Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can't start game with Nexon and Steam launchers

IboriiIborii
Mabinogi Rep: 640
in Technical Support
I've been able to run Mabinogi fine on 4/28/17 through Steam but when I tried to launch the game yesterday, Steam gives me:
resize wrote:
kQWERTt.png
followed by the disappearance of client.exe after attempting to relaunch the game:
resize wrote:
u4h207s.png
So, I switched to the Nexon launcher and the play button does not launch the game either. The problem is that when I click play, the loading wheel appears and then the currently in game message appears and disappears as quickly as it shows up. I've noticed that the Client.exe file is missing in the Nexon version even with the re-installation of the game in the launcher.

Here's what I've done so far:

Verified/ Re-installed files for both launchers. (I am running as an admin)
Un/Reinstalled the game + restarted computer
Renamed Mabinogi.exe to Client.exe in the Nexon library. (Turns out that redirects to the direct launcher instead)

Anyone have other suggestions?

Comments

• asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    And the files are in that directory as well? Usually even the launcher has problems if it's not in the default directory. I know they have the option to re-direct it but it usually causes problems down the line. Quite sad for those who don't want it in the main drive should something happen to it.
  • IboriiIborii
    Yes. I re-installed the game today again.
    This is before I launched the game:
    resize wrote:
    JJmVKmk.png
    Then after:
    resize wrote:
    R5ZrK3o.png

The files are in their place, yet Client.exe disappears as I launch the game from steam.
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    It may sound like an odd question, but are you an Administrator on the computer that you're using? If you are, have you tried choosing to run Steam or Nexon Launcher as Administrator (Right Click > Run As Administrator)?
  • IboriiIborii
    Yes, I am running as the administrator. I just tried the "right click> run as admin" right now and it still gave me the permissions error code/ loop w/o launch. I have submitted a support ticket and am currently looking into my anti-virus/ any programs that might be interfering with the launch.