Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Karma Koin Problem

DarkcloudexDarkcloudex
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in Help
Yesterday I got some Karma Koin cards to put onto my account, yet I keep getting this error: Internal Server Error. I tried putting anything in it beside the code, but it kept saying it. Been like this since yesterday and still going on today. Anyone else having this problem as well?

Comments

• CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,640
    Yesterday I got some Karma Koin cards to put onto my account, yet I keep getting this error: Internal Server Error. I tried putting anything in it beside the code, but it kept saying it. Been like this since yesterday and still going on today. Anyone else having this problem as well?

Hi Darkcloud. The 'Internal Server Error' is a text issue on our side, it's currently overriding other error messages. I know some players had issues with Karma Koin that they purchased from PayPal that turned out to be used cards, but I'm unsure if it's the same problem that you have. We'll update on our side when we can to resolve the text error issue though.
  • DarkcloudexDarkcloudex
    CMKyrios wrote: »

Hi Darkcloud. The 'Internal Server Error' is a text issue on our side, it's currently overriding other error messages. I know some players had issues with Karma Koin that they purchased from PayPal that turned out to be used cards, but I'm unsure if it's the same problem that you have. We'll update on our side when we can to resolve the text error issue though.

I have tried another one from Gamestop and it still did the same error. I even just put like say a word in there to test if it would say 'Invalid Code', yet it kept saying the same error of 'Internal Server Error'.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    In order to prevent people from just stealing the cards from off the shelf, I believe stores have to validate the cards at the point of sale. They do this with some electronic gizmo that communicates with the Karma Koin database. Sometimes stores forget to do that. And so your card isn't validated.
  • DarkcloudexDarkcloudex
    edited May 4, 2020
    Seems now that the Gamestop one work and the paypal has not. How strange.

Edit: Seems the paypal worked too so I think everything is now fixed yay
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Helsa wrote: »
    In order to prevent people from just stealing the cards from off the shelf, I believe stores have to validate the cards at the point of sale. They do this with some electronic gizmo that communicates with the Karma Koin database. Sometimes stores forget to do that. And so your card isn't validated.

I have never had a issue buying Karma Koin cards and they are always validated successfully. Fred Meyer is where I have bought mine for the past 5 or 6 years. whenever I buy any I never take any of the cards in front and usually go 3 to 5 cards back to grab one instead. not sure if it ever really helps or not but there is all sorts of ways hackers can steal stuff and make things like this annoying so I am always super paranoid and cautious when shopping.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »

I have never had a issue buying Karma Koin cards and they are always validated successfully. Fred Meyer is where I have bought mine for the past 5 or 6 years. whenever I buy any I never take any of the cards in front and usually go 3 to 5 cards back to grab one instead. not sure if it ever really helps or not but there is all sorts of ways hackers can steal stuff and make things like this annoying so I am always super paranoid and cautious when shopping.

I mention it only because it did indeed happen to me, albeit only once.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    The "electronic gizmo" you refer to is the store billing system. At most retailers, you cannot proceed with the purchase unless they scan the card to activate it. I have never had issues with Karma Koin, even at the sketchiest-looking Walgreens.

They would literally have to process the transaction manually without a sku to do otherwise, and you'd know something was weird long before they finished.