Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Please merge Alexina and Nao Mk IV

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in Feedback and Suggestions
The last time anything was mentioned, about this, was more than 30 days ago. So, I'm creating a new thread, as per site policy, because we wouldn't want the powers that be to think that this issue has gone away now would we.

Please merge Alexina and Nao.

Helsa0151 of Alexina
vamprynNegumikoHazurah

Comments

• AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,745
    edited April 26, 2020
    I have never heard Nexon come up with a good reason to not merge. Plenty of players have many good reasons to merge, so what's the hold up, Nexon?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited April 28, 2020
    Amaraz wrote: »
    I have never heard Nexon come up with a good reason to not merge. Plenty of players have many good reasons to merge, so what's the hold up, Nexon?

I tell you I want a merge even MORE now. I've been making soooo much gold on Nao, my main on Alexina REALLY wants to sell a dead bee to my Nao character; but I digress. The main argument against stems from the duplicate name issue. Unfortunately, this means that under the same conditions, a final merge is unlikely until Nexon is compelled to act, as they were last spring. I said so, last year, that the worst possible scenario was to do a partial merge and that's exactly what we got. Had Alexina been included then we would have all gone through this name business together. This is one of those times when one hates being right.

But . . .

If they can change the primary key, for our characters, in the Mabinogi database, from name/server-of-residence to record number then this will allow for duplicate names. This conveys three benefits:
    1) you can call yourself, say, Kitsune and so can anyone else; you don't have to be Kitsune010, Kjtsune, Kitsuune, Kitsunne, Kittsune, and so on;
    2) there would then be no impediment to a full merge.
    3) this would free their hands to set-up an alternate load bearing system from the multi-channel one, to a deeper multi-tiered one.

Given, 2 and 3, there would be no impediment to a full world-wide merge, like World of Warcraft, either.
    RorichiShaesama
  • IcezeroIcezero
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    pls
  • IcefuryIcefury
    Mabinogi Rep: 755
    I support this!