Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Thank you Nexon for fixing the font!

Comments

• dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    Feels like load time for bringing up history takes 3 seconds instead of 8 or so
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    It seems it's not noticeable for the citizens of channel 1.
  • KikurikappaKikurikappa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    It really looks completely different for me.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    I see barely difference int he font, but the improvement for opening menus andbrowsing my inventory details has smoothened up by a lot.

As long as I'm not in channel 1 opening the chat log, other text related stuff loads quickly now.
  • IonIon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Can the people noticing a difference please take screenshots? A lot of people here aren't seeing any, and someone who can't see it even posted a comparison screenshot where I see no noticeable difference.
    Fweep
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Ion wrote: »
    Can the people noticing a difference please take screenshots? A lot of people here aren't seeing any, and someone who can't see it even posted a comparison screenshot where I see no noticeable difference.

Yeah, agree. I see no differences at all. I start to get feeling that people with mods or something like that sees difference in there.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited April 14, 2017
    Greta wrote: »

Yeah, agree. I see no differences at all. I start to get feeling that people with mods or something like that sees difference in there.

Let's not accuse people of things. Modding the game is against the Terms of Service.

With my experience with the font is that the chat log loads up much faster, even in places like Tara, which is a huge load sink. =T
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Leinei wrote: »

Let's not accuse people of things. Modding the game is against the Terms of Service.

With my experience with the font is that the chat log loads up much faster, even in places like Tara, which is a huge load sink. =T

Well i'm not accusing. Just guessing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• LeineiLeinei
    edited April 14, 2017

Well i'm not accusing. Just guessing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, I don't mod and I never have. As such, I don't appreciate the "guess" that just because people are noticing a difference with the game that they must be modding.

It's possible Nexon did some sort of system optimization on their end which allows for the chat log to load easier, or maybe they actually did change the font. Though I know my Inventory still takes more than a few seconds to load the first time I open it after I log in.

@Saygo Hey, Saygo, can you weigh in and say if something has been done?
  • Jag272Jag272
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    Ye I'm on the no noticable performance difference and no noticable visual difference side of things. As much as I would love to see the font fixed, still seems to be stalling menus and such like the message log for me.
    FweepGreta
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator

2qqGXol.png

Most hastily slapped-together thing, but it does seem to be very slightly different.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited April 15, 2017

Haven't modded in years.

Try again, -removed-.
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    It could be different for some people based on several factors (OS, Computer Build, perhaps even connection). I know that it used to take about 10 to 20 seconds for the Chat Log to appear, and now it only takes about 5 to 8 seconds, which is pretty significant for me considering I can play high settings without issues until I start messing with the Chat Log and other windows.
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited April 15, 2017
    Well, Greta basically "guessed" that anyone who is noticing a difference is a modder. I'm not too happy about the insinuation either as I've never modded period.

What I think may have happened was just some sort of optimization or something, but we won't know for sure unless Nexon comes out and says something. -shrugs-

Also, we did have a Windows Update recently, so maybe that had something to do with it too?
  • FweepFweep
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    edited April 14, 2017
    Refering back to my first post:
    Fweep wrote: »
    I had to pull up some old screenshots. I still don't see it.

6782eddc47.jpg

Top was during April Fools. Bottom was 5 minutes ago. Unless you mean the change was long ago.
    (I had a name color change pot during April Fools)

fa030b9a5a.gif

So again,

wat?

Also, I don't see a difference in lag. At all. Maybe it changed for a few people, which would be weird.
    Greta
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    i don't think it's a visual fix it's different optimizations
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    edited April 15, 2017
    Leinei wrote: »
    Try again, -removed-.

Well, Greta basically "guessed" that anyone who is noticing a difference is a modder. I'm not too happy about the insinuation either as I've never modded period.

I mean, yeah, of course, but no need to throw insults. (If that even counts).

I'd never really take being called a "modder" as somehow immediately negative in connotations, despite not doing it.
    Greta
  • Jag272Jag272
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    edited April 15, 2017
    I suppose it could just be optimisations affecting particularly low end hardware, since Falcon was saying its gone from 10-20 seconds to 5-8 seconds, whereas for me its always been a 3-4 second deal on my pc anyway. So perhaps those of us with more modern hardware simply aren't noticing the difference.

It seems pretty well proven from screenshots that the font isn't visually different though.
    GretaBuffalosFweep
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    I have not noticed anythiing different about it at all. The game never lagged for me when opening logs since the release of Alchemist, when they fixed the campfire freezing bug. Now those were dark times...

I might notice on my older PC tho, but no way to try and compare now.

If they actually did, neat!
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I'm confused. <_> Nothing changed for me either. Maybe I'm just slow to realizing change.