Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Character deleted due to inactivity

WallhitterWallhitter
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in Help
Hello, my Wife (Availya on Alexina) tried to log in today and found out all her characters have been deleted, she hasn't played since 2015. She has only ever had one account, both her and I remember the user name and password for her account, no problem remembering the secondary password she set. However it takes her to the new character creation screen upon login. Unless someone hacked her account, her characters must have been deleted for inactivity. We got an email from Nexon saying her account has been de-activated due to inactivity in 11/28/2015, but it also said no changes were made to her in-game characters. So we sent a support ticket up to Nexon about 5 minutes ago.

Has this happened to anyone else? I feel really bad for her :'(

Comments

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Hopefully support will be able to resolve the issue. I've heard of this happening from time to time and I believe the players this happened to were able to resolve the issue with the support ticket, so it's good that you guys submitted one already. Hopefully things work out and she will be back in game soon. :) Good luck!
  • WallhitterWallhitter
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Thanks, that's reassuring! We will keep our fingers crossed because we love to play mabi from time to time!
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    I have known Nexon to make accounts locked due to inactivity, in which case you should get some kind of a message and a way to unlock them. It's what I did because I was gone for 2 years too. I have never heard of them deleting characters, though.

I did accidentally create a new account while trying to log in and so thought that my characters had been deleted when, in reality, I was just looking at a brand new account. I don't know how I did this, but double check and make sure that your log in details are perfect and that you also did not create a new account by accident with similar (but not exact) log in details.
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    I have multiple logins for visits to other servers that I have done over the years. I have let these accounts set for long periods of time (upwards of 5 years on one account at a point) and not encountered any issues with missing characters. I'm sure that you'll be able to get this situation resolved as it isn't likely that the character was deleted.