Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Best way to prof train tower cylinder?

AppleChanceryAppleChancery
Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
in Help
What's the most efficient way to increase tower cylinder's proficiency? I tried equipping it and smacking the barrier spikes in the provocation shadow mission, but I barely get any proficiency.

Comments

• AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    As a very slow weapon, using melee on spikes may be slow, but it is the fastest and effortless way to gain proficiency. What is your character's age? Younger characters will gain proficiency slower than an older character. A 10-13 year old will gain 4.8% proficiency per hit while a 20+ year old will gain 7.2% proficiency.
  • AppleChanceryAppleChancery
    Woah, 7.2% per hit!? My character is 20+ and I barely get 1% for the entire hour. Heck, I was even able to break the barrier spike.
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    Barely 1% in an hour sounds like you weren't actually getting anything from attacking the barriers. Were you using a tendering potion while you did this?
    Nope
  • OrkaneOrkane
    edited March 17, 2017
    You can only gain proficiency from hitting enemies ranked weak and up. Barrier spikes are ranked weakest (though the game doesn't show this) and so won't give proficiency. However, with a tendering potion, you can move them up to weak or even similarly ranked so they give proficiency. Hitting them without tendering potions, is a waste of time and durability.
    Oh! I never knew that. I'll try profing tower cylinder on a lower level character then.
  • OrkaneOrkane
    I'm pretty sure barrier spikes have 0 CP so using a weaker character won't matter. Tendering potions don't work by decreasing your CP, they simply make every enemy count as being one higher i.e. all weakest enemies become weak; all weak enemies become similarly ranked; etc.
    edited March 17, 2017
    Is there any other efficient way to prof train without using tendering potion?
  • AeolysAeolys
    edited March 17, 2017
    What you can do is do some shadow missions (as long you do not mind not finishing them). In the offering shadow mission, monsters will constantly spawn in a relatively small area and you can set up your tower cylinder a bit away and pelt them with water cannon as they spawn. Or if Offering is too rough, you can park yourself near an offering circle in Enemy Behind shadow mission, its like offering but it only spawn two at a time.

If you want to do it the ye-olde-fashion way of prof-ing. Equip a full set of clothes, hat, gloves, boots, two accessories and the weapon enchanted with lightning elementals. This will make you very lightning-y. Go to spiral hill and find a wisp. You will do 1 damage while the wisp also does 1 damage. Auto attack away and keep an eye on your health. What you can try to do is get both you and the wisp between the rocks and cliff so you end up knocking each other back into "walls".

For both methods, make sure the targets are at least "weak" and not "weakest".
    hmm, are there any monsters immune to physical damage?
  • AeolysAeolys
    In Iria:Saga episode 3, there is a shadow mission "Retreat to Vales" where a White Dragon is present. Since it has 30,000 CP, you will get proficiency from attacking it but you will not be able to kill it. Kill all the monsters around it, and auto attack the White Dragon. This is a potentially high maintenance method since the dragon can trample on you so you will most likely need to heal doing this method. I am not sure if standing behind it is safe from being trampled.