Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Part-time job records set to 1 times

LenntLennt
Mabinogi Rep: 300
edited April 7, 2017 in Help
It has been going on for very long time but after doing few part-time job, few days later, the character information has record of part-time job record of 1 for each I've done.

And I am guessing I will never have part-time job of higher level.

This is a bit problematic since higher level part-time jobs are very helpful for i.e. tailoring.

:/

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    This is intentional. You must do part time jobs constantly to keep it up, within a span of 3 real life days. This is useful for people who want to reset their success failure rates, since it takes off failures before successes.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    This has been a feature since the game came out. Yes, it is really annoying and that's pretty much why people are willing to buy holy water from other people.
    This feature is also kind of tied into the lore of the game. It has something to do with how the milletians (that's us) perceive time quickly compared to the rest of the world. Every week, we all age a whole year while the rest of the world doesn't budge an inch. (...) Its a bit confusing and seems a bit backwards.
  • LenntLennt
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    oh wow :/ thanks for replies
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I noticed that the hard way after thinking to go back to try to get from intermediate to advanced ptj after ages of not doing the ptj and noticed somehow the counts resetted.

Reasons why I rather train skills like blacksmith the normal (and harder) way instead of religiously doing the ptj for days because I don't have enough free time for that.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    ShouK wrote: »
    Reasons why I rather train skills like blacksmith the normal (and harder) way instead of religiously doing the ptj for days because I don't have enough free time for that.

Doing the blacksmithing ptj is pretty good for training blacksmithing up from rank F to rank 9. The ptj also provide the materials and manual for free which is a convenience, especially when you need to make armor for rank A. After you are done with the ptj, use up the materials and manual for smithing successes.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Doing the blacksmithing ptj is pretty good for training blacksmithing up from rank F to rank 9. The ptj also provide the materials and manual for free which is a convenience, especially when you need to make armor for rank A. After you are done with the ptj, use up the materials and manual for smithing successes.
    Yeah it's good for people with lots of free time. Because you need to be dedicated for that. I only did the ptj up until rank C. After that, I can't get any training done anymore, because you have to get to intermediate to advance further iirc. Even during my newbie days where all I did every day was literally grinding holy water ptj, I only managed to get to intermediate. Decided to just said f it and trained it without the ptj.