Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Help with armor? Need suggestions/tips!

CradlesongCradlesong
Mabinogi Rep: 740
in Help
So... I've played this game for a long time now, but truth be told I was never a super serious player. It was mostly a game where I felt like I could unwind and just goof around with friends on. But as of late I've wanted to push myself to being a bit more serious about the game and that means getting serious about putting myself on the line in battles that may or may not get me killed. With that being said... I need armor! What I've got I'm not even sure where I got it but I know for certain it doesn't suffice anymore. I want to be more daring and actually feel like I don't totally stink at this game LOL

So with that being said, can anyone help by suggesting some armor for me? I'll answer any questions I need to if there's more to it than meets the eye; but I'm mostly looking for something good for defense! I play a female elf! Any help is definitely welcome! I apologize if this all sounds kinda noob-y, but I don't know the first thing about good gear haha...

Comments

• FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    Depends on your play style, to be honest.

As an archer, I usually stay light armor but as melee or tank, I go heavy armor. Magic i use the mana redux Karis set. So, yeah... Need a little bit more info ^^;

I do know, however, that elves get a significantly large penalty with heavy armor as opposed to humans and giants who use heavy armors. Just something to keep in mind.
  • CradlesongCradlesong
    Mabinogi Rep: 740
    Falcondae wrote: »
    Depends on your play style, to be honest.

As an archer, I usually stay light armor but as melee or tank, I go heavy armor. Magic i use the mana redux Karis set. So, yeah... Need a little bit more info ^^;

I do know, however, that elves get a significantly large penalty with heavy armor as opposed to humans and giants who use heavy armors. Just something to keep in mind.

I'll look into the mana redux Karis set then and see if it's suitable for me since anything having to do with magic/mana would likely be pretty good bet for me as I plan to main mage and do a bit of healing arts on the side.