Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Stuck in tailoring

orcabluewaorcabluewa
Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
in Help
Hopefully someone can help :/
I'm a level 7 in tailoring. But, I can't find a pattern to use that counts for the numbered items I need to succeed or fail. When I use a level 6 professional silk weaving gloves the "use skill successfully" counts down but nothing else. What level pattern should you choose to advance to level 6? (I have tried random patterns at levels 6-8)

Comments

• AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    If you succeed at tailoring something 2 ranks easier, it will count as a "failure". To get the "Huge Success", you will need to make items 2 ranks higher than your current rank, you will need to tailor rank 5 items. The wiki has a nice list of all of the tailor-able items in the game.
    orcabluewa
  • LillAngelLillAngel
    Mabinogi Rep: 560
    To get the "achieve a very good result" points, you need to use a pattern at least 2 levels ahead.
    I myself am about to start working on tailoring again, I'm only rA but I'm not really familiar with all the reforge options. I tried to reforge me some kits and I've gotten a rank 3 Tailoring EXP 1 Level, as well as a couple quality ones. Do you know if the EXP one will help much or is that bottom of the barrel for help?
  • orcabluewaorcabluewa
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
    Thanks for the info :) I',m not sure about the exp 1 though. Maybe someone else will post that.
  • downbookdownbook
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,185
    LillAngel wrote: »
    I've gotten a rank 3 Tailoring EXP 1 Level, as well as a couple quality ones. Do you know if the EXP one will help much or is that bottom of the barrel for help?

It certainly helps on Rank 3 if you can try reforge more and obtain EXP 2, with it you gain an overall 20% more points per training count.
  • LillAngelLillAngel
    Thanks for that info, but another question if you don't mind. Can I obtain EXP 2 using the NPC bought reforge tool as well, or do i have to reforge with a cash shop tool?
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited May 4, 2017
    The npc bought reforge tool will work (in fact, you must start a reforge by using the npc reforge tool then you can use the cash shop reforge tools). Just buy a bunch of Tailoring kits and reforge tools and mash them together. Eventually you will get one that is a level 2 Tailoring Exp reforge. If you get one that is level 1, you could settle for a 10% increase or keep going until you get level 2.

In case you ask: using a cash shop reforge tool on a level 1 Tailoring Exp reforged Tailoring Kit will not increase the Tailoring Exp level. All cash shop reforge tools do are rerolls with a piddly chance of ranking up. Also known as pay-to-win garbage.
  • LillAngelLillAngel
    edited May 4, 2017
    Great, thanks again for the info. And yeah, i went thru 20 to get the ones i do have, kept getting rolls with regular stats. I think I'll try a few more for that EXP 2, I'd especially like to have that by the time I get a couple more ranks up.