Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Bard Bulletin Board

PhormPhorm
Mabinogi Rep: 650
edited December 23, 2016 in General Chat
Already made a post in both Feedback and Bugs, but I wanted to share here too. TLDR; The bard board search may not work unless you scroll all the way to the beginning first. The beginning being the very first scores uploaded. Some may call it the end. So don't worry if you can't find any of your songs, they're probably still there. Don't re-upload them unless you're sure they're gone, because I'm a silly butt and re-uploaded a bunch of songs in a panic.
Narutofire18

Quoting Narutofire18 -

"Further detail. You don't have to scroll /all/ the way back to the beginning, depending on where the song is. The search function will only search the first 10 pages of the default Bard Bulletin Board. If a song is on the 11th or further page, the search function will not display it.

However, if you scroll to the 11-20th set of pages, and then scroll back to the 1-10th set, the search function will now search only the first 20 pages of the default Bard Bulletin Board.

Scrolling all the way to the very highest page will, of course, mean that the search function will be completely fixed.

If you close and reopen the Bard Bulletin Board, though, the issue will reappear (ie if you fix it, and then close/reopen, you'll have to do the scrolling all over again)."
Also be aware that the name of the scroll you transcribe may be different than the title you see on the board. I made the mistake of naming a bunch of my scrolls something like sadasf and giving the board the real title, so I can only imagine how confusing it might be if someone's looking for a certain song in their inventory and only finds a bunch of afasfa's.

Also remember to give this info to as many friends as you can, and maybe comment on this so people stay more aware.
SaiAbyssDrognakSherriTelmesDaktaroImaizumi

Comments

• SollSoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    Also the search itself is Case-sensitive (really?), and ive also tried to search by composer (myself), and not all the mmls i had submitted showed up on the results either, despite having the correct name. That or it only showed up one page of results, when i should've had at least two. (or that was just the page search bug previously mentionned, idk.)

• asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Wish they would allow at least organization alphabetically and by composer much like the housing board search. As for case sensitive.....yeah they need to fix that for ....everything.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    so ive only submitted 1 score why can i not search for my self no results

• ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    I talked with someone who's been submitting stuff regularly since the system came out and only their oldest piece is on the board. I'm guessing it takes a while for the board to update with your piece. Searching is generally wonky in this game as we know from the housing board, but if you don't find a composer or song on the board when you search for it, it may literally not be on the board anywhere due to upload delay.
  • PhormPhorm
    Soll
    Soll said:

Also the search itself is Case-sensitive (really?), and ive also tried to search by composer (myself), and not all the mmls i had submitted showed up on the results either, despite having the correct name. That or it only showed up one page of results, when i should've had at least two. (or that was just the page search bug previously mentionned, idk.)

Yeah, that's just the search bug. Just remember to hit the >> button until you get to the end before searching. You'll have to do it again if you hit the refresh button, exit out, or even if you just take too long listening to some songs.
    Imaizumi
    Imaizumi said:

I talked with someone who's been submitting stuff regularly since the system came out and only their oldest piece is on the board. I'm guessing it takes a while for the board to update with your piece. Searching is generally wonky in this game as we know from the housing board, but if you don't find a composer or song on the board when you search for it, it may literally not be on the board anywhere due to upload delay.
    Zero upload delay, it's just that the search is case-sensetive. Which means if the song name has a capital letter at the beginning and you search it without the capital letter, you may not find it. Or, an easier example, you're looking for the No Game No Life opening, but you type it as no game no life, you may not find it. Heck, I think I remember someone saying that the multi-word search function wasn't always working either.
    Splatulated

so ive only submitted 1 score why can i not search for my self no results

That's the problem mentioned in the first post, just scroll to the very beginning of all the songs with the >> button before searching.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    So you're saying the beginning of the board is on the right not the left of the page count? So if there's 15 pages I should search from page 15? Also I know about upper and lower case accidents with searching. I double checked those long before posting.
  • PhormPhorm
    Imaizumi
    Imaizumi said:

So you're saying the beginning of the board is on the right not the left of the page count? So if there's 15 pages I should search from page 15? Also I know about upper and lower case accidents with searching. I double checked those long before posting.
    Basically here on Alexina when you open the board it'll say 100/1340 or something, and you've gotta click >> until you get to 1340/1340 before you search. At least if you want the full range of searching. If you only go a few pages, like 500/1340 then you only get results from those first 50 pages. [Just elaborating for others.]
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Soll
    Soll said:

Or for whatever reason it was removed like I put one up 1st day looked today it was gone.
  • PhormPhorm
    @Lidiya Nope, your scroll is still there unless you deleted it yourself. Read through the thread to find out how you can find your song again.
  • lidiyalidiya
    edited December 21, 2016
    Phorm
    Phorm said:

@Lidiya Nope, your scroll is still there unless you deleted it yourself. Read through the thread to find out how you can find your song again.
    Well I put up another, and searched for my name, and found the new one. I also went through every single piano song(it was for piano), and it wasn't there. So no it isn't there at all. I also didn't delete it as after putting it up, and making sure it showed I didn't go back till today.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Is there a way to find out the number of times your music scores has been transcribed?
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Never realized how glitchy and confusing the bard board was until I looked at the forums LOL
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Phorm
  • PhormPhorm
    @Lidiya If it's actually gone, maybe you're the first case of removal due to copyright. If you're on the Alexina server, lemme know your IGN so I can double check.
    ShouK
    ShouK said:

Is there a way to find out the number of times your music scores has been transcribed?
    I do not believe there is. And as far as I've seen, it doesn't count towards your Nele renown if you're not logged in when they transcribe it.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Phorm
    Phorm said:

@Lidiya If it's actually gone, maybe you're the first case of removal due to copyright. If you're on the Alexina server, lemme know your IGN so I can double check.
    ShouK
    ShouK said:

I do not believe there is. And as far as I've seen, it doesn't count towards your Nele renown if you're not logged in when they transcribe it.

Mari, but I truthfully doubt it was copyright as it was a anime intro from an almost 16 year old anime that was never even remotely popular unlike the blatant copyrighted work on the 1st page of likes. I'm guessing it was a glitch
  • PhormPhorm
    @Lidiya
    Not sure what I can do if you're in Mari. I could maybe use a spare card to make a temp character there or something. I'm just convinced that the board isn't actually that broken, and you're somehow missing something. A glitch isn't out of the question, but I can't comprehend it actually happening.