Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

elf player apologitics

justshowingjustshowing
Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
edited May 5, 2017 in Alexina Chat
Hi! i wanted to talk about the social problems about the games fantasy racial disputes between the three. and how i seen it in my time playing as a elf.

even though pvp and evg fighting has died down to near extinction. there's still social disputes in the game as well as passive aggressiveness from favored races.

for now i want to talk about the passive agressiveness i've seen in marketing that i always seen.

passive aggressiveness against elves i've seen like this as an example:
he sells a crash shot reforge equipment thats human/giant only. where as he would have gotten a larger audience to come for his item if he made it for human/elf.

another passive agressive move that i've seen is with PvE, when others use there reforged final hit skill when i use my final shot skill. making any efforts i do useless.

I don't pvp as much as I used to, only if it's another elf friend so its more fair with elf vs elf.
because i find myself unable to trust any humans or giants with duel swords or blunts or knuckles to not abuse final hit or fighter skill chain exploits.

loud and idiotic elves tend to be the ones who represent all the other players who choose elves as there main to other players who main as the other two.
and i wish this would stop. But i would be too easy..

I feel like i'm asking too much from others for a little respect sometimes cause.. well its the internet. lol
respect doesn't exsist on the most part of the internet XD

the point is this. don't sacrifice a good deal over fantasy racism please? specially if you'd get money faster in the long run.

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I really have not seen any racial hatred in a long time.

EVG is no holds bars, but PVP rules has some legitimacy, especially considering the racial exploits against other races. What is an elf going to do with a human who uses final hit off the bat?

In any case, you should establish rules before the fight, and not be butthurt when people use those skills when you do not announce those skills being against the rules.

However, I would time Final Shot to be against foes like Merrow or The Basilisk. or perhaps a Dragon, but that is just me
  • justshowingjustshowing
    pvp isn't really what i was focused on when i posted it.

when i see a human/giant only helmet with archery reforges. i can only assume its gear toward a biased player.
    the other two examples were just thrown in there that i had issues with before.

its just the helmet for humans only with archery reforges i've seen a number of times.
    edited April 28, 2017

when i see a human/giant only helmet with archery reforges. i can only assume its gear toward a biased player.

its just the helmet for humans only with archery reforges i've seen a number of times.

Is it possible that it is an equipment dropped from the gachapon automatically rank 1 reforged, such as Dark Knight Helms? I find easier to believe it is more a matter of a lack of consideration than outright racial spite, especially when this move limits the playerbase that can use it, and thus its marketvalue. For that reason, I see more reason not to do it, than do it. Then there are others who merely reforge with their own character in mind, then resell those later.

I mean, who cares about spiting a group of players over such meaningless crap, that hurts their chances of selling a product?

It is not like guilds have not usually been multiracial, and any character who goes out of their way to be an ass wasn't promptly kicked.
  • justshowingjustshowing
    I guess i am over analyzing it.
    It still sucks that i see it happening all the time though
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Maybe it's just 'cause I don't often interact with other players, but I think you're really reaching with everything except this:
    another passive agressive move that i've seen is with PvE, when others use there reforged final hit skill when i use my final shot skill. making any efforts i do useless.

And I don't think that has anything to do with your being an elf (except for the fact that FH is a human only skill). In my experience, a lot of people just like to overkill stuff before I can get to it, even going out of their way to kill my target when there are others closer to them (I've actually failed dailies because of this, it was hilarious). It's not a racial thing, more of a show off thing. Best thing to do is to just sit back and let them use their durability and potions (and occasionally die).
  • justshowingjustshowing
    Maybe it's just 'cause I don't often interact with other players, but I think you're really reaching with everything except this:

And I don't think that has anything to do with your being an elf (except for the fact that FH is a human only skill). In my experience, a lot of people just like to overkill stuff before I can get to it, even going out of their way to kill my target when there are others closer to them (I've actually failed dailies because of this, it was hilarious). It's not a racial thing, more of a show off thing. Best thing to do is to just sit back and let them use their durability and potions (and occasionally die).

well when i posted that i mean.

Only when i use final shot. Then they use final hit. Making my efforts fruitless and lack luster. i still call this passive aggression? or maybe calling it that is too far. maybe like, just being rude? i'm not sure but its really disheartening :(
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775

EVG is no holds bars, but PVP rules has some legitimacy, especially considering the racial exploits against other races. What is an elf going to do with a human who uses final hit off the bat?

In any case, you should establish rules before the fight, and not be butthurt when people use those skills when you do not announce those skills being against the rules.

However, I would time Final Shot to be against foes like Merrow or The Basilisk. or perhaps a Dragon, but that is just me

I have never really cared what race another player chooses as all races have good and bad qualities. all 3 of my teachers in mabi were elves and all of them could easily kick my butt XD rules of pvp should always be discussed before the match begins as not everyone may be aware of the general rules players follow for pvp and some players may have different rules to pvp. one of my elf friends wanted me to go all out using demigod or fh. when I was still new to mabi and super new to pvp one of my friends begged me to pvp with her and she had been playing at least 2 years so finally she made me feel guilty enough to fight her even though I didn't want to. never said any rules at all even though I made it clear I was new to pvp and she got super mad I used fh. don't blame others cause you follow a silent code of pvp rules and don't say anything before the match XD
  • justshowingjustshowing
    alrighty. I guess I just ran into bad people then. and I was just being a Debbie downer.

thanks for responding everyone :)
    Negumiko wrote: »

I have never really cared what race another player chooses as all races have good and bad qualities. all 3 of my teachers in mabi were elves and all of them could easily kick my butt XD rules of pvp should always be discussed before the match begins as not everyone may be aware of the general rules players follow for pvp and some players may have different rules to pvp. one of my elf friends wanted me to go all out using demigod or fh. when I was still new to mabi and super new to pvp one of my friends begged me to pvp with her and she had been playing at least 2 years so finally she made me feel guilty enough to fight her even though I didn't want to. never said any rules at all even though I made it clear I was new to pvp and she got super mad I used fh. don't blame others cause you follow a silent code of pvp rules and don't say anything before the match XD

It seems you are the one complaining, in which case, you should be the one to establish basic rules about what is and is not allowed, hence why I stated one should not be butthurt when people do not abide by rules they do not know, in which case, based on your post, I assumed you were the elf perceiving discrimination.

Not sure what you meant by bad people. Selling a race specific item does not automatically make one bad, it does not even make one necessarily a jerk. If it is a general degree of racial discrimination, I do not see very much these days.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    I don't understand why the reforge thing is automatically assumed to be malicious... reforges are a gamble. I regularly get Taunt/Wind Guard reforges on items that giants can't wear, it's not exactly something I aim for. Mabi's RNG is powered by trolls.

If you happen to get a good archery reforge on your heavy helm then it's just hilarious good luck selling that junk bad luck.
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100

As @Eralea said, reforges are pure luck based. I don't spend money on reforges because of that (and the fact that I'm broke). Whenever I get the base reforge from the general stores, I'll see all kinds of racial transformation boosts pop up. Even though I'm not that race and can never use that transformation. To say an Archery reforge on an human/giant only item is biased would be true if we could control reforges. With your current logic, any Knight/Lance reforges on human/elf only items is biased as well.

As a human, I supported elves for the char card, I supported giants for the char card. I currently support giants because I don't care enough to switch over again as I have no reason to bother. If I have a reason to switch back to elves, then I will.
    I do have a very short list of criteria for determining if I don't like you:
    1. Are you an ass?
    2. Do you criticize others over fashion preferences? (see 1)
    3. Do you shun people because they don't have a certain skill rank or item? (see 1)
    4. Do you shun people because they mastered a certain talent? (see 1)
    5. I think you get the idea.
    If any of your actions puts you on that list, then I'm not going to like you. Otherwise, we might be able to get along.
    GretaRainthesword
  • justshowingjustshowing
    edited June 26, 2017
    Please don't judge me i was just upset over something i see a lot happening.

I try not to be an ass :(

I wanna cry now.
  • lethalviruslethalvirus
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,720
    edited June 27, 2017
    Please don't judge me i was just upset over something i see a lot happening.

I try not to be an ass :(

I wanna cry now.

Oh baby don't cry Lay your head on my shoulder shut your eyes, go to sleep.
    See you tomorrow on Christmas day.

Froget your troubles, go onto a deep sheep and dreeeeeam what your love will get you, what your love will get you

Go to sleep froget your troubles, lay your head on my shoulder and go to sleep.

EDIT: POST NUMBER 69 CONGRATULATIONS TO ME !! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU !
    Greta