Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mari's Life Skills Central

Comments

• ScavernScavern
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,615
    Can I be added a R1 Carpenter? :D I'm working on life skills slowly but surely!
    IGN: Scavern
    Shoog
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    @Scavern Sorry for the delay in adding you to the list. I've been out all week due to the flu.
    Scavern
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    I wasn't sure if I should ask in the thread itself but as you can see I decided this is the better route.

My main question is in regards to commissions. Do the crafters listed charge a commission and if so how much?

I'm looking to commission two (2) full sets of the new Giant Valiance Armor plus two (2) swords and (two) shields. I almost have all the materials, and am just missing some Hillwen alloy. I should have all the materials by this coming weekend.

What is the usual procedure in a crafter crafting for someone? For large ticket items or large commissions are there any safeguards in place for both parties?
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    edited October 29, 2017
    I wasn't sure if I should ask in the thread itself but as you can see I decided this is the better route.

My main question is in regards to commissions. Do the crafters listed charge a commission and if so how much?

I'm looking to commission two (2) full sets of the new Giant Valiance Armor plus two (2) swords and (two) shields. I almost have all the materials, and am just missing some Hillwen alloy. I should have all the materials by this coming weekend.

What is the usual procedure in a crafter crafting for someone? For large ticket items or large commissions are there any safeguards in place for both parties?

Usually if you provide all the materials, they'll craft the items for you. Not sure if some people do charge extra, I'd check in first by asking (for me I always craft for free as long as you provide materials)

For your second question, you have to trust them to not run away with your materials I guess, but Shoog mentioned to report any scammers if they do scam. If you don't feel safe to trust them, you could try the "hold something of theirs equal to the worth of yours" approach. You trade the mats, specify what items to be made, they craft it for you, then trade you the crafted items (and if they charge for service that's where you trade the gold)

and Update: Dan 1 Tailoring and Dan 2 Blacksmithing now, been slacking though :'D

IGN: Hikura4
  • ScavernScavern
    Thanks <3
  • TabariTabari
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    edited November 21, 2017
    Update: Finally reached r5 Blacksmith
    IGN: Tabari
    Shoog
  • KibasurionKibasurion
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    I am r1 in the following skills:
    Magic Craft
    Engineering
    Enchanting
    Tailoring
    Black smiting
    Potion Making
    Synthesis

Came looking for a master handcraft with a success 20 kit and figured I'd toss myself down and help anyone out who needs it while I'm at it ^^

IGN: Kibasurion

Shoog
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    Hey Shoog, I see a mistake; I'm dan 1 in Tailoring, not in Refining xD...

Dan 2 Hillwen Engineering now!

Shoog
  • ShoogShoog
    edited December 7, 2017
    Chibisai wrote: »
    Hey Shoog, I see a mistake; I'm dan 1 in Tailoring, not in Refining xD...

Dan 2 Hillwen Engineering now!

I'm so sorry! xD I'll correct that when I get home from work tonight.

EDIT: Alrighty! Chart should be corrected and updated now.
  • RalikinRalikin
    Mabinogi Rep: 815
    Hi, I'd like to be added as rank 1 weaver. :)

IGN: Librine
    Shoog
  • Blueice44Blueice44
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    , Mind if I join the list?

Magic Craft: r4
    Refining: r1
    Tailoring: r5
    Weaving: r1
    Carpentry: r1
    Synthesis: r5

IGN: Graffiiti
    Shoog
  • NesieNesie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,070
    I have a suggestion: Add fragmentation, for those who want their medals, etc fragged.

Although that one might be complicated by the fact that you can use enchants to increase the success rate. I thought I might as well bring it up.
  • ShoogShoog
    Nesie wrote: »
    I have a suggestion: Add fragmentation, for those who want their medals, etc fragged.

Although that one might be complicated by the fact that you can use enchants to increase the success rate. I thought I might as well bring it up.

I can see if it will fit into the grid. The original chart was created with html, but when html got removed from the forum I had to create the chart in Adobe InDesign. Was a bit tricky to get everything to fit properly. I'm sure it can be done though! Thank you for the suggestion. :)
  • SureneSurene
    Mabinogi Rep: 580
    edited January 14, 2018
    You can add me!
    IGN: Surene

R1 - refine, weaving, tailoring, enchant, blacksmith
    mastered- synth
    R5 - magic craft

working on the rest, will update when r1 :}
    Shoog
  • SureneSurene
    Mabinogi Rep: 580
    @shoog R1 Magic craft now, ty <3
    Shoog
  • shiningstarshiningstar
    Mabinogi Rep: 520
    Can you add me for the following please:

blacksmithing: R1
    refining: R1
    tailoring: R1
    weaving: R1
    carpentry: Mastered
    handicraft: R1
    potion making: Mastered
    enchanting: R1
    synthesis: R1

IGN: Kyudo
    I can send you screenshot proofs if you need. Thank you!
    Shoog
  • ShoogShoog
    Got you updated/added to the list. :)

Sometime this week or next, if irl doesn't get in the way, I'll be sending notes in game to everyone on our chart to find out who's still active and who's not. If I don't get a reply to any notes in game or here on the forums by the end of February, then I'll be removing inactives. If you happen to get removed from the list then please message me here on the forum and I can easily just re-add you. I'll make sure to keep a copy of the chart saved so I'll have your information. Thank you.
  • NossNoss
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,500
    edited February 12, 2018
    Still active! Also some updates:

Hillwen Engineering Dan 1 + Master Title
    Magic Crafting Dan 2 + Master Title
    Blacksmithing Dan 3
    Carpentry Master Title
    Enchanting R1

Thanks!

IGN is of course Nossx3 c:
    Shoog
  • ShoogShoog
    Thank you to everyone who has had a chance to reply to my notes. I'll reply to you in game as soon as I can.

@Noss I'll get you updated on the chart as soon as possible. :)
  • ScavernScavern
    I'd love to be added as a R1 Enchanter! I finally got it <3
    IGN: Scavern <3
    Shoog