Check out the patch notes for the July 16th update, P.E.T. Part 1: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23332/
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Saga Iria help

MeratomaMeratoma
Mabinogi Rep: 400
Posts: 12
Member
edited May 14 in Nao Chat
I am fairly new to the game (started in late April), and I have been trying to do the iria quest. I am stuck on episode 0 find shamala.

It seems like I can't do any damage at all to the ascended Python, and it one hits KO me. shamala as the black panther was supposed to assist me, but she Just stands there and does nothing.

I tried it more than 10 times and still can't get more than 10% of its HP bar down, does anyone have any tips q.q

I thought ep 0 was introductory and not supported to be this hard

Thanks!!

Comments

  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Posts: 102
    Member
    I don't have any tips for clearing Episode 0, but I have some other information.

    The difficulty of each episode varies wildly. Some are short and easy, some are long and annoying, some are just difficult.
    In fact, Episode 1 is the longest, and Episode 10 is the shortest and one of the easiest. Episode 7 is the second shortest, taking only about 5 minutes (+cutscenes), and does not require the player to fight anything, making it easy enough to complete even with a brand new character. So, you don't have to worry about things getting progressively more difficult.

    Now, if you want to move forward, there's no downside to skipping Episode 0. It isn't required to receive the "Watch Entire Saga" reward box, and doesn't contribute much at all to the story. I think you'd be fine starting with Episode 1.
  • MeratomaMeratoma
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Posts: 12
    Member
    Timefall wrote: »
    I don't have any tips for clearing Episode 0, but I have some other information.

    The difficulty of each episode varies wildly. Some are short and easy, some are long and annoying, some are just difficult.
    In fact, Episode 1 is the longest, and Episode 10 is the shortest and one of the easiest. Episode 7 is the second shortest, taking only about 5 minutes (+cutscenes), and does not require the player to fight anything, making it easy enough to complete even with a brand new character. So, you don't have to worry about things getting progressively more difficult.

    Now, if you want to move forward, there's no downside to skipping Episode 0. It isn't required to receive the "Watch Entire Saga" reward box, and doesn't contribute much at all to the story. I think you'd be fine starting with Episode 1.

    Thank you so much!! Do you know how to skip the episode?
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,880
    Posts: 523
    Member
    Be sure to check out the wiki page for tips. For the Python, repeated use of Windmill is recommended to pin it down if you can't get around anything else.

    I think It's fair to note that Episode 0 was originally classified as THE Generation 17, which meant if you had gotten through Generation 16 just fine, it was assumed that you should probably be able to handle 17. If you're fairly new and your character is not very developed, you may have a bit of difficulty handling this, however it's not impossible. I survived it years ago when I was still a little new and completed it using archery and hit and run tactics. I wouldn't recommend that. :D
    I guess that brings me to the question of where you are currently in the game. Have you worked to build up your character?

    Lastly, in terms of story, Ep 0 introduces you to some of the cast, themes, and general setting present in the episodes following, so in that sense, it does contribute. The manner in which it was handled was inconsistent in certain aspects, though, but that's another topic.
  • MeratomaMeratoma
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Posts: 12
    Member
    Fluorette wrote: »
    Be sure to check out the wiki page for tips. For the Python, repeated use of Windmill is recommended to pin it down if you can't get around anything else.

    I think It's fair to note that Episode 0 was originally classified as THE Generation 17, which meant if you had gotten through Generation 16 just fine, it was assumed that you should probably be able to handle 17. If you're fairly new and your character is not very developed, you may have a bit of difficulty handling this, however it's not impossible. I survived it years ago when I was still a little new and completed it using archery and hit and run tactics. I wouldn't recommend that. :D
    I guess that brings me to the question of where you are currently in the game. Have you worked to build up your character?

    Lastly, in terms of story, Ep 0 introduces you to some of the cast, themes, and general setting present in the episodes following, so in that sense, it does contribute. The manner in which it was handled was inconsistent in certain aspects, though, but that's another topic.

    My highest rank is still expert chain slash, and somehow windmill barely does any damage to it q.q
    I just really want the Pegasus that's why I jumped in first
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Posts: 102
    Member
    edited May 15
    You can watch the episodes in any order. To change from one episode to another, select the book-looking icon from the right end of the button bar. Select Saga, Saga I, and then Watch. It'll open a list of all episodes. To quit your current episode, select it from the list and choose 'Stop Watching'. You will lose your progress in that episode, but you'll be able to select another to begin. If you'd like to skip Episode 0, stop watching it, then select Episode 1 (or any other episode), and hit Play.

    Ah, just a note: Your total level determines the difficulty of missions. The categories are: Under 100, 100-300, 300-1000, and Over 1000. If you level up to 1000 to quickly, the Saga Missions can become very difficult for you, until your skill ranks catch up with your level.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,595
    Posts: 590
    Member
    edited May 15
    Amongst the easiest way to defeat tough monsters early on is to use a +4 Chain-Casting Fire-Wand. The advantage of this is that each hit will knock it back, allowing you a bit of time to charge your next Fire-Bolt, the main thing to keep an eye on being your mana-bar (mana-potions are plenty but just don't over-do it to the point of potion-poisoning). Wands also have one of the easiest and quickest methods of gaining proficiency (for melee-weapons it would be using a Tendering Potion & auto-attacking the Barrier-Spikes after being dropped into the Tailteann Shadow-Mission known as Provocation).

    Getting a good pet with a decent A.I. might also work to deal with that giant python. Although it has been a while since I've last done that mission, I do remember it being a bit of a struggle, even for all of my «game-master» accomplishments, and I can most-certainly load up one of my newer characters in order to video-record that particular mission in order to make a tutorial out of how it can be most-easily completed, but I will need a few days before I can get one produced (probably). Meanwhile... depending on what other pet(s) you may already have... feel free to use one of the A.I. linked in the following spoiler.
    Shameless Advertisement : Don't have a Pet A.I. beyond the default options yet ? Get yours now ! FREE!!!
    Just go to This Thread About Pet A.I.s and follow its instructions in order to obtain A.I. that may be right for your pet !
    Edit/Addendum : Forgot to mention that Wand-Proffing is typically done by casting Heal on yourself or a pet or someone else whilst at an Iria Mana-Tunnel. This allows you to upgrade the Wand all the way to being Full-Upgraded before even entering combat.
    Meratoma wrote: »
    Fluorette wrote: »
    Be sure to check out the wiki page for tips. For the Python, repeated use of Windmill is recommended to pin it down if you can't get around anything else.

    I think It's fair to note that Episode 0 was originally classified as THE Generation 17, which meant if you had gotten through Generation 16 just fine, it was assumed that you should probably be able to handle 17. If you're fairly new and your character is not very developed, you may have a bit of difficulty handling this, however it's not impossible. I survived it years ago when I was still a little new and completed it using archery and hit and run tactics. I wouldn't recommend that. :D
    I guess that brings me to the question of where you are currently in the game. Have you worked to build up your character?

    Lastly, in terms of story, Ep 0 introduces you to some of the cast, themes, and general setting present in the episodes following, so in that sense, it does contribute. The manner in which it was handled was inconsistent in certain aspects, though, but that's another topic.
    My highest rank is still expert chain slash, and somehow windmill barely does any damage to it q.q
    I just really want the Pegasus that's why I jumped in first
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,880
    Posts: 523
    Member
    edited May 15
    I don't think you need to complete Ep 0 in order to obtain the pegasus, so feel free to skip ahead.
    It sounds like you might have trouble dealing with some of the enemies present in certain instances that require combat, however, therefore you'll wanna develop tactics that'll help you survive and/or take up more skill sets than just Chain Slash.

    EDIT: Oops, I forgot to link to this page on solo battle tactics if that also helps.