Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Snap Cast Training Requirement R9

SamuelalexSamuelalex
Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
edited February 20, 2017 in Help
So I am a little confused by the training requirements for Snap Cast rank 9. It says to use the skill twice in a 2 minute time frame, however the cool down for the skill is 2 minutes and 30 seconds meaning this requirement is impossible to complete.

be7rzs.jpg

I am posting this here because I think the requirement maybe an error. It is more logical for it to say something like "use skill twice in a 3 minute period" which would be possible with a cool down of 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

If the requirement is correctly written: Is there a way to reset the cool down faster? Would I need some kind of reforge to complete this requirement?

IGN; Samuelalex
Server: Mari
Ataraxiz

Comments

• KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    edited February 20, 2017
    The Snap Cast cooldown is reduced with every spell cast, so in order to fulfill that requirement, you would need to be casting and using spells on enemies to reduce the cooldown.

From the Wiki:

Casting and firing any offensive magic will reduce its cooldown by 2 seconds. This is based on usage rather than the number of targets hit.
    For example, firing 5 Icebolts will reduce Snap Cast's current cooldown by 10 seconds (2 for each hit). Fireball, on the other hand, will only reduce the cooldown by 2 seconds, regardless of the number of targets hit.
    Ataraxiz
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    Korore hit the nail on the head. You should also note that healing doesn't count for snap cast so the fastest way to train it is to use a disposable ice wand with chain casting (if you happen to have the beginner ice wand that can be repaired for one gold that'd be best).
    Ataraxiz
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited February 21, 2017
    Get a cheap ice wand and upgrade for chain casting +4
    Go hit barrier with ice bolt till snap casting CD is gone. Then over and over and over... :3
    Ataraxiz
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    I think i have an upgraded ice wand in one of my pets but if not I can work on making one to ease training this up. Thank you for the tips and assistance. I really love using magic and hope to get all of my mage skills rank 1 someday :)