Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Destroying my R6 Wing-Bow by Accident...

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    So, I did some rough calculations as to how big, I think, the Mabinogi database might be. My thinking is that if it's not too big, then they could save a copy of it at each maintenance. And if they can do that then you might get your ego back, sans any feeding from the time stamp to the incident.

I heard from a very naughty user that Alexina has something like 3M entities in it, Nao has around 8M, and the Nexon NA test server (yes, that's a hidden partition in the database) . . . well, who cares about that as it is likely negligible. So that would be around 11M entities; let's call it 15M. If you were to spread all items evenly across all entities, you'd probably need somewhere between 1 to 2 K for storage; let's call it 10K. So, 15M x 10K is 150G; call it 1T. So that is a number made from overestimating the product over two overestimations that were arrived at overestimatedly.

1T is not much for a big company like Nexon. That's 52T+ per year after 12 years that's 700ishT. But that's only if they keep it all. If, say, they only go back a year, then that's 12 portable hard-drives. So, there's a chance.