Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Something needs to be done about housing

AgentJeanAgentJean
Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
edited December 17, 2016 in General Chat
I was evicted from my house in Dugald because the lease expired and there is nothing available right now(not until Monday anyways)
What's really messed up is over in Sen Mag there are 256 vacant houses but NOTHING for auction. Only 7 houses are occupied and those are probably reserved for the Guild that owns that castle. That castle is still owned so there is no excuse for this other than Guilds blocking off houses to keep non-guild members out of the housing area.

Edit:" I tried to post a screenshot but the forums don't like it. :/

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Yeah it's not against any rules. Find housing elsewhere.
    [Deleted User]
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    AgentJean
    AgentJean said:

Pictures work similar to the old forums. First upload it to a 3rd party site and copy the link to it. Then click the little 'image' icon (looks like a photo) and a window will popup. Paste the link to your uploaded pic in the box and click the button. It will create all the needed code for you.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    edited December 17, 2016
    It's not against the rules, but as far as I understand, neither is price forgery, auction forgery, PvP locking, or scamming.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    While it's not against any rules, it's unnecessarily rude. Best you can do is what others have told you and find housing elsewhere, unfortunately.
  • CassaCassa
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,305
    What proof do you have that they are doing it on purpose?

1. Houses that are up for bid go to the highest bidder. The guild that owns the castle has no sway on what people are bidding, they can't see what's been bid for the house, they can't block people from bidding, etc. The only sway they do have is timing of the bids which stay on the board for a full 7 days (plenty of time for other people outside of the guild to bid).

2. It doesn't really benefit the guild at all to only have their members owning houses since they make very little money back that way and members can donate gold to the guild in other ways. Castles can cost a lot of gold, a lot of time to build and quite a few resources.

3. If you were evicted it was for 1 of 2 reasons. Either you failed to pay your rent in time and got kicked out or your lease ran out after the 30 days which happens with every house.

Our guild has owned the castle on Tarlach server a number of times. One of the times I was directly involved in rebuilding a housing area a previous guild had completely destroyed. At the time I recall needing service to work with the houses (though I can't recall if that was just for rebuilding or if it was required for putting them up for bid as well - perhaps someone else can clarify). I remember at least that part clearly because only a few of us could do it because only a few of us had service.

It's also time consuming if you happen to have a lot of houses to put up since you have to individually select them and put them up. When we knew we were going after a particular housing district a lot of our members waited to bid on houses and moved districts to that district to support our guild. We also tried our best to make sure houses were always up for bidding in different areas at different times.

That being said it can be really easy to forget to put houses up for sale at regular intervals if life ends up getting in the way for the people responsible for doing so. Without knowing the full story it's hard to assume anything. Have you tried reaching out to any of the members of this guild and asking why houses aren't going up for sale? Have you seen evidence of them bragging about not doing it?

If they are indeed guilty and you have evidence of that then I'd suggest you file a ticket with that evidence against them because it could easily be seen as a sign of grieving. However if you don't have evidence then you are demonizing a guild that doesn't necessarily deserve it and should probably ask them about it before making assumptions.
    mintiel
  • TentacleTentacle
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,070
    Housing should be separated from the castle, with all houses available for purchase at any given time as long as they are empty.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    The legality of an action should not determine its morality. Just saying. It is not like Nexon hasn't tried for us to swing one way or another in terms of moral standing. We are worlds apart from Eve Online.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    they should do what arche age does

lots of anywhere housing in specialized zones

then houses tited to castle regions for castle profits

then space only people in guild of castle owners can lives in
    Darkpixie99
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    Liyeta said:

Hmm~ they can do that since it is their castle for two month.
    Maybe try other housing area ?
    Same story at Cullin and Abh Neg. Over 200 houses vacant but not a single 1 for rent. Considering that Housing is a VIP service it shouldn't be this much of a hassle to find 1.
    Reapermaya
  • VengenciaVengencia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    edited December 18, 2016
    Hmmmm, its probably time for a change in housing rules for Nexon. Some might not like this idea but perhaps, make the requirements easier for a guild to get a castle and build it, considering theres very little competition for housing on any of the servers (from what I can tell). Perhaps shorten the bidding process to 72 hours (rather than 7 days) after the castle crumbles and get rid of the pain in the butt phase three. Also, make it so that house bid ends in 72 hours (rather than 7 days). Make it so that when the guild wins the castle, 20 random houses go up for auction right then. Just some ideas Nexon :)
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
    I would say that, in general, the housing system needs fixed. Here's some ideas...

1. Higher money storage in houses. Unfortunately, with how the game's economy has inflated, 5m doesn't cut it anymore. I recall reading that in KR, the housing limit was raised to 50m (and you also got 10m bank storage per character... as well as the ability to withdraw your alts' Advance Play via the bank... but that's a separate issue)

2. Shorter auction time. When I used to hunt for houses, it was annoying to have to wait a full week for an auction to close. Like @Vengencia above said, 72 hours would be better.

3. Automatically re-list houses for auction. Know why you have so many houses NOT for sale? Because often, the guild leadership FORGETS to list houses for auction. For those who've never managed a housing district, you have to MANUALLY list each house for auction, AND you have to redo it each time the house doesn't sell.

4. Remove the ability to demolish houses. There really is no purpose when there's a "remodel" option. All it results in some idiots wrecking housing districts (happened THREE times on Mari).

5. Actually SHOW if a house is being bid on or not. What a pain to bid on something, not even knowing someone else bid higher! You lose, and then you have to wait some more for ANOTHER auction to close.

And there's probably more ways it can be "fixed" than I can think of.
    DaktaroEmerisSpiritika
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Alexina was like this for a while when at least two of the districts were owned by people who tore down everything and were somehow able to rebuy each of their castles with zero housing residents. That shouldn't be allowed to happen.
    Cassa
    Cassa said:

That being said it can be really easy to forget to put houses up for sale at regular intervals if life ends up getting in the way for the people responsible for doing so. Without knowing the full story it's hard to assume anything. Have you tried reaching out to any of the members of this guild and asking why houses aren't going up for sale? Have you seen evidence of them bragging about not doing it?
    I would understand forgetting to put up a few houses for sale each week, but if there are over two hundred built homes that aren't for sale this isn't being forgetful.

• SeikoSeiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    edited December 20, 2016
    AgentJean
    AgentJean said:

I was evicted from my house in Dugald because the lease expired and there is nothing available right now(not until Monday anyways)
    What's really messed up is over in Sen Mag there are 256 vacant houses but NOTHING for auction. Only 7 houses are occupied and those are probably reserved for the Guild that owns that castle. That castle is still owned so there is no excuse for this other than Guilds blocking off houses to keep non-guild members out of the housing area.

What server are you on (forgets everything) >//<
    MetalChaos
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Tentacle
    Tentacle said:

Housing should be separated from the castle, with all houses available for purchase at any given time as long as they are empty.
    This. #nomorehousingshortage2k17

Actually a better idea that would be kind of cool. There should be a castle owned by the GM's on each server. They could maintain housing at all times and leave the other castles to other guilds.
  • CassaCassa
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,305
    @Buffalos - It's unlikely but again not impossible. There are several scenarios that can happen that could cause what's happening to occur. I just mentioned one of them. If people aren't online when the castle is built and/or won then without communication they'd have no idea they even own the castle. If only a few people do know about it and those people get caught up with real life stuff (because let's face it this is a busy time for a lot of people) and figure others in the guild are taking on the responsibility then it gets forgotten about. Irresponsible? Yes. Malicious? No. I'm simply pointing out that people shouldn't jump to conclusions that this was done with malicious intent without first talking to people in the guild. We can play the what-if scenarios over and over in our heads (either for or against the guild) but without hearing both sides of the story it's impossible to know what the real truth is.

On Tarlach even if all the houses are put up for bid periodically throughout the entire life of the castle we still don't make close to the gold we used to bid and the resources we spent on building the castle. When someone had destroyed all the houses across various districts in one swoop on our server, the cost was enormous to rebuild. That's a lot of gold that a lot of generous people will not get back from castle profits. The worst part is that someone could once again come and destroy them all again unless good guilds mount enough competition to prevent this. Having houses not up for sale really bites but it could be so much worse.

So I think housing overall needs a major revamp. Both for house owners and castle owners. If you're going to charge people real-life money to use housing then housing should at least be on par with the free options. It could be argued that Belvast shops and Kiosks can compete with houses on the pros but when it comes to the cons there are far more where housing is concerned. That shouldn't be for a paid service.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    @Cassa I mean I guess that could happen. But I really doubt that all but 7 of the occupied houses from before the transfer happened would have ended before OP looked into that district's housing occupancies, leaving only the 7 filled homes they saw. I jump to conclusions based on the actual odds of something like this happening, which I can say are pretty slim.
  • AxelrodAxelrod
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,165
    Housing is such a treat. I'm glad I haven't had to deal with it in about a year.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Axelrod
    Axelrod said:

Housing is such a treat. I'm glad I haven't had to deal with it in about a year.
    Sure is, I don't have to deal with it at all since I never get service. That said....they should really make housing available to everyone otherwise the market for housing is pretty shot. Like they said...not many ppl get service to own a house much to make it worth while. I remember a few years back that a lot of the guilds would own the castle and housing and never put up a house......ever. It was more to run the castle dungeon and sell profits from there and other places.