Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Coming back from a 3+year hiatus

bubafatboybubafatboy
Mabinogi Rep: 300
edited May 11, 2017 in General Chat
So ive decided to pick mabi up again after a pretty huge break, and i was wonder if theres been any huge changes lately. Such as changes to races, have there been any balances, also have they fixed range? I remember it being pretty wonky especially on an elf. Also hows the server situation, im on tarlach now but was thinking about switching to Alexina just as a fresh restart thing, are ghost servers still a thing?

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Welcome to Hell! >:)

Well, hello there, nice to make you acquaintance. We had a great deal of changes in the last 3 years, but I vaguely remember the Talent System being Implemented, Ninja and Gunner Talents being added, and several skills added to already existing combat and lifeskills group, including the almighty Bash, the usefulish Urgent Shot, Mushroom gathering, Milking, etc.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Liyeta wrote: »
    yes still a thing. we have 3 ghost server now. there is a lot of changes to balance, gameplay, and other fancy stuff. i suggest just read the wiki or try things out in game.

I said stop that. They are not dead. :|
    MarithXiokunNilremVimi
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    They're not really "ghost" servers, you just need to be on the right channel. The market channel usually has the most people.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    the most amount of people "not doing anything"
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Kouyioue wrote: »

You never actually know what they're doing. They may look like they're AFK, but sometimes they're not.
    If you need help, just ask around. Not everyone is AFK.
    YellowBin
  • AwwPicklesAwwPickles
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    edited May 12, 2017
    Yokkaichi wrote: »
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    If you need help, just ask around. Not everyone is AFK.

Pickles was never afk!

It's just pickles left hand was... >. > Stuck in a pickle jar for the past 3 hours saving a fellow pickle from the agony of fermenting in salt and vinegar! After fierce battle of not letting go and bashing said prison on counter top Pickles emerged victorious, with minor impaled injuries and a liberated pickle!

Alas brave pickle comrade did not survive encounter, and was later consumed. Tis a sad day.

Why must tubular glass prisons be so constricting!

• MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    edited May 12, 2017
    I'd suggest staying on Tarlach.

But then I actually like the peace and quiet of a sparsely populated dun on non-market channels. Going on 7 is a nightmare.

Use the altruist system if you need help reacclimating. Those are always answered so fast I rarely even get the opportunity to help.
  • HawkleafHawkleaf
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    I'll be more than happy to help you out. I'm on Tarlach as well. I'm usually semi afk due to college, but I do what I can.

I'm only on 7 for markets, but I'll spend time on 5 which is okay. I checked Dunby and saw a handful of people there actually talking....