Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Glitching textures?

ChaikatChaikat
Mabinogi Rep: 1,110
in Technical Support
every time i play mabi after a few hours my textures begin to glitch horribly and the game crashes. i always have to repair my game afterwards lol... but is there anything i can do to fix this >-< its super annoying theres been so many times ill crash when using an elite pass and it drives me crazy

Comments

• TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    I would hate to come across an issue that was making me waste Elite passes.
    This may be best set for Technical Support, as it isn't a widely reported/spread issue.

That being said, without more information about your computer it will be incredibly hard to help. Texture corruption usually relates to your graphics card/adapter. I would be quick to suggest possibly trying a different version of driver for you video card, however with the mention of needing to repair the game every time it lessens that as being a likely cause of the error. If the data is constantly becoming corrupt, that could be the result of a failing HDD or a really terrible anti-virus (the likes of which hasn't been seen since the early 90s).
    Chaikat
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    With that you're using, it may be the video drivers, especially if you've opted to move to Windows 10. Sometimes an older version may help. It is also an issue with the Pro/Elite book line with integrated graphics that they don't like to use the adaptive refresh rate for power scaling. It should be in the Intel Control panel.
    Making sure that the drivers are up to date may help. In some cases, choosing an older driver has been found to help as well.

But none of that would explain why you would have to repair the installation every time unless your hard drive is failing.
    Chaikat
  • ChaikatChaikat
    edited April 23, 2017
    not even sure if it makes a difference tbh but every time i repair the installation it finds some to repair q.q dont think my hard drive is failing xdd
    im not very smart lol but im in the graphics control panel what exactly should i do >-< I found something that says refresh rate assuming thats what you were referring too but its a drop down box with only one setting >.< ill make sure my drivers are up to date now and get back to you
    edit: appears to be up to date :o
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    In the driver control panel it varies what you need to click on by driver version and operating system. It should be somewhere in power saving settings that it offers to adjust the refresh rate when on battery.
    To rule out needing to repair the installation everytime, can we go a few times between and make sure that the game closing is enough to resolve the issue, because it may place us on the right track.
    I know that Intel has a long standing issue with some of the shaders that this game uses, as well as it's textures. It may be worth while to go into the game settings and adjust all graphics options to their lower settings, as well as making sure shadows are off.
    Chaikat
  • ChaikatChaikat
    theres not really much under the power tab for me >.< ill take screenshots of whats there... nothing about the refresh rate q.q
    http://prntscr.com/f0e37e
    http://prntscr.com/f0e37e
    next time it crashes ill make sure i dont repair it and tell you how it runs afterwards. my graphics are also already at the lowest
    it might be worth mentioning my pc is running on 32 bit xd... i have a lot of memory error crashes but idk if its why my textures glitch out q.q hope not v-v
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    The fact that hit is running on a 32-bit version of Windows would not be a reason for it to act the way that it is acting, however the second part of that statement does hold a little bit of information that may be useful. When using the integrated graphics on your computer, you're sharing your system's ram with the graphics adapter. The amount that is shared has been dynamically allocated since the release of Windows Vista. But if you're frequently encountering memory errors, that may indicate that you don't have enough RAM for everything that you're doing, or that the RAM that you have is starting to have issues. There are several tests that can be performed on RAM, but the most reliable ones are performed before Windows (or any Operating System) is loaded on the computer. You can try checking the EFI (BIOS) on your system (please consult the manual, or you may have to wait a while for me to get a copy of the manual to further assist with how to access this) to see if it has a built in test as many do. However, if you're not fortunate enough to have one built in, you may need to make a MemTest 86 boot device (guides can be found in plenty on Google, but let me know if you need help).
    That being said, it wouldn't be a bad thing to get a little more RAM, but at the same time to take advantage of it you would need to install a 64 bit operating system.
    Would you mind sending a screenshot of the issue, or a picture if you can't capture it on the computer when the glitch happens?
    Chaikat
  • ChaikatChaikat
    i should have enough ram (4gb) >.< i think i have more ram on this laptop than my old pc that ran the game w/o texture issues... the memory error is because of the 32-bit system im pretty sure v.v (i mean you would definately know more than me but i googled it and some friends told me that win 32-bit has a lot of memory issues as well xD..)
    hvent been on mabi tonight but as soon as it happens ill be sure to take a picture but for now ill explain it in more detail?
    typically after a while of playing my textures mess up sometimes the wrong texture will be in a place (for instance my cherry blossom tree in my homestead had the texture of like.. what appeared to be candy hs items or something similar? o.o) or like yesterday a weird white line was on top of my screen.. most commonly though my characters clothing will all disappear and anything under the clothing is transparent as well lol and will flash along with other characters. after ths happens i know ill crash shortly especially if im moving the camera around/moving ect but the error is like "mabinogi has stopped working" when its a memory error is says somethign like "not enough memory" and closes.
    and also im really slow when it comes to computers as i said before so i would probably need the guide/manual if you really think its my ram q.q;; i ahve no problems with other games just mabi v.v except for the occasional memory error which i still think is my 32-bit system
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabi is a 32-bit game, and the reason that 32-bit systems encounter more memory errors is they're limited to 3.5GB usable ram without some trickery known as Physical Address Extension to try to expand it to be usable closer to the 4GB theoretical limit.
    This may be responsible for the graphics corruption, or it may not. With my experience using a 2-in-1 to play Mabi for a little while during travel, I would venture to say it is not likely to be an issue with 32-bit in and of itself. The specs of your laptop are greater than that of my portable which has an Intel Atom with 2GB RAM.
    It has been my experience with Mabi that it is very taxing on system resources, while not being seemingly so. It is an inside joke amount myself and friends that Mabinogi is a better tool for testing an overclock than anything else out there because if there is any instability, Mabi will find it and crash. It is not an error tolerant game at all.
    I've seen the issue that you're describing previously. I had a laptop with a 3rd Gen i5, and recall seeing that happen once or twice. I can't recall if it was the upgrade to 16GB RAM or drivers that ended up putting a stop to that. It's been several years now.
    Chaikat
  • ChaikatChaikat
    aw >.< i guess ill have to deal with it then u.u thank you