the point in going to the event in the first place. At-least you could get some gold out of it if you decide that class isn't working out for you. Why would nexon do an event to give out something that would maybe end up getting destroyed later anyway? Honestly I don't know what the point of this event was. To give out a few items? Why not just call it a giveaway.

:I I'm still clueless to why this legendary item event even happened tbh

You must have missed most of the events lately that give out exclusively and very limited timed items, which are going to be destroyed anyway.

I'm very tired of the rewards of late. way too many timers, and way too much standing around for arbitrary amounts of time and/or being online at a specific time during the day. Considering it uses PST, and west europe and africa(?) onto the servers, it forces people to be on at extremely awkward or just un-doable timeframes

I miss when attendances didn't need a half hour (or more) to complete.

I miss when everyone could participate and get a reward from it. (Look at this, yet again reskined Meowbinogi, except in theory, it's possible for someone to never complete a single board because of RNG, and unable to get more from limited tokens)

I miss when nearly every item given out didn't have a timer on them....
    SherriChaosShadow
  • terrybessterrybess
    Mabinogi Rep: 695
    i think the best idea would be to raise the number of drops to 7, 1 per channel. right now it's at 1 per server wait in a channel to find out the drop went to someone on another channel and the number of people trying to get the ONE drop feels bad. also the item claimed message says your request has been deleted. yeah that was a mini panic attack first time for me
    PlatinaKoki
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    A: Don't design Events in such a manner to where nearly whole entire server-channel populations are all gathered in one spot for long (or even brief) periods of time... consider how much strain that may put on peoples' graphics-cards. Instead, try to consider how to spread the population out, and here are a few ideas that I can come up with which might help to re-distribute the population without over-crowding one location...

・ Create multiple different locations of Red-Carpets (yes, Carpets, plural).
    ・ Alternatively, make the «Queue» be one where you're «instanced» into a Shadow-Mission style Red-Carpet Waiting Area, then everybody who happens to be within the Shadow-Mission by the designated «time» (who were «on time» for their «appointment» [if they made an «appointment» earlier with the receptionist of course]) can «queue» in by talking to the NPC within and the «Legendary Item» will «search high and low, far and wide» for its new potential owner, one at a time, and, slowly, Milletians get the «failure» message/animation as «each chest» is checked.
    Exiting from the Shadow-Mission could also give one «options» as to where they wish to exit to (any of the Cities either on Iria or Ulaidh or even by Belvast-Bank) but may not be necessary as long as the Event doesn't cause everybody in the Shadow-Mission-styled «instance» to «exit» simultaneously.
    ・ When an «item» is referred to as being «Legendary» then it most-certainly needs to be a rather «unique» item, and, regarding the above seemingly going potentially against the «lore» that it is a «Unique» (and thus one-and-only) type of item being at multiple locations, the item is not actually at «multiple locations» but IT decides upon which «chest» IT is «summoned to» from which-ever other-worldly location it had been «awaiting» its new «Master» due to being able to detect that its «Master» (or Mistress) is standing in front of that particular Treasure-Chest...
    ・ Time-slots could be separated by race, talent-levels, journal-points, etc. Separating by «Talent/Achievements» also could be considered part of the «lore» as to the criteria for what/whom the item/object finds «worthy» of belonging to, and these «Tier» separations can also separate the Tier-Levels of the «Legendary» items to Talent-Level-appropriate recipients.
    Keep in mind that Mabinogi was originally designed to be a «Fantasy Life» where there have literally been people who wish to be able to «Level Up» without having to «engage in combat» so not everything (nor every item) has to be combat-oriented; whole entire games can be made within this game within the Talent-Sets themselves, such as creating a form of «School Idol» points/idol-gathering/recruiting game similar to that «Love Live! All-Stars» game-app (yes, the one from KLab Games), without necessarily infringing on any intellectual-property ideas of course, something that would open a door-way for the legendary Mabinogi music-composers to create more music-tracks, perhaps even to the point where «voiced» versions of the songs used in-game could be put into CDs and sold as an additional product, and I hope that at least some of you know how big that the music-industry can be which might also be useful for more «marketing/advertising» purposes as good music-pieces that people might hear who've never heard of Mabinogi who like the music might also decide to come and try Mabinogi out, too, and if they've «purchased» the CDs, they automatically makes them «pre-qualified» customers who are likely to «buy» your other goods... (yeah, I am sure some people can/have guessed by now, but I really do often think «business-like» hence this kind of periodic feed-back I provide)

I also agree with the «character-only» thing people mentioned (after all, if a «Legendary Item/Object» is choosing its Master/Mistress, then it probably would also choose to be «useless» for anybody else whom might get their hands on IT after all).

Sorry, thought I was also going to put in a «B» and «C» and «D» into my response, but that will have to wait later;
    I tend to a lot more errands and tasks and stuff than I used to these days so I cannot necessarily spend too much «time» providing my «best» feed-back but as I get the things done that I need to get done I will probably come back to this thread and add more information/feedback (I am aware that Nexon-developers have actually implemented multiple things in the past because of several of my old posts from the previous-version forums, such as the Alarm-Clock that we now have in-game, the Repeat-Instrument-Playing option, and probably a few other things, but I'd really like it if Mabinogi's future «Generations» releases could start moving more towards «happy» times of Song/Dance since that particulare «genre» and listening to music appeals to just about everybody... what do people do to «make it big» in the world...? I am sure there's more to MMORPGs than just dungeons and more dungeons and additional dungeons and shadow-missions and dungeons and shadow-missions and the periodic raid-releases and progressions solely from combat-oriented activities).
    CMKyrios wrote: »
    I know that some of you may be thinking: "Just do better events next time!" but we'd still like conducive feedback on how this type of event could be improved. I like some of the things y'all wrote in here.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Although I should probably comment on and agree on several points made (such as how «Expiration-Timers» feel like a waste of bag-space, not to mention, I personally think that having too many such «timers» in a game makes it much more prone to unpredictable and unwanted bugs/glitches), for now, I am just going to say that this part about the «specific time of the day» gave me an idea... they ought to have some sort of «Receptionist» for these types of events, and we just «schedule» a specific time that works with our schedule/time-zone with said receptionist, then we just have to be «professional» and «keep our appointment» that we set/decided upon, and that way it's only our «fault» if we «miss out» on something potentially worth obtaining.
    Yeah but if you get the weapon and destroy it what was the point in going to the event in the first place. At-least you could get some gold out of it if you decide that class isn't working out for you. Why would nexon do an event to give out something that would maybe end up getting destroyed later anyway? Honestly I don't know what the point of this event was. To give out a few items? Why not just call it a giveaway.

:I I'm still clueless to why this legendary item event even happened tbh
    You must have missed most of the events lately that give out exclusively and very limited timed items, which are going to be destroyed anyway.
    I'm very tired of the rewards of late. way too many timers, and way too much standing around for arbitrary amounts of time and/or being online at a specific time during the day. Considering it uses PST, and west europe and africa(?) onto the servers, it forces people to be on at extremely awkward or just un-doable timeframes
    I miss when attendances didn't need a half hour (or more) to complete.

I miss when everyone could participate and get a reward from it. (Look at this, yet again reskined Meowbinogi, except in theory, it's possible for someone to never complete a single board because of RNG, and unable to get more from limited tokens)

I miss when nearly every item given out didn't have a timer on them....
    Now for a bit of quality music which, who knows, perhaps, one day, could be integrated into becoming an Event or even a whole entire Generation revolving around such «Legendary» Song and Dance where the «Life we Choose to Create» could expand into Group-Idols, Business-Tycoon-style ventures, Farmville-style objectives (I have personally never actually played Farmville before but I've seen how «popular» it is/was), such endless-possibilities, etc.
    FOXAssassin
  • ServilliusServillius
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    I think lowering the rate would be a good idea.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Servillius wrote: »
    I think lowering the rate would be a good idea.

They don't have to do that with events because no real money is involved.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited April 17, 2020
    Habimaru wrote: »
    A: Don't design Events in such a manner to where nearly whole entire server-channel populations are all gathered in one spot for long (or even brief) periods of time... consider how much strain that may put on peoples' graphics-cards. Instead, try to consider how to spread the population out, and here are a few ideas that I can come up with which might help to re-distribute the population without over-crowding one location...

This alone is something I'm surprised the devs didn't consider.

Aaaand more Divine Blades for week 2.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870

They will likely just keep pushing DBlades out every weekend, which I'm not too sure how to feel about at the rate this is going.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    heres an idea, we got the Lord of the Seas Clothes that are character bound... just throw character bound items at everyone one weekend and forget about the rest of the weeks...
    PlatinaKokitakecarebecky
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Sebastian wrote: »

They will likely just keep pushing DBlades out every weekend, which I'm not too sure how to feel about at the rate this is going.

Well, at least they're clean now.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Oh wait, you mean to tell me the DBlades were nOt eVeN ClEaN!? OH MAH GAWD!!!!!

I thought the weapons were cleaned begin with jeez I overlooked this o3o.........
  • adfsdflglglgadfsdflglglg
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    I think I was the first in line, but I lagged on the way to the carpet and didn’t get there on time, so I was disqualified. Also, the first person on a different channel won the trade unlock. Damn.
  • ServilliusServillius
    edited April 18, 2020
    And gone within the first 7 people again, lol.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

I assume they changed nothing then.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Greta wrote: »

And since when has any game company altered a plan that's already set in action?
  • GretaGreta
    TNinja wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »

And since when has any game company altered a plan that's already set in action?

Lol. I guess you didn't read the thread from start.
  • ServilliusServillius
    And the 10 reforges were won by the first person again.
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 18, 2020
    New record.

Fine reforges gone within 10 seconds.

The 1st person in the channel i was in didn't even had a chance to get to that chest lol.
    Radiant DawnWolfsinger
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Oh yeah, that's restarted this weekend....well I missed a few, oh well XD