Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Kyururu Defense Minigame

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 24, 2020
    I don't know what's wrong with me, but i can't seem to make Serval's Strike to work. I just load it, poof and nothing. The skill becomes again usable after few seconds...
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »
    I don't know what's wrong with me, but i can't seem to make Serval's Strike to work. I just load it, poof and nothing. The skill becomes again usable after few seconds...

I've only gotten it to work when using it in front of the line of slimes last night. I then lagged on the final wave and couldn't do anything and was eventually was killed by the tractor.

It's effective at wiping out most of the column of slimes when using professor's assistant's attack boost. And use the professor's speed boost right when you intend to engage the slimes. Caracal's skill will freeze them temporarily.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Today has felt rather «laggy» and lots of other people have been mentioning problems with latency (lag).
    I don't think it's you doing anything wrong but something going on with the Internet affecting many people.
    I can barely even load any web-pages that don't seem to feel like they've been taking for-ever to fully load since this morning...
  • GretaGreta
    Update: by sheer luck i managed to get this skill working and ended up finally getting the title. After the 2nd Tractor it got pretty much easy and managed to clear remaining waves with just 3 HP left on circle lol.
    Negumiko
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Update: by sheer luck i managed to get this skill working and ended up finally getting the title. After the 2nd Tractor it got pretty much easy and managed to clear remaining waves with just 3 HP left on circle lol.

yeah, the tractor is not really a threat after you beat it the second time. in later rounds you don't even have to bother upgrading your stats. the increased number of cellien slimes become the main problem later but they are easier to defeat on time if you remember which direction each wave comes from and get close to their spawn point before they start appearing.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    Yesterday I managed to win the game on the Dunbarton map and it definitely taught me something; Movement Speed Potions are your best friend
    I went in blind and not knowing the spawn pattern to beating it with 6 HP to spare and I'm sure it's because I got some Movement Speed Potions from the Souvenir Shop
    I can outrun the Celliens easier and even when I chose the wrong side of town where they entered, I could just use the Movement Speed Skill and catch up to them
    What I did with the tractors is I just saved that Serval skill, I killed off the Celliens and loaded up Counterattack, walked towards the tractor until I was inside the model and I used the skill, it one shots it and even if it doesn't, just use Windmill
    Musicat
    Sherri wrote: »
    Yesterday I managed to win the game on the Dunbarton map and it definitely taught me something; Movement Speed Potions are your best friend
    I went in blind and not knowing the spawn pattern to beating it with 6 HP to spare and I'm sure it's because I got some Movement Speed Potions from the Souvenir Shop
    I can outrun the Celliens easier and even when I chose the wrong side of town where they entered, I could just use the Movement Speed Skill and catch up to them
    What I did with the tractors is I just saved that Serval skill, I killed off the Celliens and loaded up Counterattack, walked towards the tractor until I was inside the model and I used the skill, it one shots it and even if it doesn't, just use Windmill

Does movement speed skill stack with speed pots?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

Not in this case, it just takes whichever is currently the bigger boost, which is Professor's Flight.
    When Professor's Flight expires, you go back to Movement Speed 40% potion's boost.
    But keep doing those daily quests, and Professor's Flight, and the rest of the Friend skills, will improve again.
  • GretaGreta
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Not in this case, it just takes whichever is currently the bigger boost, which is Professor's Flight.
    When Professor's Flight expires, you go back to Movement Speed 40% potion's boost.
    But keep doing those daily quests, and Professor's Flight, and the rest of the Friend skills, will improve again.

Is there actually any point of wanting to obtain higher ranks of these skills if you already got the title? I'm still gonna help them and do this event, but only to just get coins and get final remaining titles.
  • Shiro42Shiro42
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    New challenge for Oasis map: Try to reach Filia before you run out of HP
    Gaby5011
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Shiro42 wrote: »
    New challenge for Oasis map: Try to reach Filia before you run out of HP

Challenge accepted
    Kensamaofmari
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    edited April 28, 2020

That's a good one, but I'm not lucky enough for that. My Serval's skill doesn't work in 50% cases, regardless of the conditions. Then again, tractors keep bullying me by hitting each time right after being hit with Windmill, because they are immune to knockbacks, so I'm just being knocked out at the 6th or even the 3rd stage. If I somehow manage to get past the 6th stage, slimes just overwhelm with numbers, and I can't really do anything with that, even with movement speed boosts.
  • IyasenuIyasenu

Is there actually any point of wanting to obtain higher ranks of these skills if you already got the title? I'm still gonna help them and do this event, but only to just get coins and get final remaining titles.

Nah, unless you want to do full clears just for the fun of it.
    There's no extra reward for full clears once you get the Cellien-Buster title, so if you're only in it for the coins you get from the daily quest, then dying ASAP is probably the best.
    I do like the concept of your progress in the event quest offering special bonuses to the RP mission, but it's just a shame there's no bonus prize for full clears other than the one-time prize of the title.
  • MisterMagicMisterMagic
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    There's no extra reward for full clears once you get the Cellien-Buster title, so if you're only in it for the coins you get from the daily quest, then dying ASAP is probably the best.
    I do like the concept of your progress in the event quest offering special bonuses to the RP mission, but it's just a shame there's no bonus prize for full clears other than the one-time prize of the title.

You don't even have to die, you can clear the first wave then immediately exit mission once the message box saying you're between waves shows up
    Iyasenu
    Question. Do you have to beat the tractors to progress to next wave?
  • GretaGreta
    Question. Do you have to beat the tractors to progress to next wave?

Yup.
    Kensamaofmari
  • GretaGreta

You don't even have to die, you can clear the first wave then immediately exit mission once the message box saying you're between waves shows up

You don't even need to clear any waves, you can just afk and wait for slimes to reduce the circle's HP to 0 and you are done lol.
    Habimaru

You don't even need to clear any waves, you can just afk and wait for slimes to reduce the circle's HP to 0 and you are done lol.

No I'm asking in terms of clearing the view entire video quest. I already know that I can just wait til 0 to clear daily. It's actually faster to beat the first 2 waves quickly and then beat beat by tractor though if you are talking about efficiently doing the daily.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Well with today you can complete the overall event quests for helping each of the friends 16 times total, and now Kyururu's Friend RP skills are rank C.
    0aa952215f.png
    5a2068edb9.png
    62c9ac7db4.png
    c741f01c06.png

I gotta say, it's pretty fun to use the Professor's Flight skill, since it's now at +300% Movement Speed for 30 Seconds you really zip about with it active.

Since there isn't a quest going beyond the 16 help counts, I'm guessing that these RP skills cap out here, at rC.
    Kensamaofmari
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    I finally passed this part this event. woo!
    IyasenuHelsa