Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Last Post Wins

Comments

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited November 6, 2018
    Speaking of cows.
    mabinogi_2018_11_06_025.jpg

FBI-files-cows-abduction-by-aliens.jpg
    KensamaofmariDANIarts
  • YuoichiYuoichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    I eat cows :^)
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Yuoichi wrote: »
    I eat cows :^)

No, you have to eat Chikin'
    46881712-chick-fil-a-cow-advert-200.530x298.jpg?v=1339827872
    JazmynYuoichi
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Chicken Parmesan of sorts for dinner tonight here.
    Kensamaofmari
    Jazmyn wrote: »

Recipe Night?
  • JazmynJazmyn

Recipe Night?

If it turns out tasty, yup. I try and experiment with it because chicken is so much easier to handle when cooked, and normally you need to bread the raw chicken for chicken parmesan.

Recipe Night?

If it turns out tasty, yup. I try and experiment with it because chicken is so much easier to handle when cooked, and normally you need to bread the raw chicken for chicken parmesan.

Eggplant parmasean is also good alternative.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn

Recipe Night?

I don't even know where to find an eggplant.... xD The joys of the boonies of Wisconsin....

Recipe Night?

I don't even know where to find an eggplant.... xD The joys of the boonies of Wisconsin....

LOL
  • JazmynJazmyn

Recipe Night?

LOL

:P

- People in high populated areas are extremely unaware of how little we have access to in the rural areas and how expensive it all it when we have access to it, unfortunately.

Recipe Night?

LOL

- People in high populated areas are extremely unaware of how little we have access to in the rural areas and how expensive it all it when we have access to it, unfortunately.

If all fails grow some, but then you would need to find the seeds and plants. :o
    I think Wisconsin would have a short time span for eggplant growing season though.

I think a common stereotype is that rural areas should have more variety because they can produce everything, but that is not the case. Especially if it is mostly logistically cut off because it's not along normal trade routes.
  • JazmynJazmyn

Recipe Night?

LOL

If all fails grow some, but then you would need to find the seeds and plants. :o
    I think Wisconsin would have a short time span for eggplant growing season though.

I think a common stereotype is that rural areas should have more variety because they can produce everything, but that is not the case. Especially if it is mostly logistically cut off because it's not along normal trade routes.

You're correct, we're too cold/short of a season. Our hardiness zone is on the brink of 2 and 3 and it says zone 4 for eggplant.

It's like the common stereotype made by us in the rural area is that everyone knows how to use a shovel and rake... nope... not everyone knows how to use a shovel or rake.... it's interesting to watch people in movies trying to use them and they do it in a totally incorrect way...

Recipe Night?

LOL

You're correct, we're too cold/short of a season. Our hardiness zone is on the brink of 2 and 3 and it says zone 4 for eggplant.

It's like the common stereotype made by us in the rural area is that everyone knows how to use a shovel and rake... nope... not everyone knows how to use a shovel or rake.... it's interesting to watch people in movies trying to use them and they do it in a totally incorrect way...

In areas too extreme for a certain crop, I think usually you only have a 3 month window, 1 season to get a crop which is far to short for a plant like eggplant which takes time, since it's a vine crop. It's a cousin of tomatoes but tomatoes grow quicker.

Do you know how to use those tools? :3
    People should never assume that rural = farmer. And just look in Mabi, look at Tir, it is rural, but there is not 1 farmer there.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn

Recipe Night?

LOL

In areas too extreme for a certain crop, I think usually you only have a 3 month window, 1 season to get a crop which is far to short for a plant like eggplant which takes time, since it's a vine crop. It's a cousin of tomatoes but tomatoes grow quicker.

People should never assume that rural = farmer. And just look in Mabi, look at Tir, it is rural, but there is not 1 farmer there.

I meant many city people don't know how to use them and it isn't anything wrong with them, but its something those of us use on a weekly basis take for granted because its so common to us. Just like cities having public transportation and multiple stores to choose from and many people take it for granted because they see it daily.

But yes, we have many yard tools. And our garden used to be huge but we cut it down in size cause we didn't need so much food to go to waste and i don't know how to preserve via canning yet.

~ Growing up in the boonies I used to bury things just for fun and built a fort next to the swamp using an old charcoal grill as a toy to pretend cook, across the road from our house with the lake on the south side and make mud pies. XD

My hometown is 145 square miles with a population of 700. I dont know the mathematical equation off the top of my head, but thats very few people in a mile. Lol. We have 5 bars/restaurants and a gas station with a hardware store inside. Closest grocery store was 15 miles away and wayyy over priced. My parents worked in a city 50 miles away though so they went grocery shopping there.
    Kensamaofmari
    edited November 8, 2018

Recipe Night?

LOL

I meant many city people don't know how to use them and it isn't anything wrong with them, but its something those of us use on a weekly basis take for granted because its so common to us. Just like cities having public transportation and multiple stores to choose from and many people take it for granted because they see it daily.

But yes, we have many yard tools. And our garden used to be huge but we cut it down in size cause we didn't need so much food to go to waste and i don't know how to preserve via canning yet.

~ Growing up in the boonies I used to bury things just for fun and built a fort next to the swamp using an old charcoal grill as a toy to pretend cook, across the road from our house with the lake on the south side and make mud pies. XD

My hometown is 145 square miles with a population of 700. I dont know the mathematical equation off the top of my head, but thats very few people in a mile. Lol. We have 5 bars/restaurants and a gas station with a hardware store inside. Closest grocery store was 15 miles away and wayyy over priced. My parents worked in a city 50 miles away though so they went grocery shopping there.

Well I did give you a pickling method the other time, you just need the ingredients :D
    In that time, I also added pickled cucumber slices and we did apple slices as well.
    We also do sun dried pork belly too.

Yeah many urban folks can't tell the difference between a spade and a shovel or a fork and a rake. But people who have yards would usually know because they do work on it. You can find a hardware or home improvement store every few miles out here in the suburban sprawling metros of the west.

700 people over 145 square miles... that's less than 5 people per spare mile, so about 1 household per square mile. That's a true village to me :D

Off topic: Another mass shooting, when will the carnage stop?

• JazmynJazmyn
    I didn't know about it til now. So sad. :(

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46135459
    I didn't know about it til now. So sad. :(

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46135459

I was in the middle of watching late night shows when they suddenly cut to breaking news half an hour after the news signed off. It was horrible, blood on the pavements and at least one body near the building. Got me distracted that I ended up getting whatever stuff from the Villains event by the time I got to it around 2 in the morning.
  • YuoichiYuoichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    ok so only we 3 can win this.
    Yuoichi wrote: »
    ok so only we 3 can win this.

We will need to draw up an agreement and have all parties sign on it.
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,120
    I'm so lost. xD