Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Steam is now broken

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Looks like I missed a bit. Is it fixed now?
    /inb4 compensation threads
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Looks like the steam issue is fixed. Not sure about the NGS kick outs though.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Hey guys, it's the first day of the transition to Nexon Launcher, Let's try to give it some time and hopefully the issues will be resolved soon!

I know it's the job of the mods to kiss up to the boss, but this level of incompetence is inexcusable. Did they not test this at all before putting it up live?
    KagaSherri
  • MohawkGuyMohawkGuy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,440
    @Shaeli

I can assure you we tested as much as we could internally, but issues like this are bound to happen once we push them live. Its the same in any tech industry where issues arise once pushed live. We are a very small team and try our hardest to cover any possible test cases that may come up, but the fact of the matter is that LIVE issues will ALWAYS happen, that's just the nature of the beast.

Thank you for your patience and understanding <3

(:7
    badnewsbarrettCrossx2Aquasol
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    I'll just play something else for a day and forget about this game since today's disaster day. Also Steam version better work. RIP Launcher 2008-2017
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 16, 2017
    Harukari wrote: »

I got NGS kick at first when i was logged in for about 1 minute. After that i started Mabinogi again and closed Nexon Laucher just in case. Seems like i still didn't get booted, already like 50 minutes passed.

• HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited March 16, 2017
    Greta wrote: »

I got NGS kick at first when i was logged in for about 1 minute. After that i started Mabinogi again and closed Nexon Laucher just in case. Seems like i still didn't get booted, already like 50 minutes passed.

I have yet to be kicked by NGS, so far running smoothly on my end, I updated and launched through Steam. I absolutely refuse to get Nexon Launcher. I'll only use it if I'm forced too.

Maybe it's Nexon Launcher itself causing people to be kicked by NGS.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Greta wrote: »

I have yet to be kicked by NGS, so far running smoothly on my end, I updated and launched through Steam. I absolutely refuse to get Nexon Launcher. I'll only use it if I'm forced too.

Maybe it's Nexon Launcher itself causing people to be kicked by NGS.

Using Nexon Launcher here. Not sure what happened, but something is fixed.
    Not getting kicked, might even get attendance over with.
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Probably it got fixed. Since i heard Steam thing is already ok.
  • SherriSherri
    I use the Nexon Launcher as well, booting up Mabinogi rn. Nothing bad so far.. O .O
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    edited March 16, 2017
    Lets just hope we get those event extensions for all this time we're spending unable to access the game or stay logged in.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    so far, so good, haven't been kicked by NGS yet :D
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    still going strong. looks like I'm out of the danger zone for now :D

I think they indeed fixed the problem, as I still haven't been kicked yet. even did a few raids already and got my attendance/chisels for today
  • SherriSherri
    Working for me! Thanks for fixing Mr. Nexon!
    Also in love with the login screen.

HONBodp.png

Hnng
    badnewsbarrettGretaWolfandWolf
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Used Nexon Launcher and working fine.
    Actually never had problem since it was out.
  • SacredFlairSacredFlair
    Mabinogi Rep: 675
    Been in the game for over an hour now and no NGS kill so I guess it's good now. Just need to fix the music.
  • GenuisenieGenuisenie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    Yup, they made the Steam version launch the game directly, no more need for the Mabinogi launcher. Let's just hope Steam can receive the patches.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Looks like everything is running ok for me. Guess you guys had a rough start earlier today.

So does this mean they had to re-enable direct launch for steam?
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Yes yes, steam was evil anyway. now that they can gain more money the game should at least be ok for now.