Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Ace Talents; What skills would I get?

LamiarisLamiaris
Mabinogi Rep: 200
edited April 15, 2017 in Help
Currently, I have Lexiaris; your average-Jane of an elf with some skill in magic, puppetry and whatnot; I'm thinking about buying Pons so that I can create (or rebirth) a character that uses one of the Ace talents; either Druid, or Vates;

If I rebirthed (or created) a character into say for example, Druid, would I get all of the magic skills? Or if I rebirthed (or created) a character under the Vates Ace talent, would I get all of the related skills?

trying to decide between the two.
  1. Vates, or Druid?4 votes
    1. Druid/ Magic?
       100% (4 votes)
    2. or Vates/ Alchemy?
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    If you rebirth into Druid, you would get:
    -Meteor Smash
    -Snapcast
    -Spellwalk

If you rebirth into Vates, you would get:
    -Hydra Transmutation
    -Golden Time
    -Elemental Wave

The decision is up to you, but with Vates/alchemy, I believe the only skill you'll have to collect pages to put in a book for is Shock to rank it up from Novice, whereas with Druid/magic you have to collect pages for 3 books, plus an exploration journal in order to get intermediate spells. If you don't have those intermediate spells yet, I would suggest Vates, but if you do, I would suggest Druid.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited April 16, 2017
    Building on top of what @Yokkaichi said
    One reason to get an Ace talent is to get the skills that (normally) you randomly get from doing some repetitive soul rending grinding.

Snapcast is randomly obtained by using magic. This isn't too bad if you use a chaincasting ice wand and spam icebolt. Meteor and Spellwalk are quest rewards when you reach a level of certain skills. Spellwalk requires rank 9 Meditation and rank 1 Magic Mastery and gather 100 eggs, potatos and firewood (easy). Meteor requires rank 1 Fire Mastery, Firebolt and Fireball. Meteor also needs you to use firebolt 100 times EACH on Fire Sprites, Balrogs and Dragons (the dragon in the "Crumena on the Rampage" mission form Saga II will count) and finally, get the kill on a Red Dragon (get the most hits on it) (I am not sure if there are any shortcuts for this).

Hydra Transmutation just needs you to have rank 3 Guard Cylinder Mastery. Elemental Wave is obtained by using Chain Cylinder (another skill that is obtained by randomly using battle alchemy). Golden Time is also randomly obtained by using Elemental Wave. This needing-one-skill-to-spam to another will get tedious since they all have a hefty cooldown time. In terms of getting difficult-to-get skills, getting Vates will save you from three random skill-gets (Chain Cylinder -> Elemental Wave -> Golden Time).

Each Ace Talent will alleviate you from some form of an eye-popping requirement, you can choose based off that or y'know with whichever skill you will use more, magic or battle alchemy.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Lamiaris wrote: »
    If I rebirthed (or created) a character into say for example, Druid, would I get all of the magic skills? Or if I rebirthed (or created) a character under the Vates Ace talent, would I get all of the related skills?
    Sorry for doubleposting but I need to address this.
    -Rebirthing into an Ace Talent will only get you the three skills associated with the talent. Druid having snapcast, meteor and spellwalk and Vates having Elemental Wave, Golden Time and Hydra Transmutation.
    -Creating a new character with a free card (I do not think this works anymore after the "no more basic/premium character cards" update) also only give you one of the three skills (snapcast for druid and hydra for vates) and novice rank of some basic skills that would require you to do a basic quest (like fusion bolt for druids and flame burst for vates) or generation quests (like barrier spike and life drain for vates).
    -Using a Hero or an Elite Hero card will give you the three associated skills and a plethora of other skills including the three intermediate magics for Druids and Shock for Vates.
    Lamiaris