Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Is there any way around G10 crashing client?

CawaicaCawaica
Mabinogi Rep: 100
edited April 16, 2017 in Technical Support
So I've been playing through the generations, and just finished G9 earlier this morning, all pumped and ready to get demigod, but Leymore's RP, the first quest in G10, causes the client to automatically crash after the cutscene. Apparently, this is a well know bug, as the Mabi wiki says that the quest is undoable. http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Leymore's_Investigation_Log

"This Shadow Mission is currently impassable, as an unknown, fatal error occurs at the end of the introductory cutscene when one attempts to skip or complete the cutscene.

Can sometimes be fixed by playing in full screen mode, or altering graphic settings."

I already play in Fullscreen mode since it's easier on video processing as a general performance rule, and I've seen people activate demigod, so I know they've been able to complete G10! Why can't I?! D: It looks like the Wiki's page was last updated in 2014, so if they haven't fixed it in 3 years, I imagine waiting for them to patch it probably isn't the most viable option/isn't probably actually going to ever happen at this point. Please all G10 completionistsististsistsists...ists! If you've got any work around that will allow me to still earn my wings, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks a ton!

Comments

• TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    edited April 16, 2017
    That must be a very frustrating issue to have come across. As far as I'm aware this issue only affects people that are using Intel Integrated Graphics. You may be able to get around it by playing in Windowed mode, which contrary to the way that it works in other titles, improves stability in Mabi without a performance penalty that is measurable. More information on that topic can be found under the thread full screen problems also located in Technical Support.
    If that doesn't help, it may be necessary to have more information about your computer to make a sound suggestion or recreate the problem.
    Cawaica
  • CawaicaCawaica
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    edited April 16, 2017
    Multiposts have been merged.

Tsumuku wrote: »
    That must be a very frustrating issue to come across. It is interesting that they have that on the Wiki, as I haven't seen that error before. Being a Royal Alchemist, I have helped several people through G10 and not come across that.
    Can you provide more information about your computer, as well as a screen shot of your graphics settings? If you're using Intel Integrated graphics, or a laptop utilizing Nvidia Optimus, try turning off shadows. If that doesn't work you can try lowering all graphics settings/disabling additional features.
    Also, it may be worth playing in Windowed mode, Mabi isn't graphically demanding by any stretch of the imagination, and it doesn't suffer slow downs when in Windowed vs Fullscreen. This has been a point of content for a while with several people in the community claiming that Fullscreen makes the game play better of faster. More on this matter can be found in another thread in Technical Support called full screen problems

Sure! I took a screeny, and here is a link via puush of my specs http://puu.sh/vml3O/a994323914.png

Here's some more graphical information if it helps any http://puu.sh/vml9D/5621048f5c.png

and here is a shot of my in-game settings: http://puu.sh/vmljI/6d475a854e.jpg

I juuust set it to windowed mode, like you suggested, and hopefully that will help. Keeping my fingers crossed! Thanks for any help!

a994323914.png
    5621048f5c.png
    6d475a854e.jpg

Trying the insert image option so you won't have to open a crapton of tabs. Hopefully it'll work, bear with me, I'm new to foruming!

Hey! I just wanted to let you know that I got it working! I

Kept the game in Fullscreen mode.
    Turned off ALL shaders and FX.
    HAD to skip the cutscene. If you let the cutscenes play through, it'll still close your client. I tested this 3 times to make sure. Thank you very much for the help! Going to look up what I missed on Youtube in a bit and hopefully get my wings!
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    Great to hear. I couldn't check the images being at work, so it would have had to wait until I got home otherwise.