Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Thank you Nexon for fixing the font!

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited April 15, 2017
    Jag272 wrote: »
    I suppose it could just be optimisations affecting particularly low end hardware, since Falcon was saying its gone from 10-20 seconds to 5-8 seconds, whereas for me its always been a 3-4 second deal on my pc anyway. So perhaps those of us with more modern hardware simply aren't noticing the difference.

It seems pretty well proven from screenshots that the font isn't visually different though.

Older rigs might be the common factor since both my husband and I are noticing a difference in the load times and our computers are over four years old.
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    Jag272 wrote: »
    I suppose it could just be optimisations affecting particularly low end hardware, since Falcon was saying its gone from 10-20 seconds to 5-8 seconds, whereas for me its always been a 3-4 second deal on my pc anyway. So perhaps those of us with more modern hardware simply aren't noticing the difference.

It seems pretty well proven from screenshots that the font isn't visually different though.

My hardware is considered high-end (Custom built within last 2 years) and I've never had any issues with Mabi save the opening of the chatbox for whatever reason, and right now it's not bad at all, some times even near instant when in a not-so-populated area (Currently in Bangor testing the window opening, and it's near instant right now).
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    I do notice opening the windows does seem bit faster for me but I can't really see any difference in term of font. ):
    GretaAlmostNotsuperImaizumi
  • MyutoMyuto
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,335
    I didn't see any font changes...But I did notice a lil boost in performance...Maybe it was the windows update? Ionno :c
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Even with the font image examples posted here, I just can't seem to differentiate between any possible changes. x.x I have a decent gaming pc but do not notice any difference at all when I'm in game.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    *Meanwhile Nexon* "Huh...? What are they talking about?"
    [Deleted User]FweepIonBlissfulkillXiokunNilremHiroki05KaiityyZombiie
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    I never knew running in circles spamming the chat log key could be this fun.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Something was definitely fixed or altered, whether the difference is visual or in how it's processed, it definitely seems to have far fewer frame drops, whether it's loading the chat log or even loading the pet list.

I'd still like to see a 249_full.pack, but I will say that since the Launcher's introduction, the issues with so many .pack files and Mabi have certainly been greatly reduced.
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Is this a lie? I do not see any difference at all.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    edited April 17, 2017
    Also; on topic, I had an idea. What if they didn't fix the FONT but fix some other small bug in the game that would make the game run smoother? Something only those with maybe old, laggy computers would notice but the rest wouldn't? (For example; maybe how some people repeatedly stop in the middle of running for a hot second when they have those pink quest markers up?) That's just my guess.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 17, 2017
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Also; on topic, I had an idea. What if they didn't fix the FONT but fix some other small bug in the game that would make the game run smoother? Something only those with maybe old, laggy computers would notice but the rest wouldn't? (For example; maybe how some people repeatedly stop in the middle of running for a hot second when they have those pink quest markers up?) That's just my guess.

I would love them to finally fix Alexina's L-rod glitched quest... That would be a miracle. Also bring back Atelia... I want my daily Clovers, VIP passes and Festia Boxes. It appears that she was glitched before she was gone. Players were able to see fortune from her with no limits, abusing rewards that way. That's why Nexon were forced to kidnap Atelia.

dowie
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Greta wrote: »
    Xiokun wrote: »

I would love them to finally fix Alexina's L-rod glitched quest... That would be a miracle. Also bring back Atelia... I want my daily Clovers, VIP passes and Festia Boxes. It appears that she was glitched before she was gone. Players were able to see fortune from her with no limits, abusing rewards that way. That's why Nexon were forced to kidnap Atelia.

Break out the clover pets and make some gd 300 pots lazy asses!
    [Deleted User]
  • FilthyRedDevilFilthyRedDevil
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    As someone who has a potato desktop.........No changes matter, I'll still lag like hell