Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Allow players to reset age without resetting level

AppleChanceryAppleChancery
Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
edited April 13, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
I personally don't like resetting my current level and leveling up too fast since the under 1k cumulative level bonuses are very beneficial. However, it is very annoying that I'm pretty much stuck being X years over 25 and not being able to wear age restricted outfits. I know there are age potions, but those only change your appearance and don't actually give you the attributes of that age. Therefore being able to reset the character's age without having to reset current level would be very handy.
  1. Let us reset age without resetting level!8 votes
    1. Agree
       88% (7 votes)
    2. Disagree
       13% (1 vote)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Don't we have such thing called Age Potions and Tin Potion?
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    I do believe that there is a option when you rebirth to reset levels/age, change gender, and change age and appearance.

Rebirth.jpg

Next time you rebirth, look under the Basic info part and there are options for how you want to reset. I do believe for only keeping level and changing your age, you have to untick [Level, Age Reset] and keep [Change Age and Appearance] ticked. Then you should be able to choose your age below and rebirth without resetting your current levels. To confirm this, you can check the before and after stats in the Basic Info box.

Currently the game is down so I can't test this for sure and I've only done it once or two a few years ago due to the clothing restrictions but that should be how it works.
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 13, 2017
    Falcondae wrote: »
    Next time you rebirth, look under the Basic info part and there are options for how you want to reset. I do believe for only keeping level and changing your age, you have to untick [Level, Age Reset] and keep [Change Age and Appearance] ticked. Then you should be able to choose your age below and rebirth without resetting your current levels. To confirm this, you can check the before and after stats in the Basic Info box.

It has an option to tick "Reset Level and Age". So i assume that you can't change your age without resetting your level as well. But why wouldn't you want to reset it anyway? By the way we do have some Age Potions that lets you change your age without Rebirthing/Level Resetting. For that, you can find goblin NPC named Tiro in any Adv Dungeon and even in Basic/Int Peaca and buy for 400k gold from him. Also you can buy it in Cash Shop for like 900 NX. Some players even prefer Tin Potions that come from various events more than anything else.

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited April 13, 2017
    I think age restrictions to clothing still apply regardless of your appearance, which age pots do not change anything except appearance. Age restricted clothings are a bit of a rarity though.
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    If you look under the option for [Level, Age Reset], there's also an option for [Change Age and Appearance]. The OP wants to be able to change their age without messing with their current level since they don't want to level so fast (Even as a returnee, I find leveling right now is a bit too speedy).

The Age Potions only let you look that age, not have the attributes of that age. This is a quote from the wiki regarding the age potions, namely age 10 but it applies to all age potions:
    This interesting potion allows you to change your appearance to look like a 10-year-old. The effects will disappear once your character ages a year. *Only the appearance changes. This potion will not allow you to wear clothes that are age-restricted, nor will you receive additional AP given out every birthday.

• The character's stats will not change, only the appearance of the character.
    • The potion does not affect proficiency increase.
    • Will not allow you to wear age restricted clothing which does not match your actual age.
    • You will revert to your normal age appearance when you age on Saturday or rebirth.
    • It can be overwritten by another age potion. If you use a 10-yr-old potion and later use a 17-yr-old potion, the later will take effect.

Like I said, game is down, so I can't test if those settings are what the OP wants until the game comes back up. It is useful though to be able to just change your age and not your level anyways. There are just some people who prefer to reap up as much of the benefits as possible before hitting 1k.
  • GretaGreta
    Well OP didn't tell us for what reason they suggest such thing, but if it comes to age restricted clothing then yes, my suggestion is not helpful then.
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Greta wrote: »
    Well OP didn't tell us for what reason they suggest such thing, but if it comes to age restricted clothing then yes, my suggestion is not helpful then.

I beg to differ...

I personally don't like resetting my current level and leveling up too fast since the under 1k cumulative level bonuses are very beneficial. However, it is very annoying that I'm pretty much stuck being X years over 25 and not being able to wear age restricted outfits. I know there are age potions, but those only change your appearance and don't actually give you the attributes of that age. Therefore being able to reset the character's age without having to reset current level would be very handy.

I do believe that the OP is trying to use things like the Jackal/Raccoon Cub -CP outfit, which from older Gachapons were on age/gender restricted clothing (Wizard Suit for Men/Women, which is restricted to Age 17 to 20), or they could be using other magical clothing that have age restrictions (Think the latest Raccoon Cub item I've seen is the Pirate Captain Suit, which has no gender/age limitations). I can't think of any other reason other than age restricted clothing used for fashion...
    Greta
  • AppleChanceryAppleChancery
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    Falcondae is pretty much on point on what I was trying to state.
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    edited April 13, 2017
    Ok, now that I'm back from work and have been able to look at the rebirthing UI, I realize that they have changed it since I last rebirthed with your criteria.

983f4e05d7.jpg

The only options available are [Reset Level and Age] and [Change Gender], which are different from the previous options Pre-Classic update, I do believe, which are [Level, Age Reset] and [Change Age and Appearance].

That screenshot from Wiki is an outdated shot, possibly from Pre-Classic update. So I understand why you want this function since previously - we were allowed to just change our age without messing with the current levels

Hmm... Wonder why they took that out in the first place now... *Scratches head*