Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Focus fist glitch

booooobaaaabooooobaaaa
Mabinogi Rep: 810
edited March 6, 2017 in Bugs and Glitches
This glitch has been in the game for god knows how long. It particularly happens in PVP. If you spam focus fist, you can get stuck on not using skills and you can only fix it by using focus fist again. Sounds simple right? Not when you're getting stun locked all over the place and that causes you to lose the PVP. It usually happens when you try to use focus fist when someone tries to assault slash you.

Edit:
You also can't move anywhere by clicking with your mouse, you can only move by using WASD.
Server: Tarlach
IGN: hawtiguana
https://youtube.com/watch?v=o4PJykMhgX4&feature=youtu.be
Deadglare

Comments

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    I think this was on a known issues list in the past, but everything was lost from the old forum after we got these new forums.

In order for this to be a valid report, please include your ign and server along with providing some visual evidence of the issue.
  • booooobaaaabooooobaaaa
    Oops sorry, this is my first time on the forums
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    edited March 8, 2017
    Shoog wrote: »
    I think this was on a known issues list in the past, but everything was lost from the old forum after we got these new forums.
    i kept a screenshot of the list c: but it's too big to upload to imgur and still be readable so idk how to share it for staff.
    focused fist glitch isn't on there, the closest thing was "Character displacement can affect the player's ability to continue a Fighter skill chain." but that isn't the same issue. it was probably submitted as a bug just not updated on the list.

+1 for this topic, it happens to me all the time as well. and outside of pvp. really hope it can finally be fixed x_x
    ign Daktaro server Alexina.

• booooobaaaabooooobaaaa
    Daktaro wrote: »
    i kept a screenshot of the list c: but it's too big to upload to imgur and still be readable so idk how to share it for staff.
    focused fist glitch isn't on there, the closest thing was "Character displacement can affect the player's ability to continue a Fighter skill chain." but that isn't the same issue. it was probably submitted as a bug just not updated on the list.

+1 for this topic, it happens to me all the time as well. and outside of pvp. really hope it can finally be fixed x_x
    ign Daktaro server Alexina.

You can use snipping tool and upload small pieces of the giant list on Imgur, not sure if it works like that.
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    edited May 25, 2017

In order for this to be a valid report, please include your ign and server along with providing some visual evidence of the issue.

Oh, it was most certainly without a doubt on the list of known issues in the past. It had been for years ever since the Fighter skills first came out. Yet despite that it never did see a fix. It's an extremely well known glitch to anyone who has ever used the Focused Fist skill a lot.

Heck it's even been listed in the Skill Issues section for the skill on the Mabinogi wiki for years too:

http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Focused_Fist#Skill_Issues

"Focused Fist may randomly cause the player's skills to lock-up. Load Focused Fist again to break free."
  • BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
    If it was on a list of known issues in the past, why are you asking for evidence? Furthermore, this glitch is ancient, and like someone else said, everyone who has ever used fighter knows about it. Are you seriously trying to say that you guys pay so little attention that you are doubting that this glitch exists? Iv mentioned this before trying to report a glitch with one of the events where random objects would lose their interaction trigger and become unclickable resulting in having to restart the mission, how are you supposed to screenshot something NOT happening, there are no visual indicators that this skill lock is happening. In addition, it happens at random, so its not like someone can just go do the glitch at will to record video of it with a screen capture program. In order to reasonably get visual evidence that this happens, a person would have to have it occur mid combat, then manage to somehow start up and activate their screen recorder program while the glitch is happening before it gets them killed with enough time to spare to be able to show, somehow, what is going on. In cases like this you guys need to start taking peoples word for it. I understand not taking action based on one persons word, but when its something as widely known and widely confirmed as this the need for visual evidence MUST be reconsidered or this glitch will never even be addressed, let alone fixed. This much has been made clear already by your complete lack of action on this matter in spite of it being a long standing issue. Its things like this glitch that make me not want to play the game and make me feel like the devs don't care. If you want confirmation this glitch exists from more players I can contribute to that. I have R1 Focused Fist along with most other fighter skills and will even ruse fighter again because of this glitch, its nothing but a stat bump for will to me in its current state.

This glitch absolutely DOES exist, it has happened to me many times. If anyone reads this thread who has had this happen to them, please leave a reply so we might get enough confirmations to mean something.

IGN: Blortad
    Server: Ruairi