Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi's Wiki and Wiki Tools

Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
edited May 21, 2019 in Game Guides
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/
[Recommended Link] http://wiki.mabi.world/
[Main Link] http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/

[Note:] If something happens to the domain, and a URL doesn't work, check the following link for more news.

Mabinogi World Facebook (Leaving Nexon Forums)

*If you ever have any questions about items or stuff, search it on the Mabinogi World Wiki.
The volunteers try their best to keep up with new and recent events and updates.
If you can volunteer alongside them with your free time by updating any red pages with screenshots and info, make sure to contact them.

http://mabinoger.com/
-If you ever need to know CP, Timers, or various calculations, check out Mabinogier. They also have a tool to help you quickly search the housing board on the servers. mabinoger.com/housing.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"OMG, this Wiki is so outdated! Where's the info?"
If you have a question like this, keep in mind that the volunteers are players just like you with jobs, school, and a life in general.
However, if you find yourself running into bits of new information that needs to be added to the wiki, please follow the link below to donate screenshots, just remember that you may have to retake them multiple times until it is done in the required format.

*Read Before You Volunteer*

Volunteer Information

You are free to sign up for an account and edit as you'd like. However, please read the rules and regulations beforehand.
If you are in need of editing assistance, the wiki staff will be more than willing to help.

[Note:] You may want to first consult with the Mabinogi Official Discord before waiting for a response on the Nexon Forums or Facebook.

[Note:] Glossary needs some love from volunteers, but still accepts the use of any new players with questions.

The EAR of Mabinogi World Wiki Image Submission:

-Even if you send in images for submission, they might have to be retaken, resized, or edited in a program to match up.
-A different background can break the flow of the previous screenshots you took.
-Remember that an image may look beautiful on the forum, but could pixelate altogether on the Wiki page.

[Note] Before snapping away on that PRT SCRN screen button, make sure that Outline Rendering is turned off.
If it's on, then your screenshot will not be finalized and you may be asked to retake it.
Screenshots taken with outline rendering on, results in an image that will easily appear to be low quality.

Erydanos[Deleted User]猿仙人_SaruSenninAlymere
  1. Did you know these sites existed?55 votes
    1. Yes, I am a veteran player
       82% (45 votes)
    2. Yes, I googled Mabinogi Wiki
       16% (9 votes)
    3. No, I did not.
       2% (1 vote)

Comments

• OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    "try their best to keep up with new content"

That's why they are always two to three patches behind when i go to look something up.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    @Opalthira There have been many wiki members quitting and moving on, same as the players. There might only be a few volunteers pulling together update info for all we know. Without the help of a GM or Mabinogi Volunteer who know how to put the pages together, it's going to be slow. You shouldn't expect 100% of the data to be gathered on time if players aren't volunteering anymore, and Nexon doesn't provide enough images of new gachapon items on the gachapon page. These volunteers end up buying the new items from other players and taking the screenshots themselves, which as you can tell by the dwindling player economy is why it takes them time to get item data. Also it'll take additional time with the gambling nature of gachapons.
    [Deleted User]MediaKleptoEnziioChoppusticks猿仙人_SaruSenninTheNyanCatRerisuAlymereKitsuyashaAvan
  • ErydanosErydanos
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,295
    The Mabinogi World Wiki is just awesome!

Skills, items, maps...the amount of info is huge and all this is volunteer work. The basic stuff is already there. New stuff gets covered at a decent speed I think.
    [Deleted User]MediaKlepto猿仙人_SaruSenninAvanroseangel
  • taninotanino
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,685
    edited January 16, 2017
    Its probably noteworthy to mention that the wiki's url seems to have changed from http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/ to http://wiki.mabi.world/, oddly enough attempting to reach the old url will simply result in a url/server not found error. I dont really know if that's just a few people, but some have complained of this in the Discord servers I am in.
  • NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    edited January 16, 2017
    @tanino It isn't just you. The domain of mabinogiworld.com was never renewed and has been left to expire. Mabi.world on the otherhand doesn't expire until January of next year.

edit: nevermind. Seems renewed now. Ignore my message. XD
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited January 16, 2017
    Main link in OP still works, shouldn't be having any problems with it now.
    [Deleted User]
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Alright, I'll add both links into OP just incase.
    [Deleted User]
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    mkay, still leaving the FB page up just in case people have questions on why the links don't work.
    [Deleted User]
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Darkpixie99

> The volunteers try their best to keep up with new and recent events and updates.
    I'm not trying my best. :C

I started gathering info on the dungeon revamp some months ago because like ALL the mob and dungeon pages badly need updating, but there are so many different "editions" of each mob now and I got stumped because there's only so much data I can get hold of alone. Also I got busy with events and rl stuff so I don't have time to run dungeons lel

There is a forum on the wiki for discussing wiki updates. It's pretty dead but it doesn't have to be. Kadalyn is super nice and didn't even point out that I ghosted the dungeon update thread for like three months >3>

Now that Samhain is ending I might have more time to run dungeons, but I can't solonogi the 2-4 people versions. I don't know how to gather def/prot data (I can see that I do less damage to certain mobs, but I'm not sure how my weapon stats and crit factors into their def/prot/mdef/mprot/whatever and I need a number-crunching minmaxer to figure it out). My method of gaining passes doesn't drop Adv HM passes so I have nothing on those either, let alone Phantasm/Mirror.

It's been 5 months past the dungeon revamp, I'm waffling around, and no one else seems to be working on it.

Does anyone here want to help?
    Darkpixie99
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    I've been having trouble updating the wiki and was wondering if anyone knew what I could do to fix it. I want to upload some of the missing outfits and sets, but after I upload them they don't seem to link back to the original page, so the item picture is uploaded but it doesn't show it in the outfit page. I'd also like to know how to make pages for the missing items and sets if anyone has any insight into that.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Carlize
    Carlize said:

I've been having trouble updating the wiki and was wondering if anyone knew what I could do to fix it. I want to upload some of the missing outfits and sets, but after I upload them they don't seem to link back to the original page, so the item picture is uploaded but it doesn't show it in the outfit page. I'd also like to know how to make pages for the missing items and sets if anyone has any insight into that.
    --------
    I think the pages usually take a few minutes before they finally update to show the images. Hopefully your images have shown up by now.
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    @Shoog I just checked and they haven't shown up yet. But when I look at the pages where items will link there's a File Usage section and the picture links back to the item page. The File Usage is black in pages where the picture won't link back, and I can't find any way to edit it.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    I've started a thread for players too shy to volunteer themselves, but just want to help out. Not sure if one's already been made though. Going to add it into OP, and also going to try and link how to volunteer to the wiki in OP as well.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    It seems the thread link in OP for indirect screenshot posting was either locked or removed. I'd have to have @Shoog confirm it for me. Please learn basic page setup and take as many screenshots as you can in order to volunteer to the wiki. The forums may not be a very active medium to add in screenshots without volunteering or directly contacting a volunteer member. I know many of you may already have some of the items on red pages, but please make sure to at least apply for screenshot submissions, even if you wish to remain anon.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    the hardest part is measuring the dungeon changes since that huge patch

for example, now Normal Rundal is almost as hard as the Normal Hardmode one before the patch

and it is not even updated yet in both monster page and dungeon page

overall, the wiki is very neat compare to many other wiki site in other game
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited March 28, 2017
    Hazurah wrote: »
    the hardest part is measuring the dungeon changes since that huge patch
    for example, now Normal Rundal is almost as hard as the Normal Hardmode one before the patch
    and it is not even updated yet in both monster page and dungeon page
    overall, the wiki is very neat compare to many other wiki site in other game

Again, the large amount of volunteers in the past that had made super quick updates like some high aggro mob have now likely moved on with life, and any fresh blood is gratefully accepted. If anyone is willing to run dungeons to do the math, then please do volunteer. Unless Nexon NA has a relationship to Mabinogi World Wiki akin to Kingsisle and the Wizard101 Wiki, the data and media flow will be slow. I can't stress volunteering and submitting screenshots or data enough.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited May 21, 2019
    Page 1's Extended Guide Page

Shoog's Example Of Correct Image Submission
    Make sure to PM @Shoog or @Kadalyn for any further questions regarding image setup.
    View the dimensions, file type, and metadata in this link to see how an image on a Completed page should look.

Feel free to use this guide thread to ask any questions to page or image information which you can't find on the Wiki forums.
    I'm positive someone will respond with the answer you seek.

Who To Contact On The Wiki:
    Active Users List
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited April 1, 2017
    [Reserved for further thread status update]
    If-you-have-glasses-the-you-should-ajust-them-every-two-seconds-anime-31487393-500-281.gif

4/1/17 Status Update
    -Editing the edits, may be ongoing until everything's perfect.
    -Played around with the new format buttons, so please excuse the #SoProfesh way of the OP layout. It should be fixed now.
    -I've hit the character limit just by the alignment alone, and if I could post more image submission examples I would.
    -Just in case the old forum here gets deleted, I added something I couldn't fit into the OP in my first comment on page 3.
    (Tried to screenshot that comment Shoog, but it just didn't want to work for me. Quoting or editing a locked thread comment is impossible.) (I'll add a list of more Wiki Volunteer members you can contact for Q&A later)
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited May 21, 2019
    Oof, my guide needs guidance. Will have to update everything at some point.

5/21/2019 Status Update
    -Dead and broken links were snipped.
    -IRC Link has been removed due to it not being trusted on my computer. (Can add it again, if the link is ever updated.)
    -Discord convenience has been added.
    -Volunteer Information sounds more friendly, and informative.
    -Actively added in the link to the Active Users List
    -Any Wiki volunteers who DM me with additional information will be adhered to the best of my ability.
    -Glossary San wants Volunteer Senpai to notice her.
    Kensamaofmari
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited September 23, 2019
    9/23/2019 Status Update
    -Found a year old Wiki Tutorial on Youtube, will list more here as I find them.

Seven year old videos on how to super zoom: