Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Lore War Thread (Heated Debate Ahead Warning)

Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
edited March 28, 2017 in General Chat
*This forum is a comment separation for Most Desired Revamp Poll as well as a place for Vmods to move off topic lore related comments into if they so wish to do so.

Okay, so before posting in the Statistical Debate Forum Regarding Race Imbalance, please place all lore related arguments here first. Thank you for not clogging up yet another comment separation.
kagamisigh.gif
Please try to keep this forum thread as civil as possible.

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Why are there no Elf bandits?
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240

Elves are too magical and beautiful and righteous to be bandits.

That's a polite way of saying elf waifus aren't fit for the rough life of a bandit.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited March 2, 2017

Bit off topic, but it's probably because having both Goblin Archers and Elf Archers would be a bit overwhelming for new players. Staying with the standard Imp Mage, Giant Fighter, Human Swordsman, and Goblin Archer is probably a good thing for the current levels of commerce. Once KR releases a test on new commerce content, you may or may not see new spawns, it's entirely up to how the KR community likes commerce and asks their devs.

*Edit*
    Back in my day, humans feared Elf Guards.
    Those one shots... still shock me to this day.
    giphy.gif
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

Bit off topic, but it's probably because having both Goblin Archers and Elf Archers would be a bit overwhelming for new players. Staying with the standard Imp Mage, Giant Fighter, Human Swordsman, and Goblin Archer is probably a good thing for the current levels of commerce. Once KR releases a test on new commerce content, you may or may not see new spawns, it's entirely up to how the KR community likes commerce and asks their devs.

I assumed lore included stuff like this rather than generations. I am sorry. :(
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99

I assumed lore included stuff like this rather than generations. I am sorry. :(

Nah, it's okay. Just never bring up the idea of having Elf Guard level bandits to the KR community for the next commerce update...
    9df3d851c6c9dec6a5fd1fc4d4863943.jpg
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Nah, it's okay. Just never bring up the idea of having Elf Guard level bandits to the KR community for the next commerce update...
    9df3d851c6c9dec6a5fd1fc4d4863943.jpg

What? You don't think we're broken enough to handle them now? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited March 2, 2017
    What? You don't think we're broken enough to handle them now? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It wasn't just the oneshots... that AI was good...almost too good at camping. Imagine going in solo to multiple dragon DPS (Your bar is black at this point if you're not dead) with your own savior is a respawn. Although I don't remember how I made it out alive, aside from hiding somewhere.
    dead.gif
    *Edit*
    I forgot to say that Elf guards are literally immortal, and running into them was like running into my own rain of Magnum Shot death.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Okay, now back to whatever else you EvG lore enthusiasts want to say. I'll just uh... leave you guys to it.

tumblr_mqgmk49vav1rm0quno1_400.gif
  • djnikodjniko
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    I disliked the last few ira saga quests. It was all a bad fanfiction type of thing to me, I was interested in this game for its original lore which was the welsh/irish mythology stuff. I mean yeah it wasnt strictly revolved around it but it was still pretty nice. The shakespeare stuff was pretty nice as well as its own thing but then they mixed it up with fanfiction and the early generation stuff (welsh). I wasnt able to enjoy it as much as g1-3, 7-8, and the first two shakespeare quests. 9-12 Was a mix of alchemy and welsh but it ended up blending alright (which is sorta contridicting anyways seeing how this is all different from welsh mythology anyways).