Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Blacksmith Mini Game: Cursor Jumping

RedNightSkyRedNightSky
Mabinogi Rep: 1,100
edited May 5, 2023 in Bugs and Glitches
Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeYfq2gaV5U

I've been trying to craft using blacksmith, but the result is the worst quality, because of the cursor jumping more than electrons. Unless the game is suppose to be teach us the principles of Quantum Physics, i say this looks like a major glitch.

Details:
The blacksmith mini game requires to click over the center of the red spots inside the black square. Normally, the cursor could jump around once in a while as a common game difficulty to acquire a good roll on craft stats. The issue in this case is that the cursor is not stable at all, resulting in exaggerated rate of cursor jumps caused by the mini game, as the video link shows, which is not normal, and it makes impossible to get anything that is not the worst roll. This issue is currently happening regardless of what I use (different USB mouse, touch pad, windows update, Drivers Update, etc). There is no other software running, and there is no detail that suggest that the game is suppose to behave this way.
Judging by my past experiences when the mini game was working normal, the rate of the Cursor Jumping was not even often enough to notice it (Approximated rate 1%). The current rate appears to be 100% of the time.

Reviewed:
1. Current Blacksmith Rank: 1
2. Current Computer Drivers Updated

Server: Alexina
By: Red
  1. Has anyone had this issue before?9 votes
    1. Yes
       100% (9 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Man, I wish we had the previous thread of this issue from the old forum. I think someone stated this issue was due to the type of pc mouse being used to play Mabi? Hopefully someone will chime in who remembers. Ty for posting this report!

@암호
  • RedNightSkyRedNightSky
    If anyone has this issue, please let us know here by answering the survey on the top. Feel free to give some comments that help us find more details. Thanks!
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,095
    are you useing mods... because your timer is not going down at all... i just smithed a turn of battle swords and did not have this problem with an unmoded game
  • ShoogShoog
    edited April 19, 2017
    Ah, totally spazzed and didn't notice that. OP, please see if you still have this issue with a clean client. If the issue still remains, then please post a new video of it. I'll place this in the incomplete section for now.
  • 암호암호
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,085
    edited April 19, 2017

It's an old video, but it still shows the glitch. I haven't checked recently if it's still around, but I assume so if people are still reporting it.
  • ShoogShoog
    Thank you for helping with this!
  • RedNightSkyRedNightSky
    edited April 20, 2017
    Sgiathach wrote: »
    are you useing mods... because your timer is not going down at all... i just smithed a turn of battle swords and did not have this problem with an unmoded game

There are no mods on my client!
    The timer wasn't going down because the time bar had fully ran out by the time i took the video. However, the issue persisted exactly the same way.
    Shoog wrote: »
    Ah, totally spazzed and didn't notice that. OP, please see if you still have this issue with a clean client. If the issue still remains, then please post a new video of it. I'll place this in the incomplete section for now.

I wish to request permission to restore the link to the video originally posted. I confirm and can proof that my client and the video does not display nor contain mods of any type at all.

Please provide me with the required confirmation steps if necessary.

Thanks
  • ShoogShoog
    I apologize for that accusation. After watching the video a couple times initially, I thought the minigame wasn't at its end and the final process was still in the middle of being completed. Certain mods can do things (that we aren't allowed to discuss on the forum). Then, when making a bug report, a report will be considered invalid if modded images or videos are used as evidence.

Do you still have the video url? Unfortunately, I do not have a way to add the video back into your post since the url is no longer showing on my side, but if you have the link, you should be able to edit your first post and place it back in there.

I'll also PM you here on the forum.