Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

size 10.00 Gem Prices ???

LunamorieLunamorie
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in General Chat
SO i tried to ask on nao market tab but got nothing any idea on good prices for size 10 gems..ANy thing under 10 iv just under priced other on ah but for 10s iv not seen any on ah to get a idea of there pricing and was hoping some one could help me out here to get a better idea.

Comments

• JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited May 13, 2020
    I'm not sure what you mean. On the AH right now there are 3 10cm gems for 50k and 3 for 100k.
    Click the "Advanced" button on the top-right to specify a minimum size of 10cm and then sort by price by clicking the "Price" label for the price column.
    kvd6wWV.png
  • LunamorieLunamorie
    edited May 13, 2020
    lest few days there not been any that iv seen didnt log on today yet.ill have to look around when i get on,But should size 10s be a lot more thin that iv sold some normal gems like under 4.0 for 800k i think it was a Ametrine but maby that gem is just rare.
    ty for the info tho
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited May 13, 2020
    Yes, the newer "ego-favourite" gams such as ametrine go for millions since they are much rarer and are required for completing ego point quests.
    As a reference, the ego-favourite gems are: ametrine, bloodstone, green heliodor, heliodor, jade, jet, opal, phantom quartz, pink sapphire, red heliodor, tanzanite and tourmaline.
    These are worth way more. Since they're still considered new the prices still fluctuate so you'll need to track them for yourself.

The old "regular" gems are: jasper, ruby, star platinum sapphire, aquamarine, garnet, spinel, topaz and emerald.
    These ones are common and will probably sell for 100k maximum.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    And even 100k for a regular gem at 10cm would be paying too much, when you compare to how much Ego Experience you could get by spending the same amount of gold on stuff like rolling pins and potion making kits.

I did a thread about it: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/21987/gems-junk-egos-cost-efficiency

10cm normal gems are worth the same Ego EXP as ~16k worth of junk.
    10cm diamonds are worth the same Ego Exp as ~198k worth of junk

Keep in mind these values are purely from the standpoint of using gems for Ego Food.
    You can still get by charging more since gems can also be used for things like gem upgrades.

It's definitely the new gems that are the most sought after and valuable, because they're used for the Ego quests themselves, so their value is measured in something other than their equivalency of Ego EXP.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Keep in mind that those are the prices asked by profit maximizers who don't have inventory issues and can afford to be patient. There are always folks who's immediate concern is clearing inventory, and will list at a fraction of those prices, you just have to pay attention.
  • LunamorieLunamorie
    Ty for all the input on this.been having fun gem hunting be it ancient monsters or metallurgy only down side selling is hit or miss even at the lowest price.Its not bad $$ at all made over 3mill just ranking metallurgy from rf-r2 would have been more probly but used a lot of the ore to hit r2Refining .

Also something else is there a way to turn off the odd effect on the screen im talking about them floating red green blue lights falling from the sky its very hard to see some metallurgy spots at the falls with them .I dont know what there from if it a event thing going on with them or some that was added at some poit as a perma thing but there a huge pain lol
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    Lunamorie wrote: »
    Also something else is there a way to turn off the odd effect on the screen im talking about them floating red green blue lights falling from the sky its very hard to see some metallurgy spots at the falls with them .I dont know what there from if it a event thing going on with them or some that was added at some poit as a perma thing but there a huge pain lol

It's from Kemono event: "During the event, Sandstars will fall from the sky instead of rain"

The event ends this 14th, though anyway.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Lunamorie wrote: »
    Ty for all the input on this.been having fun gem hunting be it ancient monsters or metallurgy only down side selling is hit or miss even at the lowest price.Its not bad $$ at all made over 3mill just ranking metallurgy from rf-r2 would have been more probly but used a lot of the ore to hit r2Refining .

It,s better to pan at night. The beach, one beach over to the east from Port Quilla is best because its very big. For some reason, by placing your camera at different angles, they have actually programmed in glare in this game. It's annoying and pointless and can make metalurgy spots hard to find. It important to find the correct direction to face the camera. Also moving the camera down to ground level can help in spotting patches.
    Wolfsinger
  • LunamorieLunamorie

It,s better to pan at night. The beach, one beach over to the east from Port Quilla is best because its very big. For some reason, by placing your camera at different angles, they have actually programmed in glare in this game. It's annoying and pointless and can make metalurgy spots hard to find. It important to find the correct direction to face the camera. Also moving the camera down to ground level can help in spotting patches.[/quote]

I normally do it at the beach at Cor. its huge but wanted to test the only river spot in the game some at least i think its the only river spot Erkey Falls.Mainly just for the 4 basic gems that are diff from ocean spots.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Remember a time when regular 10cm gems costed 20k and 10cm Diamond was around 100-150k?

Yeah, good times.
    Radiant DawnWolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    Greta wrote: »
    Remember a time when regular 10cm gems costed 20k and 10cm Diamond was around 100-150k?

Yeah, good times.

… and then October 2019 came along and that was that.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875

Yeah, good times.

I kinda remember selling gems at like 10k for 10cm and going down 1k each cm down the ladder. I was shocked to come back and see gems at like 3cm or whatever somehow selling alongside the 10cm for almost 30k+ XDD

On the plus side, I make more money from them I guess. But oof...
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

Yeah, good times.

The ego revamp, and the dearth of events that give actually decent sized gems as their consolation prize (rather than single common leathers, cheap fabrics, and WOW 30pt POTIONS) also helped cause this.

Gems have almost always been obtained in worthwhile sizes from events alone.
    Definitely not from content that people ran or from metallurgy and metal conversion.
    I mean, that could be fixed by buffing gem size and rate from metallurgy and conversion, but that's not planned so it's best to hold out for an event to come around that poops out gems like the old days.

Gotta miss the Manus Potion Fishing Event and all the gems you could fish up, alongside all the potions of course.