Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Cotton Candy Sheep Event! 5/14/20-6/4/20

LeineiLeinei
Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
edited May 14, 2020 in General Chat
Cotton Candy Sheep Event
Event Dates: Thursday, May 14th, After Maintenance - Thursday, June 4th, Before Maintenance
http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00JJE

Event Details
During the event, you will receive the quest, "[Guide] Big Dreams for Little Animals".
Talk to the Tiny-Animal-Loving Milletian in Dunbarton.
Register a main character with the Tiny-Animal-Loving Milletian.
You can only register one character per account.
Talk to the Tiny-Animal-Loving Milletian again to receive the Cotton Candy Sheep (Aspiring to TRUE STRENGTH!).
When you stay logged in with your main character, you will receive 1 Super Sheepy Snacks every hour.
Once completed, you will receive the following rewards:
10,000 EXP
3,000 Gold

Weekly Quest
Ewe Want to Bulk Up!
The weekly quest resets every Thursday at 7:00 AM PDT.
You must summon your Cotton Candy Sheep (Aspiring to TRUE STRENGTH!) before feeding it Super Sheepy Snacks.
Feed the Super Sheepy Snacks to the Cotton Candy Sheep 15 times.
You can acquire Super Sheepy Snacks two ways:
When you stay logged in with your main character, you will receive 1 Super Sheepy Snacks every hour.
The Giant Sheep Wolves spawn every hour to the northwest of Dunbarton. Defeating the Giant Sheep Wolves will drop Super Sheepy Snacks.
You can feed the Cotton Candy Sheep up to six times each day.
After feeding the Cotton Candy Sheep, you will receive one Baa-Baa Box.
The event items reset daily at 7:00 AM PDT. Any Super Sheepy Snacks in your possession will be removed with the daily reset.
Clear the Giant Sheep Wolf RP Mission on the weekend.
Once completed, you will earn the following rewards:
10,000 EXP
Baa-Baa Box x10
Sheep Mask Selection Box
You can choose one of the following from the Sheep Mask Selection Box:
Haughty Sheep MaskMabinogi Haughty Sheep Mask
Grumpy Sheep MaskMabinogi Grumpy Sheep Mask
Gloomy Sheep MaskMabinogi Gloomy Sheep Mask
Cranky Sheep MaskMabinogi Cranky Sheep Mask
Conductor Sheep MaskMabinogi Conductor Sheep Mask

Completion Quest

The Mighty Cotton Candy Sheep
Talk to the Tiny-Animal-Loving Milletian in Dunbarton.
Help the Cotton Candy Sheep grow over 500 cm by feeding it Super Sheepy Snacks.
The Cotton Candy Sheep grows 4 - 5 cm each time it is fed.
Once completed, you will earn the following rewards:
10,000 EXP
Baa-Baa Box x30
Cotton Candy Sheep Whistle Selection Box
You can choose one of the following from the Cotton Candy Sheep Whistle Selection Box. These pets cannot be mounted, have a 4x6 inventory size each, and can be sheared:
Petite Cotton Candy Sheep WhistleMabinogi Petite Cotton Candy Sheep Whistle
Cotton Candy Sheep WhistleMabinogi Cotton Candy Sheep Whistle
Massive Cotton Candy Sheep WhistleMabinogi Massive Cotton Candy Sheep Whistle

Baa-Baa Box Prize List
*New* Bubble BlowerMabinogi Bubble Blower
*New* Spring BouquetMabinogi Spring Bouquet
Diamond (Size: 10.0 cm)
Regular Gem Powder
Diamond (Size: 5.0 cm)
Topaz (Size: 10.0 cm)
Star Sapphire (Size: 10.0 cm)
Emerald (Size: 10.0 cm)
Aquamarine (Size: 10.0 cm)
Garnet (Size: 10.0 cm)
Jasper (Size: 10.0 cm)
Ruby (Size: 10.0 cm)
Spinel (Size: 10.0 cm)
Age Potion - Age 9 (Expires: 7 days)
Age Potion - Age 10 (Expires: 7 days)
Age Potion - Age 11 (Expires: 7 days)
Age Potion - Age 12 (Expires: 7 days)
Age Potion - Age 13 (Expires: 7 days)
Age Potion - Age 14 (Expires: 7 days)
Age Potion - Age 15 (Expires: 7 days)
Age Potion - Age 16 (Expires: 7 days)
Age Potion - Age 17 (Expires: 7 days)
Age Potion - Age 18 (Expires: 7 days)
Remote Bank Coupon
Remote Healer Coupon
Remote Blacksmith Coupon
Remote Magic Weapon Coupon
Emergency Ice Bomb
B+ Bomb
HP 100 Potion RE x5
HP 300 Potion RE x5
HP 500 Potion RE x5
MP 50 Potion RE x5
MP 100 Potion RE x5
MP 300 Potion RE x5
MP 500 Potion RE x5
Stamina 100 Potion RE x5
Stamina 300 Potion RE x5
Stamina 500 Potion RE x5
Wound Remedy 100 Potion RE x5
Wound Remedy 300 Potion RE x5
Wound Remedy 500 Potion RE x5
Speed Walk Potion 30% (5 min)
Speed Walk Potion 30% (10 min)
Speed Walk Potion 40% (5 min)
Speed Walk Potion 40% (10 min)
Name/Chat Color Change Potion (Event) (Expires: 7 days)
Special High Speed Gathering Potion (Event) (Expires: 7 days)
Special Tendering Potion (Event) (Expires: 7 days)
Special Tendering Potion S (Event) (Expires: 7 days)
Party Phoenix Feather (Event) (Expires: 7 days)
Wolfsinger

Comments

• FOXAssassinFOXAssassin
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    edited May 15, 2020
    Okay. I've been kind of repressing this anger for the last several events.

But -WHY- is the trend of previous day's event items being removed being forced on us. I do not want to dedicate a fourth of my day,every day to sitting on mabinogi.
    This is little more than a re-skin of the Maplestory mushroom event with a very old event's theme slapped on it.

If I have time and leave my game running and get a bunch that should be all I need for a large sum of them, and fighting the giant sheep wolves isn't really an option. Once every hour is still a long time and people are hoarding them as well. The only time I could see myself actually getting any snacks from them is during the moonlight hours and that even seems doubtful.

But I don't have time every day to do this. And RNG has already slapped me with constant low rolls of growth. I also don't understand why they paired an event that wants you to be on as much as physically as possible (limited time item) with one that punishes you for staying on for more than six hours.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 15, 2020
    Is it really that hard to log in at any hour of spawn to kill few wolves and feed the sheep 6 times? All of this can happen in a same minute...
  • FOXAssassinFOXAssassin
    edited May 15, 2020
    Greta wrote: »
    Is it really that hard to log in at any hour of spawn to kill few wolves and feed the sheep 6 times? All of this can happen in a same minute...

Whenever every time I've been there, there have been other people cowded around, most using FH? Yes. Or people hopping channels doing the same?

I shouldn't also have to drop everything I'm doing to log back into a game at a -chance- to get an event progressing item. I don't understand why this is being defended.

This is not how events used to be, and is not a positive change. Things are going to just keep getting more and more tedious.
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    edited May 15, 2020

But -WHY- is the trend of previous day's event items being removed being forced on us. I do not want to dedicate a fourth of my day,every day to sitting on mabinogi.

If you haven't noticed yet, Nexon's goal with events is to have as many players online as possible, for as long as possible. That's why there are so any afk events. They're basically padding their player count by encouraging everyone to stay logged in even while not playing. It makes the game appear more lively and active, and attractive to new players.

And while I'd really appreciate more engaging events, I fully understand their reasoning. I don't want servers to appear empty, and I want the game to be appealing to new players.

KakiPi
  • FOXAssassinFOXAssassin
    edited May 15, 2020
    Timefall wrote: »

If you haven't noticed yet, Nexon's goal with events is to have as many players online as possible, for as long as possible. That's why there are so any afk events. They're basically padding their player count by encouraging everyone to stay logged in even while not playing. It makes the game appear more lively and active, and attractive to new players.

I mean, yes. I do know that. I was going to add that to my original post, but I felt it was a long enough rant anyway.

But there were AFK events for quite awhile back, but none of them have been nearly as egregious in terms of event procedings.I never minded the AFK events, because they weren't so exclusive and limited.
    I already made the comparison to this and the Mushmom event. That was actually tolerable.

I'm just so frustrated. I love this game. And to see month after month the game turning more and more unforgiving and unfriendly to players is extremly disheartening.
  • CoruscationCoruscation
    Mabinogi Rep: 270
    Is it just me or is this event pretty unforgiving with the amount of times you can actually feed the sheep per day? like it lasts about 20 days, and even if you get max rolls on every single feeding, that's still 100 feedings, which at 6/day means you gotta play at least 17 days of the event, and if you roll poorly there's no room for error.
    FOXAssassinKalulahSherri
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    I wonder if there's anyone who would choose a normal-sized sheep when presented with both tiny and giant options.

I also wonder what kind of abilities the sheep have, and whether all sizes have the same stats/abilities.
    FOXAssassin
  • KalulahKalulah
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    I am also getting rather tired of the way they're handling events. I get it, they want people to be online. But the way the events have been going the past several months have just been steadily driving me away from the game. I used to actually play Mabi. Now I just want to do anything I can to get away from this game, barring fully quitting.

And it's events like this and the Timed Item event that kill my desire to play the game. Why can we only feed the sheep 6 times a day? Why does it take a full hour to get one snack? Why is the only way to bypass waiting the extremely limited sheep wolf spawn, which only spawns once per hour, and only in Dunbarton? With the Timed Item Event, why on Earth do we have to press a button every hour? With no sound effect to even let us know it's done? I'd be willing, if still frustrated, to at least leave the game running while I sleep, but I can't just do that because I have to press the button every hour. And this isn't even getting into the other issues I've had with the game lately, but I'd rather not go on a full-scale rant.
    Timefall wrote: »
    I wonder if there's anyone who would choose a normal-sized sheep when presented with both tiny and giant options.

I also wonder what kind of abilities the sheep have, and whether all sizes have the same stats/abilities.

I would also like to know what the stats are, and I would hope they're all the same. But I wouldn't put it past them to make the petite sheep be essentially like another mini thunderbird with a 2x2 inventory. I hope it isn't, but I wouldn't be surprised with this game anymore.
    FOXAssassinКалашников
  • CoruscationCoruscation
    Mabinogi Rep: 270
    It's kinda funny that these events are supposed to keep people online which in theory retains new players, given that with my experience trying to get my friends to play regularly, the constant event grind really turned them off the game. When I manage to get them to play again I've basically promised that we are doing the story only, and that events are entirely optional.
    FOXAssassinKalulahShiro42Sherri
  • Shiro42Shiro42
    Mabinogi Rep: 760

Whenever every time I've been there, there have been other people cowded around, most using FH? Yes. Or people hopping channels doing the same?

I shouldn't also have to drop everything I'm doing to log back into a game at a -chance- to get an event progressing item. I don't understand why this is being defended.

This is not how events used to be, and is not a positive change. Things are going to just keep getting more and more tedious.

Hopefully they'll all figure out they only need to kill one wolf at some point
    KingEphy
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 16, 2020
    Dont like it - don't do it.

I'm still surprised people actually complain over something that takes just a moment or few minutes. I would have understood the complaints over Kemono Friends event, but not on this one. You literally had to wait for Fleta to spawn and do other mediocre tasks which took to do for 10-20 minutes (if you speed run it) every day. Why no one complained over that?
    KakiPi
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875

I'm still surprised people actually complain over something that takes just a moment or few minutes. I would have understood the complaints over Kemono Friends event, but not on this one. You literally had to wait for Fleta to spawn and do other mediocre tasks which took to do for 10-20 minutes (if you speed run it) every day. Why no one complained over that?

Maybe cause we're used to Fleta being a little wandering brat? XD Idk, I just roll with what goes.
    Finding a relatively unmanned channel helps if one is concerned about others stealing the kill. Light knows Alexina has a few to choose from, at different times of day :P
  • FOXAssassinFOXAssassin
    Shiro42 wrote: »

Hopefully they'll all figure out they only need to kill one wolf at some point

It's RNG of how many snacks you get from the drop. Just tried, got two drops from two wolves for four snacks
  • FOXAssassinFOXAssassin
    edited May 16, 2020

First off that is a terrible mentality. Why should we just have to abandon the game because the events are becoming more and more absurd? They're supposed to be retaining players, not driving them off.

Second. You completely missed my statement. Why should I, or anyone else have to drop -everything- to log onto this game at a specific time for a chance to get event progression items?

I'll double down on that this time. Tried twice today, again, and both times someone did an AoE move and got nearly all of the finishes for themselves, and on several channels.
  • KalulahKalulah
    Mabinogi Rep: 705

"Don't do it." So I'm supposed to... what? Miss out on event rewards just because I don't like the event itself? That's no excuse for bad events. I'm not even asking for the event to be enjoyable--the last time I've actually enjoyed one was probably back in 2015-16. I just want the events to feel fair. The sheep event is objectively not fair. This isn't a matter of just missing out because people don't participate. This is a matter of event progression being tied directly to RNG, meaning that if you consistently roll low on the sheep snacks, you. Will. Not. Complete. The. Event. On top of expecting people to be on for 6 hours. Not a few minutes. 6. Whole. Hours. How is that fair to people who can't be on that long every single day of an event? Oh, and let's not forget that this isn't the only game that likes to do things like this. So I guess people are just screwed if they happen to play multiple games that want you to be on for several hours a day, right? Who needs to go to work or school or whatever other responsibilities people have in life, right?

Kemono Friends wasn't fun either. But you weren't guaranteed to get Fleta's quest. And even if you did, it takes less than half an hour to deal with her. Unlike the sheep event, which, let me repeat myself: takes 6 whole hours to do every day. It's just as bad as the Phoenix Egg event. The giant sheep wolves don't make up for this event at all. Not when the wolves are dead before I can even hit a single one. Not when they literally only spawn once every hour, and only in Dunbarton. Why can't they spawn every half hour? Or in all of Uladh's towns and not just Dunbarton, like other events? Then it wouldn't be as bad. I'd even take the Max Rabbits over this because people couldn't hog the spawns when the spawns can't die, and that's coming from someone who didn't even like how the rabbits were handled either.

Let's not forget that there's some people out there who kill event enemies even when they don't need to, and don't care if they just leave event items on the ground despite other people needing them. It happened with the slimes in the last event every so often, and the pillow fight events, and it still happens with this event. I don't know what Alexina's like, but I saw this happen on Mari, and I continue to see it happen on Nao. So, no. Most people do not have the option of just finishing the event in "a few minutes" whenever most of the wolves are gone to Chain Sweep, Meteor, FH, or whatever other skill people decide to use to mass kill event enemies.

Congratulations, you got me to rant about an awful event.
    FOXAssassin
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 16, 2020
    I think it sucks for Nao people then. Because i haven't seen any issues killing few wolves to get done with this event in Alexina. This event is easier than Kemono Friends or even Harmon's Flower Tree one.
    I also didn't say that not doing the event means dropping this game altogether. I hate newest generation. Guess what? I'm ignoring it, but i'm still playing this game in my own way. I do what i like. So i suggest to be like me. Hate the event? Ignore it. I ignored the "Is This Your Legendary Weapon?" event because that one also asked you to stay on specific times and just continue standing there empty handed for hours. Where were you when this event happened? Why i didn't see your complains then? This event in my opinion is worst of all events we ever had because some people won and other 99% are left to watch and sigh.
    KakiPi
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    edited May 16, 2020
    It used to be that Nexon made GOOD events that people liked and made people WANT to play the game... But then again, this is back when Nexon and Devcat knew what game design was, and before they apparently forgot everything that made Mabi great. I get it, they want players online as long as possible, but it's just a cheap tactic that isn't going to keep people around for long. These days, it's either AFK events or events that really give you no reason to even do it for items that just mean nothing. I don't even play most of these events because I see no point. The only thing I do some of the AFK events for is for the possibility of gift boxes with gems (like the fishing event) so I can mass feed them to my spirit weapons. That's pretty much it at this point. Overall, this game has really lost a lot of the clever design that made it good, and Nexon and Devcat aren't even trying to figure out what they're doing wrong, they just keep slapping bandaids on a gashing wound and trying to give us lolipops hoping they can stop the bleeding before the game dies entirely (which it slowly is). And it isn't working. You'd think Nexon would get the point by now, but they refuse to.

Overall, that's why I don't play the game much anymore. I log in to train and do some dailies here and there, but I've given up on the game once again.
    FOXAssassinKalulah
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    anyone else think these two are related? cause every time I see the Haughty Sheep mask it reminds me of Merry the Butler from One Piece:
    ddxclv7-870f3d44-46a3-4d44-ae1b-7720fdad62fb.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZHhjbHY3LTg3MGYzZDQ0LTQ2YTMtNGQ0NC1hZTFiLTc3MjBmZGFkNjJmYi5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.HRYFvk5fWlc4L5fgI8fiiiKeEpGBD68sFbZrjXIY3BA
    340?cb=20181110204324
    Arjune
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 16, 2020
    Negumiko wrote: »
    anyone else think these two are related? cause every time I see the Haughty Sheep mask it reminds me of Merry the Butler from One Piece:
    ddxclv7-870f3d44-46a3-4d44-ae1b-7720fdad62fb.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZHhjbHY3LTg3MGYzZDQ0LTQ2YTMtNGQ0NC1hZTFiLTc3MjBmZGFkNjJmYi5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.HRYFvk5fWlc4L5fgI8fiiiKeEpGBD68sFbZrjXIY3BA
    340?cb=20181110204324

No, but i keep reading haughty as naughty. xD
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    No, but i keep reading haughty as naughty. xD

ddxcsma-7cca06ee-4137-438e-bd98-4fa1a44a4baf.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZHhjc21hLTdjY2EwNmVlLTQxMzctNDM4ZS1iZDk4LTRmYTFhNDRhNGJhZi5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.L6zxeGDabh5SGmq0lpxeVV1djIFTyK6EogxWSOdu2oY

IyasenuFOXAssassin