Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So, whos up to grind?

KitsunoeaKitsunoea
Mabinogi Rep: 410
edited April 6, 2017 in Help
No, I don`t mean the dancing kind of grinding,I mean the kind to help me stop being so friggin broke. So, how do people get so rich in game? I get so jealous and I wanna know, if you don`t mind me asking?

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I forgot ever since I paid for Nexon. There are people who claim they do not get rich in gold solely off NX, but they usually use an arsenal so highly reforged that they belie the point entirely for those not looking to spend NX in the first place.
    Kitsunoea
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited April 7, 2017
    Theres always commercing. Doing it safely by paying attention to where you are going and smartly by never stopping at Dunbarton or Belvast, it is very profitable. Its also pretty boring trekking around by foot so turn on Youtube or grab an anime or ten.

Ever since the dungeon revamp, turning in fomor scrolls will turn over twice as much money than it was before the revamp. For example mimic scrolls used to give 6k, but now it gives a hefty 12k. The revamp has also made all dungeons significantly more harder so this doesn't method seems ideal, BUT some dungeons did not change, such as Albey dungeon. In Albey/Silver Gem, the normal/red/metal skeletons, lagodessas and everything else are still the old versions of themselves and not like the newer buffed versions of the Rabbie or Ciar monsters.

You could try selling holy water. I am not sure how much they cost nowadays but its one of the few in-game items that sells well since doing the ptjs are a bit tedious. Bangor's church ptj was the easiest church ptj, but ever since the dungeon revamp, barri dungeon's goblins and imps are much stronger.

I remember doing Cource exploration is pretty good if you got the inventory space. I gather from the Pantay Swamps for treasure chests. The swamp has the least amount of artifacts that could be in pieces in my experience. I go to the La Terra Highlands for statues while gathering using a Partner with high likability (for double drops [for up to four artifacts per statue!]). Bring them to Voight and hope he doesn't disintegrate your hard earned artifacts. Then sell the successfully appraised junk to him. If you got a box, you sell the box and the item inside for what is essentially double the money.

Restoring fossils in Zardine is okay if you can do the minigame and do not mind mindlessly mining at the sulfur pits. If you are an elf, you can alternatively mine the dangerous sulfur golems (using hide between each attempt) to get a substantially higher fossil drop rate. If you want, you could go ahead and kill the golems since mining from them will not only reduce their defense and protection but their attack power will drop like a rock.

Ballooning can be good if you have rank 1 firebolt and a chaincasting firewand. Killing 51stars worth of wyverns (17 non-hungry/ferocious ice wyverns) will net you 17.8k from Kelpie (or some cool loot like Thames Boots or Hebona Shoes).

Rafting can net you some good money if you are equipped for it. Intermediate magic and Archery are ideal due to their very long range. Having Thunder at rank 1 and a lightning wand that either reduces casting time or mana cost is ideal. Or if you are brave and have good archery skills, crash shot will destroy bunched-up hobgoblins. Rafting can be a hit and a miss due to glitches that can teleport you around the raft (spellwalk does not work on the raft). You can exchange 11 stars for Teeth Pattern Boots which you can sell back to the npc for 4k each. This is certainly a better deal than exchanging 54 stars for a piddly 2.9k exploration experience.

Those are the in-game-money-making methods that I can think of that does not involve getting gachapon items and selling those. I hope I have sparked some money making gears in you and good luck!

PS: If you're rolling in much dosh and hate going back and forth from the bank to deposit your hard earned clink, you can get the Item Bag (8x10) from most general store. Fill the bag with 20 large gold bags and let the bag expire and lock up. You can still buy stuff from stores and picked-up money will still be stored in the locked bag. The only problem with this is that you cannot take gold out of the bags and divide them. This means no dropping your gold, putting gold into donation boxes or putting them into a trade window. For what its worth, its a 2x4 wallet that holds 1 million gold.
    Kitsunoea