Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Black Orb Alby Dungeon

PwninPetePwninPete
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in Help
So I really need help with a certain part in the Advent of the Goddess questline. I'm on the section where you have to drop a small green gem at the entrance of Alby Dungeon in Tir Na Nog. I keep getting utterly destroyed everytime I go up against those gargoyles in the boss room. Is there a certain level you have to be in order to complete it? I'm currently at level 54 and am a senior warrior but I hardly do any damage to them and whenever they hit me they do like 200 plus damage. Is there something I'm missing?

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited March 13, 2017
    I wouldn't run it alone if I could help it.

Try pressing the "Help" button in the upper right of the Quest window ('Q' default).

Even if you had rank 1 Heavy Armor Mastery, and rank 1 Shield Mastery, those gargoyles would hurt you a lot at your level.

Also, what server are you on?
    Just so people on these forums could know if they could help you out.
  • PwninPetePwninPete
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    I'm on Alexina
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    If you're new, I can see how you'd have difficulty, as these mobs really do hit pretty hard, even with the armor masteries we have now.

However, it is soloable.

Step 1: Buy a long bow
    Step 2:Use it to lure one gargoyle at a time away from the others (ideally outside the door to the boss room)

Then just fight the thing. Also, I dunno what you're using, but I'd recommend a one handed weapon and shield, for thi spart at least. Honestly, there's no reason you should be using anything else in early game, except maybe dual wield for easy normal attack kills. The benefit of a shield is huge for you.

PS - If you're doing this on channel 1, try a less populated channel. The lag might be messing you up.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    A main tip for that part of G1 is to bring help.

It is meant to be done in a group of 3, after all.

In fact, if you can ever bring help on any of the generations, it can be wise to do so.