Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How do I change video cards?

EBreezyEBreezy
Mabinogi Rep: 1,000
in Technical Support
I just got a gaming laptop. I'm not very tech savvy so I thought I could just download and play. But, apparently this laptop as two graphic cards: an integrated intel and a GeForce. The game only seems to recognize the integrated one. When I go into the graphics menu, I don't see the other in the drop down.

My speccy just in case its needed:
Summary
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700HQ @ 2.60GHz 51 °C
Skylake 14nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1063MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MS-16J5 (U3E1) 54 °C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 530 (MSI)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M (MSI) 53 °C
ForceWare version: 376.54
SLI Disabled
Storage
931GB Hitachi HGST HTS721010A9E630 (SATA) 41 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUD0N
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Comments

• KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    edited March 3, 2017
    You may have to install your Nvidia graphics drivers first before the game will recognize it. I had to do this once I got my new computer as well.

Try going to Nvidia's website or grabbing GeForce Experience, and install your drivers that way.

Once installed, you should be able to see your graphics card in the Options menu in-game.
    EBreezy
  • EBreezyEBreezy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,000
    edited March 3, 2017
    Korore wrote: »
    You may have to install your Nvidia graphics drivers first before the game will recognize it. I had to do this once I got my new computer as well.

Try going to Nvidia's website or grabbing GeForce Experience, and install your drivers that way.

Once installed, you should be able to see your graphics card in the Options menu in-game.

Thanks for the reply, I just updated my drivers but I still cannot see that graphics card. I wonder if I can safely disable that Intel graphics. I'm off to google around. :)

edit: I learned about the Nvidia Control panel where I can set a preference and it got it working. :D