Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

About new forgetful potion...

DARKCloudDARKCloud
Mabinogi Rep: 1,040
in Help
"1x Forgetful Potion *NEW* - Resets your current level and Exploration level to 1"
So this is basically a rebirth potion without having to rebirth at all , right? Does that mean you could keep using these during one rebirth cycle to get insanely high stats?

Comments

• TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    If you reset levels you should also lose the stats you gained from them.
  • DARKCloudDARKCloud
    TheNyanCat wrote: »

Is there any real benefit or difference from this and a rebirth potion? Are you just taking Nao out of the equation?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    You can get ap quicker by resetting your level till you hit a high level and repeat, going back to level 1, as each successful level up requires more exp to move to the next level (Level 1 to Level 2 requires a few hundred, Level 50 to Level 51 requires hundreds of thousands for just that level)

Ap is used for ranking up skills, which not only raises the skills effectiveness most of the time, but give permanent stats, usually with each successful rank (Rank F>RankE) that compound with future stat boosts, which are not lost in rebirth, but can be lost with a skill reset.

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Liyeta wrote: »
    To stay 20 for another week ?
    DARKCloud wrote: »

Is there any real benefit or difference from this and a rebirth potion? Are you just taking Nao out of the equation?

Hmm pretty much just age advantage. For example 20 year old dont need to turn 17 again. Thats it i think

I thought rebirth potions had a cooldown of one real day?

*shrugs*
  • DARKCloudDARKCloud
    Liyeta wrote: »
    To stay 20 for another week ?

Hmm pretty much just age advantage. For example 20 year old dont need to turn 17 again. Thats it i think

I thought rebirth potions had a cooldown of one real day?

*shrugs*
    According to the mabidatabase description : "A potion that resets your current level and exploration level to 1. It also increases the cumulative level by 1. Can only be consumed once a day.." So i guess the dedicated players can "rebirth" twice a day if they pop one of these and an rb pot.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited March 22, 2017
    In this way so you don't have to pay pon when you are using Hero talent.
    Hazurah
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    Ellisya wrote: »
    In this way so you don't have to pay pon when you are using Hero talent.

yes, you are right. I haven't thought about that
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    So yet another "rebirth" sort of item.

Rebirth Potion = Makes rebirthing become available, regardless of how long it's been since you've rebirthed, no cooldown on using this potion.

Potion of Oblivion = Resets current combat/exploration levels to 1 without rebirth, cooldown of 7 days
    (this was given away from an old hot-time event)

Forgetful Potion = Resets current exploration level to 1 without rebirth, limit of one per day(?)
  • WillWolf76WillWolf76
    Mabinogi Rep: 210
    Just in case someone finds this page like I did, here is the ACTUAL reasoning for some of these potions which I learned thanks to a good friend in game taking the time to teach me.

Forgetful Potion - It will take you back down to level 1. Why is this a good thing? Well, you know all that AP you need to level your skills, you can earn it faster during your first 50 levels then from your last 50 levels. You keep the AP you got so it is a way to earn AP much faster.

Rebirth Potion - This potion can change your age, gender, or look but that is not the useful feature. This allows you to get double XP bonus on stats for something you wish to specialize in. When you first started, you choose a class and thata class you got double XP for working on. A rebirth lets you switch this so you get double on something else.

Reseting Skills - This one is the BEST FEATURE because if you struggle with leveling some of your skills like WINDMILL that depend on CP then this is for you! I did it, Windmill because 100 times easier because I could focus in on attacking wolves again. It lowers your CP because your skills go back to F. But here is the reason why it is good because that might sound bad at first. All the AP you used to level your skills (not the ones you used for free XP, just the ones you used when you clicked ADVANCE), you get back. Then on top of that, you don't need to fill the requirements to get your skills back up to the rank it was before the reset. Basically, you are lowering your CP so you can do much more with the skills you want to level. For instance, I reset my skills and then I only reranked Windfall. I left all the others at F except healing I put back to A. Grey Wolves were once again my CP level and White Wolves were strong meaning I could easily Windfall them for credit. By the time I got my Windfall up to Rank 3, I was back on Zombies again who I were killing at boss level easily for intermediate or basic were strong for the group kills. Then when I was done, I reused my AP and got back most of my skills I wanted to focus on next (after reaching rank 1 with Windfall).

These potions have their uses if used properly. Understanding them is key to growing faster if you want to not waste precious time.
  • WillWolf76WillWolf76
    Mabinogi Rep: 210
    "1x Forgetful Potion *NEW* - Resets your current level and Exploration level to 1"
    So this is basically a rebirth potion without having to rebirth at all , right? Does that mean you could keep using these during one rebirth cycle to get insanely high stats?

There is a difference. Rebirth allows you to change your specialty so that you can get double XP on a new group of skills meanwhile the Forgetful potion brings you back to level one so you could focus in on getting AP faster (lower level needs less XP to level meaning faster AP gathering).

These potions really help if used right.

The reseting of skills brings you back to rank F on all skills so you can lower your CP. You get all the AP back you used when you clicked ADVANCE (not the AP you used to quick level) and you don't need to do the requirements all over to rank, you just click advance and spend the AP again to get back up to the rank you were before you reset. This is a great way to level skills, specially Windfall for those who didn't level it early. CP will still be based on how many skills you have but when I did it, I was back to Grey Wolves being equal and White Wolves being strong from Zombies not helping me much anymore. It is a blessing!