Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Iced Out

enthusiasticMoronenthusiasticMoron
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in Help
I can't do ANYTHING about the bears with my terrible connection because it takes a full second for me to start attacking something. Am I going to have to buy some B+ bombs to finish this quest? I've tried using windmill, pets, puppets, guns; I don't have any alchemy skills either.

Comments

• MairuMairu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    edited July 28, 2020
    Yeah, been there myself, fighting stuff while lagging in this game is pretty painful. What quest are you doing?

Assuming you're newish to the game (apologies if I'm mistaken!!)...

-One thing you can do is test things out with the 'reserve attack' game option in the settings menu. What this does is store the moves you've activated, so that they execute once your client connects; a little bit like a queue. If you get good enough at the combat, this can also aid in reacting to what enemies are probably going to do next.

-Another strategy is to sort of 'force' the AI by being the first to attack - again, relies on some big knowledge of different enemies.

-Ranking up certain non-combat skills, like blacksmithing, can also give you some boosts to your stats, which can do a *ton* to help with surviving an encounter depending on which ones.

-And of course if you're able, you can always have someone give healing and general support, aggro-interrupting with the 'throw stone' action, so on; that'd probably give you some more chance to land a few decent hits between the lag spikes.