Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Bringing Back Memorable Pets/Mounts

FalcondaeFalcondae
Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
in Feedback and Suggestions
I know there have been discussions of specific pets and mounts, but this topic is going to be covering pets and mounts as a whole. So be it an older player from the days of G1 or a new player starting in G20, I just wanted to open a discussion to pets and possibly bringing them back for limited amounts of time.

Being an older player who started from the days of G2S3, I'm sad that Nexon did a huge pet/mount purge from their shop. While I do like the new mounts with their fancy AoE effects, I really do miss the simple pets, like the Gray Wolf, Falcon, Black Lab, Retriever, Samoyed, and Jindo (And I know the Crow is a big one that everyone has been talking about lately as well!!!). Some had large inventories, like the Snowy Owl, and some were just beastly leveling partners perfect for beginners, like the Dalmatian or any of the other dogs for that matter. I remember that most of the time, pets were bought mostly for inventory, movement, or just because they look great.

One that I am very sad about them pulling out are the transformation pets, the Siberian Husky, Borzoi, and Greyhound for Paladins and the Bengal, Siamese, and Bombay for Dark Knights. I know the Siberian was a limited and one of the cats were as well (Think it was the Bengal), but it would be nice if at least one of each stayed in the shop for new human players (Or at least have a questline in-game to obtain one, one per account, of course). I'm actually a bit surprised that the Elves and Giant didn't have a pet equivalent, perhaps a bird of prey for elves and a bear or some large beast for giants. Oh, can't forget the Persian, Black Wolf, and Hamster, which transformed into their were-forms under certain conditions (think it's day for Persians, night for Black Wolves, and hunger above 90% for Hamsters).

The mounts are also some of the really memorable ones, especially the limited ones like the Thunderbird (Released back in G4), Griffin (I want to say G11 or G12 for these majestic eagle lions), Snow Tiger and Bengal Tiger (The first battle mounts introduced into the game that players can use to fight while mounted), Phoenix (The original one from the Cash Shop, though if I'm not mistaken, a Diamond Phoenix is set to be released some time in the future for us?), the Alaskan Husky and Malamute (Think these guys were also released around the Iria Era and allowed for travel on snow), and the Two-Seater Thunder Dragon (Great for companion trips, and not to mention the amusing animation for the passenger when in flight... XD). I also miss the Halfinger horse mount. It actually looked pretty cute when standing next to the Thoroughbred and the two-rider black Shire.

I know there are a ton more that I missed, and while an event might have occurred while I was on my hiatus (Left 2015 and came back only recently), it would be nice to see a classic pet revival event just for nostalgia sake, and to show those who started post-G12 some of the cooler, ordinary pets we worked with when the pet system was just starting to be introduced.

So, what other pets do you miss from the days of old, and maybe wish to see purchasable again (and I don't mean from other players via Pet Charms)?

I, for one, would love to see the Paladin/Dark Knight transformation pets make a comeback, and especially the Griffins and other smaller, non-AoE pets like the Hedgehogs and definitely the sprites (Somehow, I remember having a sprite, but I don't see it in my pet list anymore... Wondering if I re-birthed it sometime in the past...).

A link to the list pets that were released for Mabi on Mabinogi World Wiki (NA and Overseas) for reference.
SherriSylviaWolfe

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    I've been trying to ask for the Crow to come back but I would love it if all the other pets got some spotlight time too. :)
    I would definitely buy quite a few of the mentioned pets. ^^
    SylviaWolfe
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I'd love to see some come back or be released in different forms. Plenty of us have been hoping to obtain a crow to which the answer has justifiably been that it is gone 5ever. Why not release a "new" pet Raven then? Heck I'd love to see a pet-design/suggestion contest or a poll for folks to vote old pets back in on a bi-weekly/monthly basis. Highly support.
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Honestly speaking, it would be nice if some of the older pets had a model revamp. Looking at the horses, dragons, and newer pets, it would be great if their models and graphics were updated.

As for the different forms, like the added cosmetic ones, I feel like those are over the top and distract more than being useful. Maybe it's just me liking simplicity... XD
    SylviaWolfe
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    ASTRAL PETS! ASTRAL PETS! ASTRAL PETS!
    GretaSylviaWolfeSherriXiokunTairiku
  • SetsurinSetsurin
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    well. personally, I'd like to see some of the old event pets become available again. from crossover events like the maplestory one for instance. and I don't mean in the cash shop. maybe an old event combo event where all the old events could be available in different locations so as not to overload the game. it could give new players a chance to earn what older players had the chance to. and, maybe there could be some old cash shop pets like the ones described in the initial post that could be acquired in a special pet quest. maybe have it be a daily event and you can only earn 1 of each per account. or maybe the old pet event could be like Doki Doki Island where you earn the currency to buy the whistles (again only 1 whistle of each per account). just a few thoughts on my part that might allow new players a chance to experience the full joy of mabinogi.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 19, 2017
    I really want to see Astral Pet Box to get back and also i remembered Mini Unicorn pet. It looks so cute and funny, would love to see it back, because last time i was unable to get it (back in 2014).
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    OWL, BIRD, CROW, ANYTHING!
    SylviaWolfe
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    We might be due for a new random pet box next week with the Anniversary events. =D
    Xiokun
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I just want the scooter..
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    ShouK wrote: »

I will never understand people wanting scooter pets lol. I was always imagining Mabinogi in medieval times and such, but nothing modern. Seriously scooter or truck as a pet? Okay fine, so i'll just assume that all irl cars, boats, planes and etc are our pets too rofl.
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Greta wrote: »
    ShouK wrote: »

I will never understand people wanting scooter pets lol. I was always imagining Mabinogi in medieval times and such, but nothing modern. Seriously scooter or truck as a pet? Okay fine, so i'll just assume that all irl cars, boats, planes and etc are our pets too rofl.

I never did understand the scooter as well. I can sort of see it due to commerce, with the horse carts but something so modern is certainly out of place. Food carts seems a bit more understandable, but as a pet I do have to question... XD

As for the random pet box, I'm not so keen on it due to my horrid luck with digital Gachapons (Physical Gachapons is another story). If they made the Pet Gachapons ONLY pets and no fillers with the price tag per Gacha a bit higher than normal, then I might consider buying a few. I think that was how it went with the Sheeptuplet and Astral pet Gachapons? Correct me if I'm wrong on this one since I left just as they were introduced.

Think one of the major event pets I want to see back is the Bull from one of the first OX events, and maybe the Black Flamemare from same said event. Only thing I wish about the Black Flamemare is that we can choose the colors of the armor instead of getting a random color after using the whistle. Think I only managed to get 2 with colored armor while the rest were all black XD
    Greta
  • PurrkinsPurrkins
    While I've been on a rather long hiatus (we're talking a few years here sadly due to past computer going toast and having to save up for new one); I wish they'd bring back the dragons, and the Flamemares again.. the main ones I'm really upset about considering when I came back, my account was gone and all 24 pets I'd purchased, some rare and no longer around and I'm sol about it since due to memory issues, I cannot recall my old email I'd used for the account. Nexon has said that I had asked for my account to be removed (pssh please, after spending all that money on it? I'd have it hanging around many more years nuuu nu nu)

anyway, b**chn and moaning aside; yes I wish they'd at least bring those back, so I could grab those again and get back into the game without feeling like someone staked my heart every time someone runs by with their dragon. >.<