Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Book intituled "test"

VenescenceVenescence
Mabinogi Rep: 835
in General Chat
On the auction house there is a book named "test" with the description in korean (i guess ^^) :

mabinogi-book-test.png

Do you know what is it (with this name, I imagine this was an item to test how the book content was displayed, but maybe I am mislead ^^)
And someone know where to/who can translate the description ? I am a bit curious ^^

Comments

• CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,640
    edited May 11, 2020
    EnAY9Cb.png

We're looking into this now. Seems it appeared recently. The book contents are a 404 message (literally file not found). Probably not supposed to be there.
    IyasenuBlissfulkillRadiant DawnКалашниковKensamaofmari
  • VenescenceVenescence
    I hope you will agree to give more details on that latter, notably what is it and how this appear in game, it piqued my curiosity ^^
    Good luck for your investigation :)
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Venescence wrote: »
    I hope you will agree to give more details on that latter, notably what is it and how this appear in game, it piqued my curiosity ^^

They would NEVER make tests on the live commercial servers. This is obviously some little rascal having a good time.
    Venescence
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited May 11, 2020
    My Google translate skills are a bit rusty but I think is says something like, "Based on the world's strongest martial arts since ancient times. Basic Combat guide."
    CrimsọnWolfsingerRadiant DawnVenescenceIyasenu
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    JJ wrote: »
    My Google translate skills are a bit rusty but I think is says something like, "Based on the world's strongest martial arts since ancient times. Basic Combat guide."

Ah good job. So it's probably a book that became untranslated. It happens.
  • VenescenceVenescence
    Helsa wrote: »

They would NEVER make tests on the live commercial servers. This is obviously some little rascal having a good time.

I don't know well how work the building/testing of a MMO, and that an item in the code but not implemented in game can appear with a glitch or a manipulation, like some item in offline games wasn't unreasonable in my mind. But it make sense that if they have to test something, it's better to test it on private server, not on commercial one ^^

Sorry if the question seems naïve, but you have re-written the hanja of the image in text before "Google-translating" it (because I don't know if some website/software do the recognition of ideogram to transcribe it in text/translate it) ? I was too lazy to do like this so in any case thank you ^^"

• JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Sorry if the question seems naïve, but you have re-written the hanja of the image in text before "Google-translating" it (because I don't know if some website/software do the recognition of ideogram to transcribe it in text/translate it) ? I was too lazy to do like this so in any case thank you ^^"

The mobile app for Google Translate lets you do live translations through your phone's camera. Just point it at the text and it will replace the text with your language of choice on the phone's screen.
    CrimsọnVenescence
  • LunamorieLunamorie
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    edited May 12, 2020
    I seen that book a wile back its been on the ah for for mroe thin a few days .
  • VenescenceVenescence

The mobile app for Google Translate lets you do live translations through your phone's camera. Just point it at the text and it will replace the text with your language of choice on the phone's screen.

Didn't know this option. Thank you for the tip :)
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited May 14, 2020

I don't know well how work the building/testing of a MMO, and that an item in the code but not implemented in game can appear with a glitch or a manipulation, like some item in offline games wasn't unreasonable in my mind. But it make sense that if they have to test something, it's better to test it on private server, not on commercial one ^^

Honestly, Crimsy's theory sounds pretty good to me.

<being an a-hole>It's just titled not entitled</being an a-hole>
    Venescence
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    Since it's already somewhat solved, I'll just say sidenote

Correcting someone's grammar shouldn't be stigmatized. It's to not remain ignorant of the language you use (all people should be seeking knowledge for fluency).

I know you're joking but you're just giving a tip. It's only an a-hole thing to do if you're attacking grammar as last resort to win argument.
    Wolfsinger
  • VenescenceVenescence

Honestly, Crimsy's theory sounds pretty good to me.

After verification, it seems that "entitled" can also be used interchangeably with "titled" when talking about a book : https://writingexplained.org/entitled-vs-titled-difference

But, anyway, I did an error, because I use "intituled" which have no existence in english, probably because I made a mix between titled/entlited and the french "intitulé" (same meaning) ^^

Thank you for your advice :)
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited June 14, 2020

My stars! You were a month working on that. I'm sorry you felt you had to go through it.
  • VenescenceVenescence

My stars! You were a month working on that. I'm sorry you felt you had to go through it.

Not really, in fact I didn't visit the forum for a month and I saw your comment yesterday XD
    So don't need to worry :)